Black has inhibited Peek

Chris Sandiford

Jun 30, 2013
Visit site
Updated my 925 to Black this evening and now the Peek setting in Glance won't work.
All other Glance settings unaffected.

Anyone else had this problem?

*Update* It DOES work but not now in low light as it used to. You could Peek in the dark pre-Black but not now.

multo

Nov 19, 2012
Visit site
Are you using glance background app? I've noticed some issues with glance on my 1520 when I have a background on it. I thought it was a sensor problem. I disabled glance background and now it's back to normal.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk

benny142

Mar 12, 2013
Visit site
After turning the glance off.. go to home page and lock your phone. Again unlock and then turn glance to peek. Thats all i did. Make sure you quit the glance seeting once you set to off.

Chris Sandiford

Jun 30, 2013
Visit site
Are you using glance background app? I've noticed some issues with glance on my 1520 when I have a background on it. I thought it was a sensor problem. I disabled glance background and now it's back to normal.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk

Not got the Glance background installed - I thought it looked cheap and tacky so that's not a factor.
Tried turning off Glance, switching phone on and off then resetting to Peek again and still the same - very intermittent operation.

Donatas Inciura

Jan 11, 2014
Visit site
The same problem with glance. Glance is up to date, phone lumia 925 32gb. Glance peek works well in day light, but not at night.

Last edited:

Mr Lebowski

Dec 11, 2013
Visit site
Same here with Peek. In dark you have to try harder to make it work. Before black it was ok.
I hope they will fix it.

It was GDR3 that made it harder to use peek in the dark when hovering your hand. It was the first negative thing I noticed,
it just takes getting used to.
And I don't know why they would fix it, if it's been there since some of us signed up for the Preview for Developers program
in order to get GDR3 and that was back in early October.
They would have had plenty of time to fix it in 2.5 months if it was something deemed important enough to warrant a fix,
obviously they haven't.

Note: I don't have Lumia Black

Chris Sandiford

Jun 30, 2013
Visit site
It was GDR3 that made it harder to use peek in the dark when hovering your hand. It was the first negative thing I noticed,
it just takes getting used to.
And I don't know why they would fix it, if it's been there since some of us signed up for the Preview for Developers program
in order to get GDR3 and that was back in early October.
They would have had plenty of time to fix it in 2.5 months if it was something deemed important enough to warrant a fix,
obviously they haven't.

Note: I don't have Lumia Black
I've had the GDR3 Dev preview for three months now and this is the first time I've noticed the problem. However, two of those months were on my old 820. This has definitely only manifested itself on my 925 since Black.

Also notice the red sensor light too now in the dark. I swear that wasn't there yesterday either!

Will6371

Nov 10, 2013
Visit site
I've had the GDR3 Dev preview for three months now and this is the first time I've noticed the problem. However, two of those months were on my old 820. This has definitely only manifested itself on my 925 since Black.

Also notice the red sensor light too now in the dark. I swear that wasn't there yesterday either!

The red sensor light was there before black. I noticed it about 3 weeks ago.

Also how are people using peek? I got used to it on my old S4 and the way it was activated on that was to move your hand down to the phone as if you were going to pick it up and then move your hand back away from the phone before you touch it as opposed to the way you change the Web page (on S4) by sweeping your hand across the phone.

The reason I ask is because I don't have a problem with peek on 925 or 1020

Rodrigo Mendes

Jul 9, 2013
Visit site
Same here, but i don't know when happens. If was after or before GDR3 (weeks ago) or Black Update (yesterday).

Need to put my hands on infrared to show Glance screen.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kuyhaa