OFFICIAL "I GOT MY LUMIA BLACK" update thread..

peachy001

Nov 3, 2012
Visit site
Horrible feeling EE UK will be lagging behind again a la GDR2 from looking at the Nokia update page. Where other carriers are rolling out for the 'lower' models, EE is still 'waiting for approval'.

Sat here waiting too. They are pants. They have called ne twice to offer me some "loyalty discounts" though. Poor offerings.

Cryio

Oct 6, 2013
Visit site
I'm so excited to get my phone back from repairs tomorrow. Will download Black in an instant (available in Romania).

I read something about some changes to Nokia Camera especially for the L820, yeah, very excited.

PS: The guys at the store tried to pull a fast one on me. Had to send the phone to repairs a 2nd time :(. Now it's already been in repairs for 41 days.

Last edited:

Nik_Ind

Jan 18, 2013
Visit site
I'm still waiting for the update. I have a Red Lumia 920 RM-821. Nokia's official website says it's available in India. Many others have even updated but I still don't see any signs of the update. I don't understand what the problem is. It keeps saying that the phone is up-to-date!

rusty_sim

Oct 29, 2013
Visit site
Got it the other day on my L820 in New Zealand on a parallel imported handset from Singapore

I had to use NSU retail to update to Amber so it was cool to get Black over the air.

Darren Collett1

Jan 27, 2014
Visit site
Nokia Lumia 820 Black update on EE, at least this time they told us what was being updated, notifications on glance screen are alright, but still underwhelmed by the lack of a visible notification light. If it werent for this major oversight id be saying 10/10 instead of 7/10.

Small improvements are good but why are they ignoring such a needed feature?

peachy001

Nov 3, 2012
Visit site
Nokia Lumia 820 Black update on EE, at least this time they told us what was being updated, notifications on glance screen are alright, but still underwhelmed by the lack of a visible notification light. If it werent for this major oversight id be saying 10/10 instead of 7/10.

Small improvements are good but why are they ignoring such a needed feature?

a light would be Ok, but you can turn the glance thing on permanently I think. That has notifications.

Cryio

Oct 6, 2013
Visit site
Does seem that way.... shame
a light would be Ok, but you can turn the glance thing on permanently I think. That has notifications.

Actually, yeah. What's the deal with lighting notifications? I thought those were useful for letting you know when you have recieved a message or call when your display is off. Buf if you are using (like all of us) the Glance Screen 2.0 for notifications, what would be the point for notification lights? (of course Samsung, HTC and Huawei are at a loss here, but I presume a L820 owner wouldn't care)

Darren Collett1

Jan 27, 2014
Visit site
Actually, yeah. What's the deal with lighting notifications? I thought those were useful for letting you know when you have recieved a message or call when your display is off. Buf if you are using (like all of us) the Glance Screen 2.0 for notifications, what would be the point for notification lights? (of course Samsung, HTC and Huawei are at a loss here, but I presume a L820 owner wouldn't care)

Glance screen 2.0 uses battery, double tap to wake uses battery, then we have a lockscreen to navigate ontop of that... seems an awful lot of hassle to find out if you missed a message or call, a notification light would have been simpler... at least now we have a choice... can u turn the lockscreen off?

infinidim

Jul 16, 2012
Visit site
I got my "black" update a few days ago. It works really well with one exception. I am still getting the random battery drain on my phone. Restarting it clears the issue for a while.

prasath1234

Oct 28, 2013
Visit site
Guys how is the black update improved your battery life.how much battery drain is there now.plz rep lumia 820 user.

Sent from my iris458Q using WPCentral Forums mobile app

Darren Collett1

Jan 27, 2014
Visit site
I really like the glance screen, works well when you take it out out of your pocket, so now my next question is, why the lock screen if we have the glance screen, why cant we now turn off the lockscreen????

edit: battery life seems to be much better, im staying optimistically cautious, but my battery so far since i got the update lasts so much longer...however its only been a few days, so I will wait a bit longer before jumping up and down too much...

SAM 77

Jan 17, 2014
Visit site
Guys how is the black update improved your battery life.how much battery drain is there now.plz rep lumia 820 user.

Sent from my iris458Q using WPCentral Forums mobile app

After three weeks I can report that its about the same as GDR2 however thats been in 3G areas
I cant see any noticeable difference

I gotta go to the city to check out if 4G drain is the same or worse.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
killshot4077