Hi co-owners of the 620!

Ive been having a problem lately, in which 2 times out of 3 I cannot answer phone calls.

When receiving the phone call, the phone vibrates, plays the ringtone, displays the callers ID normally, but I just cannot slide the screen up to press the answer button.

Sometimes the on screen slide and answer buttons are in "buggy grey" color, and are unresponsive.

I have the amber update.

Rebooting the phone doesnt help. I havent done a hard reset yet.

Any ideas?!?!?!?
    01-13-2014 06:56 AM
    I had the same problem with my 520, reboot worked for me.
    01-13-2014 07:01 AM
    Not that it helps a great deal, but is this your problem? - lumia 620 call answering problem - not sliding up (Workaround: - Microsoft Community If so, It occasionally happens on my 620 from time to time.
    svenhassel likes this.
    01-14-2014 04:32 AM
    Not that it helps a great deal, but is this your problem? - lumia 620 call answering problem - not sliding up (Workaround: - Microsoft Community If so, It occasionally happens on my 620 from time to time.

it seems to be a problem of the proximity sensor, and it makes sense. Always happens when i have it on my pocket!

Now what? 😓
    01-14-2014 05:03 AM
    You can test the proximity sensor - http://www.nokia.com/in-en/support/p...topic=FA139001 apparently.

But, as I said above, it does happen on my phone occasionally. Hasn't happened for a few weeks but when it does it usually occurs more than once. I read that dirt or dust near it can cause problems, so make sure the top of the screen area is clean, or as the article says a screen protector of the wrong type or slightly in the wrong place can block it apparently.

But having said all that, mine just comes and goes. Usually it works then it doesn't for a while. Then it works again .... etc ......
    svenhassel likes this.
    01-14-2014 06:00 AM
    it's not about proxy. When you have call you should lock screen(via lock button) And unlock again.It will fix it
    01-14-2014 07:50 AM
    You can test the proximity sensor - http://www.nokia.com/in-en/support/p...topic=FA139001 apparently.

But, as I said above, it does happen on my phone occasionally. Hasn't happened for a few weeks but when it does it usually occurs more than once. I read that dirt or dust near it can cause problems, so make sure the top of the screen area is clean, or as the article says a screen protector of the wrong type or slightly in the wrong place can block it apparently.

But having said all that, mine just comes and goes. Usually it works then it doesn't for a while. Then it works again .... etc ......
    Maybe I'll remove the screen protector. I don't remember the problem before having it, or being so problematic at least.
    01-14-2014 09:26 AM
    it's not about proxy. When you have call you should lock screen(via lock button) And unlock again.It will fix it
    Thanks, but anyway I'll look for a real fix more than a stop gap.
    01-14-2014 09:28 AM
    Update: even removing the screen protector, I still have this problem.

It persists mostly when I have the phone in my pocket, or when the case is closed.

Damn bug :(
    03-10-2014 03:56 PM
    i have this problem too and i went to nokia care the told me when i receive a call and this problem happen just press the lock button and press it again then answer the call even they didnt solve this problem and if they solve it they will took the phone from me and just make a factory reset
    03-12-2014 09:39 AM
    same thing happen with me plz somebody solve this issue
    Hi co-owners of the 620!

Ive been having a problem lately, in which 2 times out of 3 I cannot answer phone calls.

When receiving the phone call, the phone vibrates, plays the ringtone, displays the callers ID normally, but I just cannot slide the screen up to press the answer button.

Sometimes the on screen slide and answer buttons are in "buggy grey" color, and are unresponsive.

I have the amber update.

Any ideas?!?!?!?
    03-14-2014 12:09 PM
    I have the same problem sometimes. And it doesnt matter if it was in the pocket or outside or what ever...

Just LOCK and UNLOCK the phone, takes 1 second! iPhone and Android users have the same problems (or had, in the past?). Because a friend of mine saw this happen on my Lumia and he said "same on the iPhone"...
    03-16-2014 04:23 PM
    I have the same problem sometimes. And it doesnt matter if it was in the pocket or outside or what ever...

Just LOCK and UNLOCK the phone, takes 1 second! iPhone and Android users have the same problems (or had, in the past?). Because a friend of mine saw this happen on my Lumia and he said "same on the iPhone"...
    Yes, I'm doing that, but it's not an ideal solution. Oh well, seems that there is no real solution. It's just a defect in the manufacturing of the phone. The only one so far.
    03-17-2014 05:57 AM
    Yes. But iphones have the same problem!!!! First world problems... Pfff
    03-17-2014 06:55 AM
    Yes. But iphones have the same problem!!!! First world problems... Pfff
    I live in argentina , so we have all kind of problems, lol
    03-17-2014 08:22 AM
    Hi co-owners of the 620!

I have the amber update.

Any ideas?!?!?!?
    Does this happen when you take the phone out of your pocket/case while its ringing? If so, this is not really a problem with the phone. Its the proximity sensor that is coming into play. It disables the screen so that the call is not answered/rejected by accident. Just press the power button twice - you should be able to slide the bar. Unlike android, Windows Phone doesn't reject the call if you press the power button.
    ahmadsamhann likes this.
    03-18-2014 02:25 PM
    That's what I said, thank you. But it is too much work for him to do so.
    Plus he can't accept it's a hardware problem and you can't do anything...

Sent from my RM-846_eu_euro2_357 using Tapatalk
    03-18-2014 07:07 PM
    That's what I said, thank you. But it is too much work for him to do so.
    Plus he can't accept it's a hardware problem and you can't do anything...

Sent from my RM-846_eu_euro2_357 using Tapatalk
    I use that provisional solution anyway, there is no option!
    03-19-2014 12:16 PM
    1 day it happened 5 times a day feeling retarded

Posted via Windows Phone Central App
    07-08-2014 08:37 AM
    It happens in my 1320 as well. Pressing thr lock button again and again is not a solution. I also witness that my main screen also freezes and touch stops working. As soon as I press the lock button it starts working. Please say what to do
    09-10-2014 09:22 PM
    I thought I was the only one having this problem. Pressing the power button does fix it. LOL I am not alone anymore. Thanks guys for the company.
    09-13-2014 10:16 AM