All about Lumia Black for 920: Excitement, Bugs, User Experiences

Status
Not open for further replies.

Vikram Dinesh

Nov 24, 2012
Visit site
Re: Lumia 920 updating now, looks like Black

How did u do?? U dint get any error eh??
i tried nearly 4 times but unable to finish it :-/

No I didn't get any errors at all. It went through smoothly on the first try itself. I updated my cousin's 920 also and even that got updated without any problems.

Hey, you did not face "Update was downloaded but could not be opened (80188309) " error??

Does it already had GDR 3 preview??? Or dev unlocked???

I updated 2 phones since this morning. Mine was running the developer preview and it updated without any problems. My cousin's phone also which I updated was running Amber and that also got updated without any problems.

rohit330

Jan 2, 2013
Visit site

Me and my dad had the amber+ GDR2 on 820 and 920...both the phones got successfully to lumia black

sent either from my Nokia Lumia 820 or HTC Desire HD

May be then Dependent on the region?? Are you from India?
Looks like those who had faced the issue from Italy are now able to update. Few posts from Update was downloaded but could not be opened (80188309) - Microsoft Community

May Be microsoft has started working on it region wise??

rohit330

Jan 2, 2013
Visit site

No I didn't get any errors at all. It went through smoothly on the first try itself. I updated my cousin's 920 also and even that got updated without any problems.

I updated 2 phones since this morning. Mine was running the developer preview and it updated without any problems. My cousin's phone also which I updated was running Amber and that also got updated without any problems.

Lucky you.. We have got three 920s here @ my work place. All of em returns this stupid error ;(

Hey one more question.. What time around you did the update? May be server is loaded too much later and the file got corrupted - I knw, that is weird!
We are trying since 9..

How about the new features now?

Last edited:

Vikram Dinesh

Nov 24, 2012
Visit site

Lucky you.. We have got three 920s here @ my work place. All of em returns this stupid error ;(

Hey one more question.. What time around you did the update? May be server is loaded too much later and the file got corrupted - I knw, that is weird!
We are trying since 9..

Ok something weird is going on. A friend of mine is getting the cannot be opened error on his 920. Very strange.

I updated my phone around 7:30 this morning and my cousin's phone around 12:00.

rohit330

Jan 2, 2013
Visit site

Now I am getting this error :|

wp_ss_20140114_0002_small.jpg

Update: This code is present in the known issues list - says problem with connectivity ;(

Your download/update scan was interrupted, possibly because of a slow Internet connection. Make sure that your phone has a good connection to the Internet (either by Wi-Fi or cellular

) and try again. Connect to a Wi-Fi signal

to avoid possible cellular data charges.

Then, from your Start screen, go to Settings > Phone update > Check for updates.

Ashish Saraf1

May 7, 2013
Visit site

after updating to lumia black the nokia camera app settings has chnged....i used to get max 4sec delay for shutter speed..now its only 1 sec max 

sent either from my Nokia Lumia 820 or HTC Desire HD

Promethius99

Jul 28, 2013
Visit site
re: Lumia Black is now available for Lumia 920!

Hi guys and girls, got my black update, and got email and texts notifications on my glance screen now,(I had the developer preview),however, i was under the impression that i would be able to change the colour of the night clock, and have a pedometer on the glance screen,this is not the case, anyone have any ideas why??

Ashutosh Agrawal1

Dec 24, 2013
Visit site
Nokia black update downloaded but couldn't be opened ( error : 80188309 )

HEY,
I am from India . I am trying to update my nokia lumia 920 amber to nokia black update but after the download is done and preparing installtion is done till 93 % it says update was downloaded but couldnt be opened what should i do ?
plz reply :(

Promethius99

Jul 28, 2013
Visit site

Hi,have you got all the glance screen notifications and the ability to change the colour of the night clock,i have the black update but none of these things!!! or is GDR3 separate from the black update???

Malaya Mohanty

Aug 7, 2013
Visit site
Re: Nokia black update downloaded but couldn't be opened ( error : 80188309 )

Hey try releasing some space frombir mobile like arnd 1.5 gb or so n den again try. May b a reason. Mine worked perfectly though mine is 820

dunker2390

Nov 29, 2012
Visit site

I received the Black Update along with GDR3 update this morning with my ATT 920 which has the French ROM on it. I was surprised that they released GDR3 as well since there was no announcement of it. But I do have the ability to close applications using the multitasking window and I have notifications on the glance screen.

Mohamed Ashid

Nov 10, 2013
Visit site

Many 920 users are having this error. I think nokia will fix this soon.

Malaya Mohanty

Aug 7, 2013
Visit site

Hi guys and girls, got my black update, and got email and texts notifications on my glance screen now,(I had the developer preview),however, i was under the impression that i would be able to change the colour of the night clock, and have a pedometer on the glance screen,this is not the case, anyone have any ideas why??
wats perimeter on glancescreen ? N how to get it? I m getting notifications on glance screen n also colours blu green n red

rohit330

Jan 2, 2013
Visit site

Yep..The issue was faced in many places and now seems to be like exists in Germany/India.. A thread is already running in the microsoft support site. Though it is not clear, seems to be like phones with GDR 3 preview installed does not have this issue. May be we will have to wait till 3-4 hours so that their work hours will start and someone would acknowledge. (atleast they have to show that courtesy :|)

microsoft community page

rohit330

Jan 2, 2013
Visit site

Just noted that Nokia has updated the black availability status.

1.jpg

rohit330

Jan 2, 2013
Visit site

Just noted the support site. Availabilty status has been updated. Now the latest version for 920 is 3051.40000.1349.0009 & 820 is 3051.40000.1347.1001..Badly waiting for the 80188309 resolution

PS: Country - India

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Brilliantick99