OFFICIAL "I GOT MY LUMIA BLACK" update thread..

peachy001

Nov 3, 2012
Visit site
black will contain gdr3 included with the update. Nokia says ee is "waiting for approval" so its basically in testing at ee.

you sure? That was not what I understood. I thought that they were rolling out separately. EE has had it waiting for approval for a while in UK.

mprebich

Mar 1, 2013
Visit site
Black update now available in Philippines for L920 (unlocked RM-821_apac_philippines_388).

Already had the GDR3 preview installed.

Update went smoothly; although it took almost 2 hours to install and update (after downloading).

Nice touch that after the final restart it gives a popup notification "Welcome to Nokia Lumia Black", which links to a nokia.com webpage.

Nokia Beamer, Nokia Camera, and Nokia Storyteller Beta all installed afterward. Will play around with everything tonight and give any updates.

Darth litku

Sep 15, 2013
Visit site
Black update now available in Philippines for L920 (unlocked RM-821_apac_philippines_388).

Already had the GDR3 preview installed.

Update went smoothly; although it took almost 2 hours to install and update (after downloading).

Nice touch that after the final restart it gives a popup notification "Welcome to Nokia Lumia Black", which links to a nokia.com webpage.

Nokia Beamer, Nokia Camera, and Nokia Storyteller Beta all installed afterward. Will play around with everything tonight and give any updates.

I hope L720 will be next here in the Phil. 😊

SAM 77

Jan 17, 2014
Visit site
Hi peeps

Using a Lumia 820 on Optus

Got my Lumia Black update this morning Sydney time. Install went a bit funny compared to GDR2 (which was a faultless install/upgrade) but managed to sort itself out with a lil patience.

Did a full phone reset after install to start everything off nice and clean. No issues so far. Can install Nokia Beamer and Play To.

Pretty satisfied here so far, I've been a lurker for a while but figured its about time to join in case I have issues with my GDR3 down the track.

I don't think I will but just in case. :winktongue:

JimiDiGriz

Feb 23, 2012
Visit site
Horrible feeling EE UK will be lagging behind again a la GDR2 from looking at the Nokia update page. Where other carriers are rolling out for the 'lower' models, EE is still 'waiting for approval'.

SAM 77

Jan 17, 2014
Visit site
Camera seems to take shots quicker. Shots taken seem to matched what gets saved. Unlike before where the saved file would lose clarity from the preview.

So far so good. Nokia Camera app is working well.��

pauljwells

Jul 16, 2013
Visit site
Black on my L925. Already had Dev Preview GDR3. Mobile data seems to be a bit flaky after the update. I'm going to try a reset and see if it's ok then

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JoshRos