All about Lumia Black for 920: Excitement, Bugs, User Experiences

Status
Not open for further replies.

josipogo

Nov 20, 2011
Visit site
I have today strange issue on Lumia 920.
Without any reason the apps are lock in landscape mode, once on right and second time in left side. Only what is help, turn off/on Screen Rotating mode setting.
Only what I have done beside installing Black update (two days ago), regular update also, I am install Nokia Beamer today (via proxy) and play it little bit with beaming screen to laptop.
If happens again, I will try to figure it out what could be reason.

anon(7900571)

Aug 5, 2013
Visit site
I have today strange issue on Lumia 920.
Without any reason the apps are lock in landscape mode, once on right and second time in left side. Only what is help, turn off/on Screen Rotating mode setting.
Only what I have done beside installing Black update (two days ago), regular update also, I am install Nokia Beamer today (via proxy) and play it little bit with beaming screen to laptop.
If happens again, I will try to figure it out what could be reason.

Umm it's not a bug , screen rotation works differently on windows phone 8, so for say if you go to settings and then screen rotation and if you hold your phone in landscape mode left and then turn of screen rotation , the screen will be locked in landscape left orientation.and if you hold your phone straight , the way you normally holds and then turn screen rotation of, it will be locked in portrait mode. Hope this clears out.

Sent from my iPad using WPCentral Forums mobile app

MikesChevelle

Jul 9, 2013
Visit site
Re: GDR3--> Black....here in the US, with French rom

Last edited by palandri; Yesterday at 09:28 AM. Reason: Title change

OP mislead us and then chaged his title after
Sure didnt
Title never changed, just helps to read the content of the thread before commenting

Title was changed by a mod, not myself.

manneman32

Mar 29, 2013
Visit site
Re: Nokia black update downloaded but couldn't be opened ( error : 80188309 )

Hi,

I'm a Lumia 920 owner and soon the Black update will be available for my phone too, i'm curious where can I see if I have the GDR3 preview installed into phone menu? Thanks
The update that everybody is talking about actually contains several updates. This will be clear for you when the phone alerts that the update is available. The update contains both GDR3 and Nokia Black. Nokia Black won't work without GDR3. Even for those who has the GDR3 Preview installed, the final GDR3 will be installed in the process

josipogo

Nov 20, 2011
Visit site
Umm it's not a bug , screen rotation works differently on windows phone 8, so for say if you go to settings and then screen rotation and if you hold your phone in landscape mode left and then turn of screen rotation , the screen will be locked in landscape left orientation.and if you hold your phone straight , the way you normally holds and then turn screen rotation of, it will be locked in portrait mode. Hope this clears out.

Sent from my iPad using WPCentral Forums mobile app

What you write down is clear, Screen rotation setting it have two option, I prefers to said one normal mode (auto rotate) and second where app that can be viewed in landscape mode (does not matter left or right) are always opened in landscape mode. So, by default ON state is normal mode and in this mode app are acting as they are in second mode which is by the way OFF state of feature. When I said app, I am meaning all app that it can be viewed in landscape mode.

Ezzio1

Jan 15, 2014
Visit site
Re: Lumia 920 updating now, looks like Black

Anyone who knows more about Nokia beamer? I just tried to download beamer. Doesn't work...

Sent from my RM-821_eu_euro1_349 using Tapatalk

Wilsen Hernandez

Jun 10, 2013
Visit site
I have one bug/problem since I updated to Lumia Black.

Videos played within Internet Explorer lags sometimes. Also, If I open a video and my volume level is (say so) 20/30.. but then I want to turn the volumen up, I will stay the same.
Until you close the video, set the volume up and open it again. I don't know, I just locks the volume to the level it was after I open the video and won't change until I reopen the video.

This only happens when playing videos through Internet Explorer. I had GDR3 Developer Preview since day one. It just started happening yesterday

nmilosevnm

Apr 20, 2013
Visit site
Anyone got the update with that EU dev rom which could be found when the amber update was up, and everyone was flashing their phones?
For the curious it's RM-821_eu_euro1_425, Carrier: Developer Device.

I've got it, no updates yet. :(

hfcas

Oct 30, 2012
Visit site
Nothing on developer l920 from build 2012, either.😞

Anyone got the update with that EU dev rom which could be found when the amber update was up, and everyone was flashing their phones?
For the curious it's RM-821_eu_euro1_425, Carrier: Developer Device.

I've got it, no updates yet. :(

irvin792

Mar 21, 2011
Visit site

French ROM on att update installed and now mms won't work, it worked before black update........

dznk

Sep 6, 2013
Visit site

Anyone who knows more about Nokia beamer? I just tried to download beamer. Doesn't work...

Sent from my RM-821_eu_euro1_349 using Tapatalk

I believe we're still waiting for Nokia to update this and make it available to all 1GB handsets worldwide. I wouldn't think it will be too long now until it can be downloaded from the store.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ailanamargarett