Exchange Calendar sync without syncing email....

tommce

Jan 9, 2014
Visit site
Hi,

Is there any way to sync just the calendar from an Exchange account?

I only really want to set my Work email to Manual sync but I need my work calendar to update ideally as it arrives.

Used to be able to do this on my Palm Pre 2.........

mattcheau

Jan 3, 2014
Visit site
i don't feel like trying it myself -- but what happens when you try to add the account in duplicate, but with different sync settings (i.e. pulled mail on one, push calendar on the other, contacts on one or the other to avoid conflict). my guess would be that this doesn't work.

tommce

Jan 9, 2014
Visit site
Thanks, I presumed this wouldn't work either but thought it would be worth a go and it actually seemed to work but I don't think it is reliable as I am not sure they are acting independently of each other. It's late and I need to stop fiddling with this but I think one download new content setting is overriding the other but I can't work out which one....

Throughs up error code 85002012 every now and then as well

Not ideal, but I'll keep trying

tommce

Jan 9, 2014
Visit site
Just an update for completeness sake - doesn't work well enough to be of much use; both accounts sync on their own settings to start with, but then the one set to 'as items arrive' shows a conflict error. works again after a restart, but not a practical work around.

horseybob

Apr 17, 2013
Visit site
The settings don't enable different schedules. I have contacts and calendar synced all the time, Friday afternoons I go into settings -> email accounts and de-select e-mail. Monday(ish), re-select and email immediately syncs. About 5 steps or so. Give that a try. Helps to decouple from work!

tommce

Jan 9, 2014
Visit site
The settings don't enable different schedules. I have contacts and calendar synced all the time, Friday afternoons I go into settings -> email accounts and de-select e-mail. Monday(ish), re-select and email immediately syncs. About 5 steps or so. Give that a try. Helps to decouple from work!

Thanks, that's a really good suggestion.

What I'm doing at the moment is to have a separate mailbox which isn't pined - I've called it 1.Work so it's at the top of the menu, easy to access when I need it but no notification when I don't

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
COME ON WIN ANDROID (ADI)