All about Lumia Black for 920: Excitement, Bugs, User Experiences

Status
Not open for further replies.

sabeer abdul khadir

Jan 14, 2014
Visit site
Re: Nokia black update downloaded but couldn't be opened ( error : 80188309 )

Finally found out the issue guys, You need to install the developer preview before installing the OAU (On Air Update), as simple as that. Don't worry I will retrace the path I have travelled for installing the update.

1. if you don't have an active Windows Phone Dev Center account; OR not running a registered developer device (‘dev unlocked’ phone), you need to create an App Studio account; and after that just create any app from the available templates.

2. Use ur BingVision to install this app
QR-Preview-for-Developers.jpg

3. Install , open and enter the details when asked by the app. Login with your microsoft account (make sure to use the same account used for creating the app studio account ). Get the developer preview and restart your phone. You can make sure you got the update by going to Settings and check whether the previously named Flight Mode now changed to Airplane Mode. (Also Mobile Network --> Cellular ).

4. Once this is available, you can update your phone.

Please let me know whether this worked for you or not. It worked for me :) All the best Folks .

FearL0rd

Jun 13, 2012
Visit site
Re: Lumia Black is now available for Lumia 920!

I have Rogers with EU Dev rom rm-821_eu_euro1_425 + GDR3... I didn't get anything yet anybody?

AbhishekS319

Jan 10, 2014
Visit site

That's not a good solution. I hope the issue is solved soon.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk

Arie Portnoy

Jan 14, 2014
Visit site

Hi
Someone posted the solution.Just tried it and Wallla. All work fine.Can't recall who came up with this.So thank you anyway.:smile:
Change the phones language to PORTUGUESE and location to Portugal .Then Go to defini??es from there go to atualiza??o telefone and let the updates download and install.There will be a slight pause after the download has completed and the files have prepared to install. Do not lose hope.! It took about 6-8 minutes it was stuck on 100% then it went on and all is ok.!Enjoy.

Vishal Kaushik

Jan 14, 2014
Visit site

Finally found out the issue guys, You need to install the developer preview before installing the OAU (On Air Update), as simple as that. Don't worry I will retrace the path I have travelled for installing the update.

1. if you don't have an active Windows Phone Dev Center account; OR not running a registered developer device (‘dev unlocked’ phone), you need to create an App Studio account; and after that just create any app from the available templates.

2. Use ur BingVision to install this app
View attachment 54444

3. Install , open and enter the details when asked by the app. Login with your microsoft account (make sure to use the same account used for creating the app studio account ). Get the developer preview and restart your phone. You can make sure you got the update by going to Settings and check whether the previously named Flight Mode now changed to Airplane Mode. (Also Mobile Network --> Cellular ).

4. Once this is available, you can update your phone.

Please let me know whether this worked for you or not. It worked for me :) All the best Folks .

While I understand this might work, any Lumia which is still under Warranty will be pushed out of Warranty if you use this.

maverick786us

Sep 17, 2012
Visit site

You cannot download it on 3g you need a wifi connection as updates require wifi. And the update might be somewhere around 250-350mb. But beware I am getting error 80188309 so if you have unlimited broadband then you might want to have a go as I have already wasted 1 gig trying several times.

Any success? I twice came across this ******* error.

Dizzymash

Oct 16, 2013
Visit site
Re: GDR3--> Black....here in the US, just got it w/French ROM

I lost my internet sharing after updating with the French ROM on AT&T. Any ideas?

Thanks

AbhishekS319

Jan 10, 2014
Visit site

Just tried to update again, the issue still persists. This is getting annoying now.

Last edited:

Zolotoy

Dec 2, 2012
Visit site

<wats perimeter on glancescreen ? N how to get it? I m getting notifications on glance screen n also colours blu green n red

Man, I need a dictionary to read your messages.

SHAnx7

Aug 29, 2013
Visit site

I'm in the same situation. Only 4 packages came in for download. I got the GDR3 features, task manager, screen rotation block, but no Black firmware update, the extras screen still says Amber. Any solutions ?

Natarajan Babu

Sep 14, 2013
Visit site

yes dont do this it'll surely get the beta version of lumia black on to your device which has been released months before
but the thing is ur manufacturer warranty will be void

derkiederk

Jan 13, 2014
Visit site

I tried a few different versions and the only one I've found with working field test mode is Finland CV

jfa1

Dec 15, 2007
Visit site

Is there an ETA for a att locked 920? Or will it take years, like amber?

Its shown on the site as waiting for approval for ATT so maybe a few weeks BTW It did not take years to get the amber update It just might have seemed that way

wustlmike19

Oct 30, 2012
Visit site
Re: GDR3--> Black....here in the US, with French rom

Got a degree in European Studies. You?

Also, got it working.

I use access point for Tmobile lte, only getting about 4 down and 3 up... Any suggestions?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss