Lumia Black question

fredd

Feb 15, 2008
Visit site
I take it there must be some bugs with the Black update. Maybe thats why most of the North America phones arent getting the update yet.

jgraves1107

Dec 12, 2013
Visit site
And that is why gdr3 plus updating your Nokia apps is the same as black. I have all the apps that are suppose to be in Lumia black. So what is the update gonna do for my 928? Based on what Nokia says its not. Other than add or remove what Verizon wants done to it. That's why I was wondering what the heck is in this update. Sure Nokia said gdr3 voids my warranty and I said but if I load amber back on it then what happens. He was confused how I could put amber back on the phone. I said you know Nokia supplied the software to load it right. Then he realized he needed to ask to be sure. He said it don't matter after all. If the hardware fails they fix it. If the OS fails they reload it. I don't even think Nokia knows what the update has in it. They let the carrier change it up and then the carrier sends it back saying its ready. I don't want Verizon navigation and all that crap. I want call blocking though. Guess we have to wait and see. I still think this is the reason we have so many phones fail. Android is the same way. Apple seems to be the only one that tells the carriers no, but I'm tired of having to use 500 apps to do what my WP does without me touching it.

hopmedic

Apr 27, 2011
Visit site
And that is why gdr3 plus updating your Nokia apps is the same as black. I have all the apps that are suppose to be in Lumia black. So what is the update gonna do for my 928? Based on what Nokia says its not. Other than add or remove what Verizon wants done to it. That's why I was wondering what the heck is in this update. Sure Nokia said gdr3 voids my warranty and I said but if I load amber back on it then what happens. He was confused how I could put amber back on the phone. I said you know Nokia supplied the software to load it right. Then he realized he needed to ask to be sure. He said it don't matter after all. If the hardware fails they fix it. If the OS fails they reload it. I don't even think Nokia knows what the update has in it. They let the carrier change it up and then the carrier sends it back saying its ready. I don't want Verizon navigation and all that crap. I want call blocking though. Guess we have to wait and see. I still think this is the reason we have so many phones fail. Android is the same way. Apple seems to be the only one that tells the carriers no, but I'm tired of having to use 500 apps to do what my WP does without me touching it.
Here's what's in it:
Nokia Lumia Black update begins rollout - Nokia Conversations

Lumia Black update | Windows Phone Central

the_thunderbird

Dec 24, 2011
Visit site
I have an unlocked Verizon 928 running on Rogers. Have never owned an unlocked device before? When the carrier releases the update will my phone follow, despite having a Rogers sim?

AV2RY

Sep 14, 2013
Visit site
I have an unlocked Verizon 928 running on Rogers. Have never owned an unlocked device before? When the carrier releases the update will my phone follow, despite having a Rogers sim?
As long as I know all L928 are unlocked. And YES youll get update as Verizon releases it. I got Tmobiles sim and got GDR2 as it was released

BBMINI

Nov 5, 2012
Visit site
Also you need Black for apps like Nokia Beamer
I've seen this mentioned before and am confused by it. I've had Nokia's PhotoBeamer app on my 928 for a few months and it works fine, so what it is about Black and PhotoBeamer that's being referred to in all the update mentions, or is "Beamer" different than "PhotoBeamer"? I'm probably confused and misunderstanding something, but I've wondered about this enough times to finally post about it. For reference, I'm on OS 8.0.10327.77 from VZW.

Tepid

Jan 26, 2013
Visit site
I've seen this mentioned before and am confused by it. I've had Nokia's PhotoBeamer app on my 928 for a few months and it works fine, so what it is about Black and PhotoBeamer that's being referred to in all the update mentions, or is "Beamer" different than "PhotoBeamer"? I'm probably confused and misunderstanding something, but I've wondered about this enough times to finally post about it. For reference, I'm on OS 8.0.10327.77 from VZW.

Cuase it is not PhotoBeamer
It is Nokia Beamer and that requires Black, it's a much different app than PhotoBeamer
Nokia Beamer | Windows Phone Apps+Games Store (United States)

I don't know the complete details, but it appears you can possibly use your camera as a Web Cam also now.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Carnes