All about Lumia Black for 920: Excitement, Bugs, User Experiences

Status
Not open for further replies.

AndrewL920

Dec 7, 2013
Visit site
This is my experience on Black Update. Battey improved, to be able to close the app in Multi-tasking is convenient, auto rotation off is ok, temp files are now lessen. Unfortunately, the camera issues are still there

Promethius99

Jul 28, 2013
Visit site
Re: Lumia Black is now available for Lumia 920!

I was under the impression that the black update would give me the option to change the night clock colour, and have a pedometer,(step counter) on my glance screen, but no,why???

sunil kumar11

Aug 27, 2013
Visit site
Hi All,

I updated my NL920 to Lumia Black, it went fine with out any errors.

if am not wrong with Lumia lack update we can set our own ringtone, but this feature is not working in my device.

i went to settings-->ringtones+sounds-->Selected Ringtone-->am able to see default tones, how do set my own ringtone,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,? (i know using ringtone maker we can do)

Also let me know is battery performance improves with Lumia Black update,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,?

Regards
Sunil

chandra mohan

Mar 30, 2013
Visit site
This ppl are not improving much better, all errors , in fact I loved only the camera performance, strength of the body , except this os is not all improving faster and rolling updates all also takes in a partial not releasing at one shot , MS r 3rd party I don't noe exactly took 6-7 month to improve Wt's app , that to not perfect some time tat software crashes for name sake they are release updates bt not felt much changes, I herds about 8.1 .. Paka I noe they ll release after some 8 months , till tat v should be waiting lik any think...haaaa every one ll be telling 8.1 ll be major update bt it ll be minor updates if they do exactly lik 8.1 concept which I saw the video I'll be very happy Bt I noe they can't... Plz do something ! Further I don't noe wt to tlk.. Sry for my bad English.& sry if I'm wrong any were......

Joene90

Sep 15, 2011
Visit site
I have text notifications email,no pedometer as promised or the ability to change the night clock colour :unhappy:

If you go to Settings -> Glance screen you should be able to change Night Mode from Off to Red, Green or Blue. You can also set the times for the night glance. Pedometer will not work on L920.
Hi All,

I updated my NL920 to Lumia Black, it went fine with out any errors.

if am not wrong with Lumia lack update we can set our own ringtone, but this feature is not working in my device.

i went to settings-->ringtones+sounds-->Selected Ringtone-->am able to see default tones, how do set my own ringtone,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,? (i know using ringtone maker we can do)

Also let me know is battery performance improves with Lumia Black update,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,?

Regards
Sunil
You can use ringtone maker to select a song on your phone and make that into a ringtone. You should be able to select those in the menu you described. You can also use the sync software with your computer to sync ringtones (not 100% sure on the process there)

hope4wp

Jan 16, 2014
Visit site
I have found quite a few bugs...
1) WhatsApp
- I can't increase or decrease the volume of WhatsApp videos (maybe WhatsApp requires an update and I did restart my phone just to ensure that it's not a problem but with no luck :/ )
- auto closes
2) yellowish tint and blurry images :/
This is how it took the picture
wp_ss_20140118_0003.jpg

and this is how it saved it
wp_ss_20140118_0004.jpg
does anyone else have these problems???

jey979

May 29, 2013
Visit site
Re: Lumia 920 updating now, looks like Black

while watching a video r listening to music not able to increase r decrease the volume have came across this twice oly after a reboot it gets to normal!! Irritating..!!! :-/ :-/

dznk

Sep 6, 2013
Visit site
I have found quite a few bugs...
1) WhatsApp
- I can't increase or decrease the volume of WhatsApp videos (maybe WhatsApp requires an update and I did restart my phone just to ensure that it's not a problem but with no luck :/ )
- auto closes
2) yellowish tint and blurry images :/

does anyone else have these problems???

I don't personally use WhatsApp so I can't help on that one. The Yellowish tint though has been known for a little while. Have a look at this thread which discusses it. It first appeared in the Amber update and it seems the tint still remains in the Black update.

hope4wp

Jan 16, 2014
Visit site
while watching a video r listening to music not able to increase r decrease the volume have came across this twice oly after a reboot it gets to normal!! Irritating..!!! :-/ :-/

I don't personally use WhatsApp so I can't help on that one. The Yellowish tint though has been known for a little while. Have a look at this thread which discusses it. It first appeared in the Amber update and it seems the tint still remains in the Black update.

actually once I open WhatsApp videos....it so happens that I can't change the volume of my music player too :mad:

Joene90

Sep 15, 2011
Visit site
actually once I open WhatsApp videos....it so happens that I can't change the volume of my music player too :mad:
Probably an issue with Whatsapp, wait for an update from them

it doesn't let us set our own ringtone....it lets us set different ringtones for each contact :/
Have you used ringtone maker or the desktop sync app to create ringtones? You can't pick songs from your music to be your ringtones, you have to assign them as ringtones and then you'll be able to use them as such.

hope4wp

Jan 16, 2014
Visit site
I answered to his comment....the new black update doesn't let us set our music files as ringtones it just lets us assign ringtones to contacts....until and unless we connect our phone to a laptop/pc and move the music files to the ringtones folder...or use the ringtone maker app :) like you said :D

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
killshot4077