We are currently unable to check for the updates (800072ee2)

sergeten

Dec 27, 2013
Visit site
Hello everyone!

I have issues installing a black update on my 1020. Whenever I am checking for an update, the phone displays a message "We are currently unable to check for the updates (800072ee2)". I read in threads for other Nokia models that the possible solutions may be:

1) switching to Wi-Fi. I've done that.

2) setting a correct time and date. I bought my 1020 in Moscow (my region is set to Russia), but I understand the product was intended for Hong Kong and I am using it in Uzbekistan. Which time would be correct for me? Currently the time set time is Uzbekistan local time. I tried switching to automatic and Moscow local time without any effect.

I have 20 Gb of space available, so this should not be an issue. The battery is almost fully charged.

Any ideas?

Thank you.

GeneNZ

Dec 4, 2011
Visit site
I have a HK 1020 in HK and was experiencing the same error. I just kept trying and it eventually downloaded the update. Maybe just a congested server.

sergeten

Dec 27, 2013
Visit site
I have a HK 1020 in HK and was experiencing the same error. I just kept trying and it eventually downloaded the update. Maybe just a congested server.

I was using corporate wi-fi at the office. I think it had smth to do with VPN or firewall settings at work. I managed to download the update at home. Interestingly the download started only ufter I plugged in a charger.

Nevertheless, now it displays another error "the update was downloaded but couldn't be opened 8018830f". Will try to find a solution for this one now =(

jamesbond69

Jan 9, 2014
Visit site
hey man i had the same error as you the "the update was downloaded but couldn't be opened 8018830f", i fixed the issue by enabling carrier data. turn wifi on and your cell provider data on and it will work 100%, also dont worry about the update using your data, it just needs the carrier data to send the IMIE and other phone info to their servers.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss