03-11-2015 09:00 PM
464 ... 1213141516 ...
tools
    the reason you don't have settings for Xbox music , the service is not available in your region/country same applies to my phone/country.
    Aah!! I left that bit of detail :)
    anon(7900571) likes this.
    01-18-2014 12:50 PM
    I would have definitely done a backup - only if I could open the app. :)
    Ooops! I forgot :D
    01-18-2014 12:52 PM
    This bug I had in all the Windows phones....even in my HTC 8X....sometimes I just can't open any app except camera and settings. I have to reboot my phone. I found this issue even in Nokia Lumia 920. Does anyone else have this problem??
    01-18-2014 01:02 PM
    This bug I had in all the Windows phones....even in my HTC 8X....sometimes I just can't open any app except camera and settings. I have to reboot my phone. I found this issue even in Nokia Lumia 920. Does anyone else have this problem??
    Sorry I didn't get you. You mean sometimes you are not able to open any app,calendar,music,photos,internet explorer except camera app and settings,if this is the problem try installing a new keyboard ,restart your phone,then again chose your regional keyboard,... I know this method sounds weird but this works, I have read this here on wpcentral forums. Try this one Nadia and do tell if this method works for you.
    hope4wp likes this.
    01-18-2014 02:18 PM
    Sorry I didn't get you. You mean sometimes you are not able to open any app,calendar,music,photos,internet explorer except camera app and settings,if this is the problem try installing a new keyboard ,restart your phone,then again chose your regional keyboard,... I know this method sounds weird but this works, I have read this here on wpcentral forums. Try this one Nadia and do tell if this method works for you.
    hmmm I already did that....I have like 4 keyboards already which I use more often....Arabic, Hindi, English and Spanish. It doesn't work :( I mean I didn't have this problem for a while....but it happened to me again now :( I'll let you know if it happens again :)
    anon(7900571) likes this.
    01-18-2014 03:12 PM
    I just bought a new Nokia Lumia 920, international model. Love the OS and the flow of the phone but it has big issues reading the sim card (i changed 3 at my mobile operator) sometimes it regognise the sim card but soon after i get the the no sim error, and there is also a 1cm( or so) dark stain in the camera and it can be seen on all photos, I updated to black update and rom flash and all what i found on forums and internet but nothing helps...

wp_20130720_05_29_05_pro.jpg
    wp_20140117_004.jpg
    Last edited by ben jada; 01-18-2014 at 05:21 PM.
    01-18-2014 04:48 PM
    I just bought a new Nokia Lumia 920, international model. Love the OS and the flow of the phone but it has big issues reading the sim card (i changed 3 at my mobile operator) sometimes it regognise the sim card but soon after i get the the no sim error, and there is also a 1cm( or so) dark stain in the camera and it can be seen on all photos, I updated to black update and rom flash and all what i found on forums and internet but nothing helps...

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	WP_20130720_05_29_05_Pro.jpg 
Views:	25 
Size:	198.5 KB 
ID:	54790

Name:	WP_20140117_004.jpg 
Views:	24 
Size:	183.5 KB 
ID:	54789
    hardware problems...most probably the camera lens.....take your phone to Nokia and say them that you have a problem with the camera lens... they will fix it :)
    01-18-2014 05:28 PM
    Well, I live in Israel and i bought the phone from a local dealer...I feel that it will take some time till I will get a replacement or a service for this one, the bad part is that i already sold my iCrap 5...:)
    01-18-2014 05:51 PM
    Well, I live in Israel and i bought the phone from a local dealer...I feel that it will take some time till I will get a replacement or a service for this one, the bad part is that i already sold my iCrap 5...:)
    Maybe your local dealer will be nice enough to replace it for you, and send it to Nokia him/herself. When did you buy your phone?
    01-19-2014 04:45 AM
    Try using a good cleaning solution and wipe the lens thoroughly. If not, the best option would be to take it to Nokia Care yourself. As long as your IMEI is legit, it doesn't matter whom you've purchased your phone from.
    01-19-2014 07:22 AM
    hmmm I already did that....I have like 4 keyboards already which I use more often....Arabic, Hindi, English and Spanish. It doesn't work :( I mean I didn't have this problem for a while....but it happened to me again now :( I'll let you know if it happens again :)
    I feel that this could be due to an app's background process that has been poorly coded. Some poorly coded apps can be quite hostile even though they run natively sandboxed. Try clearing your temp files and do a soft-reset. Also, disable background processes not needed.
    01-19-2014 07:26 AM
    I have found quite a few bugs...
    1) WhatsApp
    - I can't increase or decrease the volume of WhatsApp videos (maybe WhatsApp requires an update and I did restart my phone just to ensure that it's not a problem but with no luck :/ )
    - auto closes
    2) yellowish tint and blurry images :/
    This is how it took the picture
    Attachment 54734

