UK 1020 CV Black available!

dznk

Sep 6, 2013
Visit site
Just so people are aware, the Black Update for the 1020 in the UK is also available right now on all the networks (3, EE, Vodafone and O2).

DAIMONDY

Jul 11, 2011
Visit site
Just so people are aware, the Black Update for the 1020 in the UK is also available right now on all the networks (3, EE, Vodafone and O2).

Just finished downloading it. Its great :)

Im sure i read somewhere that screen mirroring would be available via the new update. Cant seem to find anything.

App folders is also very cool. Worth downloading!

gibaslam

Oct 23, 2013
Visit site
My phone is claiming that it is up to date, despite the about screen clearly showing otherwise -

temporary_zpsc72a1ce9.png

Any ideas?

dznk

Sep 6, 2013
Visit site
Just finished downloading it. Its great :)

Im sure i read somewhere that screen mirroring would be available via the new update. Cant seem to find anything.

App folders is also very cool. Worth downloading!
With the screen mirroring, I think you may be referring to Nokia Beamer. This app will mirror your screen onto another Phone or Laptop for example.

My phone is claiming that it is up to date, despite the about screen clearly showing otherwise -

http://i881.photobucket.com/albums/ac15/gibletPH/temporary_zpsc72a1ce9.png

Any ideas?
Strange, as it's available on 3 according to Nokia. I'd try turning the phone off and back on again. Then make sure you are connected to WiFi. Once you are on WiFi, check again for the update.

imaware

Apr 27, 2013
Visit site
Same here , on 3UK also and no update as of yet.
Yes I have restarted the phone and have tried several times in the past couple of hours.

gibaslam

Oct 23, 2013
Visit site
Same here , on 3UK also and no update as of yet.
Yes I have restarted the phone and have tried several times in the past couple of hours.

Sent ThreeUKSupport a tweet, the reply was "Just maintenance releases so far Gib, shouldn't be long for this though"

That's funny, as I have never had a single update since I got my handset on the day it was released in the UK. It's rather crappy how networks take their time with updates for the 1020 etc yet Apple manage to release updates directly from itunes on the day they say they will.

dznk

Sep 6, 2013
Visit site
I can see the reason why you are not receiving it on the 3 network. It appears it wasn't even released to begin with. Nokia had made a mistake on their update page, as now, the 3 UK status has backtracked from 'Available' to 'Coming soon'. So that explains why you are not receiving it yet. At least it's not gone back to 'Waiting for approval'. As it's on 'Coming soon', I wouldn't think you'll be waiting long, maybe a few days (sometimes longer, but hopefully not).

Ixia

Oct 4, 2013
Visit site
I'm on 3 and got the update at about 4pm today, my phone is unlocked, if it makes any difference. I had to chase the update on the check for updates tab, whereas last time the update popped up on the start screen.

dznk

Sep 6, 2013
Visit site
I'm on 3 and got the update at about 4pm today, my phone is unlocked, if it makes any difference. I had to chase the update on the check for updates tab, whereas last time the update popped up on the start screen.

Yes, as your phone is unlocked, you would receive the 'Country variant' version, which has already been released, not the 3 UK version. On WP, system update checks are only done weekly, so that's probably why you didn't see it popup on your screen. I always manaully check once I know an update has been released for my phone :)

neils0911

Jan 11, 2014
Visit site
Hi can anyone tell me if the black update now makes it able to fast forward videos in Internet Explorer? That was the one of the only problems I had with the lumia 1020 and am thinking about getting another

Presto

Sep 17, 2013
Visit site
Noticed that you can now wake the phone and go straight to the camera by holding the shutter button when the phone is locked. No longer need to unlock the phone to take pictures.

Dan541

Jan 12, 2014
Visit site

What version of Windows does your phone says it has please?

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JoshRos