All about Lumia Black for 920: Excitement, Bugs, User Experiences

Status
Not open for further replies.

hope4wp

Jan 16, 2014
Visit site
can someone update me with the size of the update??? :/ please I have an Australian L920 and I don't have the update and I'm a developer too :/

AndrewL920

Dec 7, 2013
Visit site
Before Amber Update, the photo was wonderful, sharp and not yellowish which makes my friend using iPhone 5 and S3 Jealous.
After Amber Update, the photo was blurred and yellowish. ruined by jpeg/photo processing.
Nokia said that they address this issue with Black Update but unfortunately, they ended the support for their beta phone guinea 920 not fixing the problem.

Since Nokia ended their support for fixing camera issues with guinea 920, how do I get back to the stock firmware? Not Amber or Black.

PS: Open Nokia Camera App, Go to settings, and turn on Photo Preview. You will see how processing ruined the photo. As I said, before Amber the photos was sharp, wonderful, and not yellowish.

Last edited:

broar94

Apr 10, 2013
Visit site
Re: Lumia 920 updating now, looks like Black

Thank you folks for the feedback. I've decided not to get Nokia 920 or 925. Can't imagine photos being ruined due to stupid post processing from Nokia itself. Lol.

AndrewL920

Dec 7, 2013
Visit site

Thank you folks for the feedback. I've decided not to get Nokia 920 or 925. Can't imagine photos being ruined due to stupid post processing from Nokia itself. Lol.

You are doing the right thing. I love my phone but this camera firmware/software problem cannot be fixed by Nokia.

Darren Walsh

May 9, 2013
Visit site

My battery is alot better now, even as I am messing with my phone a lot more because of the update, when I get home from work (07.00-18.00) I still have over 50% left

benjaminries

Apr 9, 2009
Visit site
We really should not be surprised that there's no Black update yet for the EURO_DEV firmware. In all previous major WP8 updates, the EURO_DEV version tended to lag behind the carrier-branded releases by several weeks. This probably won't be any different.

anon(7900571)

Aug 5, 2013
Visit site

even I noticed a great boost in battery life, I daily use runtastic pro for 1/2 hours with my fav playlist, I don't consider turning of Bluetooth,nfc and wifi they all are turned on 24X7(call me crazy on this but I am lazy ),don't use 3g/4g , wifi turned on even under lock screen,play casual games, checking wpcentral,forums,5 emails are synced in an interval of 30 min , reaching back home I still have 20-30 % left. Overall black update did something under the hood and I am quiet happy with it.

Dietrich Cleijne

Oct 9, 2013
Visit site
Now i have the Black update installed.
The first thing i noticed was that my battery which was fully charged right before the update, was at 47% after the update.
Is that a bad thing, or is it a good thing and did the update give some extra battery life that just needs to be charged?
Time will tell.

anon(7900571)

Aug 5, 2013
Visit site
Now i have the Black update installed.
The first thing i noticed was that my battery which was fully charged right before the update, was at 47% after the update.
Is that a bad thing, or is it a good thing and did the update give some extra battery life that just needs to be charged?
Time will tell.
Idk,it may be since updating phone needs lot of battery,Nokia also recommend connecting phone to wall.it does drain battery while the update is in progress,makes sense as new firmware,software is being downloaded and installed,migrating data,etc.

Topherious

May 22, 2013
Visit site
I have the Australian Country Variant of the 920 and I just installed and updated to "Lumia Black"; I have the developer preview of GDR3 and updated with no problems. My new firmware version is 3051.40000.1349.007. Unfortunately for the Telstra branded 920 owners, the Telstra 920 update is still showing "Waiting for approval" as well so it looks to be still in testing which matches that Telstra were estimating a February release for the 920 update in their latest updates thread from last year.

The Nokia AU support page for the 920 has been updated to include the updated firmware and features of Black / GDR3:
Nokia Lumia 920 - Software Update and Downloads - Nokia - Australia

The .Availability in Asia Pacific web page still displays Black for the 920 as "Coming Soon":
Availability in Asia Pacific - Nokia

The one strange thing I have noticed is that in my Settings > About screen on my 920 the Hardware revision number has changed from 1.0.0.0 to 6.5.0.2. Everything else seems to be working well so far although I only updated 10 minutes ago so I'll see how it goes over the next day or so.

Last edited:

Anbztht

Jul 11, 2013
Visit site
got mine last monday (spain country variant) so far so good no problems and it seems the battery life is better now, but i dont have the beamer app... u.u

maverick786us

Sep 17, 2012
Visit site
When I updated mine to Lumia black. I charged it full. But next morning I was shocked when Insider showed only 41%. The surprising part, it remained 41% for 6 hours after heavy usage. I was surprised. I restarted my device and saw insider showing 74% :winktongue:

Dietrich Cleijne

Oct 9, 2013
Visit site
I haven't got any issues with the camera on my L920 whether it was out of the box, or the amber or now with the black update.
The only problem with the pictures that i got was that my gel casing was reflecting the flash, which created a yellowish haze on my pictures.
So if i want to make pictures that require flash i take the casing of.

Trent HartNick

Jan 11, 2013
Visit site
I also got the error message (80188309) ..
restarted phone..
tried updating again... also i made sure my screen did not time out..

Update done.. Now i have Lumia black..
what i noticed is..
the Temp files is now stuck 104MB.. which doesnt get cleared..

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tallgeeselll05