and this is how it saved it
    Attachment 54735
    does anyone else have these problems???
    having the same as you do. The prepocessed photos are fairly sharp and over all good photos, but the processed ones are out of sharpness and at times, washed out colors. White balance has greatly been improved, though.
    Last edited by ezraofcebu; 01-19-2014 at 09:02 AM. Reason: mistyped
    01-19-2014 08:58 AM
    I feel that this could be due to an app's background process that has been poorly coded. Some poorly coded apps can be quite hostile even though they run natively sandboxed. Try clearing your temp files and do a soft-reset. Also, disable background processes not needed.
    I noticed it usually happens when I get push notifications from WhatsApp and I select them and then just everything stops opening.....but today morning I had nothing to do with my phone, and still I couldn't open WhatsApp or any such app..... -_- *so bugging* I've to restart my phone. I've tried a hard reset and a soft reset too.
    01-19-2014 11:06 AM
    As long as your IMEI is legit, it doesn't matter whom you've purchased your phone from.
    yes, but only if you have the "proof of purchase" receipt - trust me, I bought my Nokia Lumia 920 from someone that got it from UK EE without the receipt and now I have the "No Signal" issur 99% of the time and I am talking with Nokia Care, Nokia, EE on twitter and all they are saying is that I can send my phone to Nokia Care here in Romania (only one of them in Bucharest, but I think they close it recently) but only if I have the receipt, which I don't, so it's useless without it. Maybe a local service shop will take it, but what I have here in my city, they think that if they can open a telephone using some tools, they can fix it no matter what, but they don't know anything about Nokia, or I didn't found anyone.
    01-20-2014 03:22 AM
    regarding "smudges" on photos. I had a speck of dust between the chasis and the camera lens - cracked the phone open, blew it out, problem solved ;)
    hope4wp likes this.
    01-20-2014 05:35 AM

Name:	WP_20130720_05_29_05_Pro.jpg 
Views:	25 
Size:	198.5 KB 
ID:	54790

Name:	WP_20140117_004.jpg 
Views:	24 
Size:	183.5 KB 
ID:	54789
    regarding "smudges" on photos. I had a speck of dust between the chasis and the camera lens - cracked the phone open, blew it out, problem solved ;)
    Should've given him a link on how to take apart the L920
    How to take the Nokia Lumia 920 apart - for the DIY crowd | Windows Phone Central
    HaibaneReki likes this.
    01-20-2014 06:51 AM
    Should've given him a link on how to take apart the L920
    How to take the Nokia Lumia 920 apart - for the DIY crowd | Windows Phone Central
    right, my bad
    hope4wp likes this.
    01-20-2014 07:15 AM
    yes, but only if you have the "proof of purchase" receipt - trust me, I bought my Nokia Lumia 920 from someone that got it from UK EE without the receipt and now I have the "No Signal" issur 99% of the time and I am talking with Nokia Care, Nokia, EE on twitter and all they are saying is that I can send my phone to Nokia Care here in Romania (only one of them in Bucharest, but I think they close it recently) but only if I have the receipt, which I don't, so it's useless without it. Maybe a local service shop will take it, but what I have here in my city, they think that if they can open a telephone using some tools, they can fix it no matter what, but they don't know anything about Nokia, or I didn't found anyone.
    Oh. That's bad. Here in India, at least from my experience, all they need is your IMEI number with which they can determine if the product is under warranty or is the IMEI bad etc. I had taken my 920 to a Nokia Care to complain about excessive heating and battery drain and once along with a broken display. I said I didn't carry my proof of purchase. They verified my IMEI and said they would do the service. I had to pay for the screen though. Yeah its hard to entrust such a complex device to local repair shops. They will have scant appreciation for the technology inside. Although, sometimes I believe even the local Nokia Care doesn't understand it well though. :)
    01-20-2014 08:41 AM
    Update is ready for download for L920 (Malaysia)
    raycpl likes this.
    01-20-2014 10:13 PM
    65%....
    01-21-2014 04:12 AM
    Here's a quick rundown on the following 920 phones from Asia Pacific and Europe, which have just been made available to receive the Black Update within the last few hours (according to Nokia's site).
    (CV means Country Variant for those new to this, which are not tied to a certain carrier).

Asia Pacific 920's:
    Malaysia CV
    Singapore CV
    Singapore SingTel
    Singapore Starhub
    Taiwan CV
    Thailand CV

Europe 920's:
    Croatia VipNet
    Kazakhstan CV
    Norway CV
    Russia CV
    Ukraine CV
    01-21-2014 05:31 AM
    Any one plz can tel.. Is it possible to set my own ring tone for my what's app notification,...
    01-21-2014 12:29 PM
    Any one plz can tel.. Is it possible to set my own ring tone for my what's app notification,...
    Nope.
    01-21-2014 12:48 PM
    Any news about Black update on brazil? =/
    01-21-2014 02:08 PM
    Any news about Black update on brazil? =/
    I live in Brazil, but I use UK firmware, not affiliated with any carrier.

Lumia Black is working fine here, I had no problems.
    01-21-2014 10:30 PM
464 ... 1213141516 ...