All about Lumia Black for 920: Excitement, Bugs, User Experiences

Status
Not open for further replies.

hope4wp

Jan 16, 2014
Visit site
I just bought a new Nokia Lumia 920, international model. Love the OS and the flow of the phone but it has big issues reading the sim card (i changed 3 at my mobile operator) sometimes it regognise the sim card but soon after i get the the no sim error, and there is also a 1cm( or so) dark stain in the camera and it can be seen on all photos, I updated to black update and rom flash and all what i found on forums and internet but nothing helps...

View attachment 54790
View attachment 54789

regarding "smudges" on photos. I had a speck of dust between the chasis and the camera lens - cracked the phone open, blew it out, problem solved ;)

Should've given him a link on how to take apart the L920
How to take the Nokia Lumia 920 apart - for the DIY crowd | Windows Phone Central

Naren Parker

Aug 14, 2013
Visit site
yes, but only if you have the "proof of purchase" receipt - trust me, I bought my Nokia Lumia 920 from someone that got it from UK EE without the receipt and now I have the "No Signal" issur 99% of the time and I am talking with Nokia Care, Nokia, EE on twitter and all they are saying is that I can send my phone to Nokia Care here in Romania (only one of them in Bucharest, but I think they close it recently) but only if I have the receipt, which I don't, so it's useless without it. Maybe a local service shop will take it, but what I have here in my city, they think that if they can open a telephone using some tools, they can fix it no matter what, but they don't know anything about Nokia, or I didn't found anyone.

Oh. That's bad. Here in India, at least from my experience, all they need is your IMEI number with which they can determine if the product is under warranty or is the IMEI bad etc. I had taken my 920 to a Nokia Care to complain about excessive heating and battery drain and once along with a broken display. I said I didn't carry my proof of purchase. They verified my IMEI and said they would do the service. I had to pay for the screen though. Yeah its hard to entrust such a complex device to local repair shops. They will have scant appreciation for the technology inside. Although, sometimes I believe even the local Nokia Care doesn't understand it well though. :)

dznk

Sep 6, 2013
Visit site
Here's a quick rundown on the following 920 phones from Asia Pacific and Europe, which have just been made available to receive the Black Update within the last few hours (according to Nokia's site).
(CV means Country Variant for those new to this, which are not tied to a certain carrier).

Asia Pacific 920's:
Malaysia CV
Singapore CV
Singapore SingTel
Singapore Starhub
Taiwan CV
Thailand CV

Europe 920's:
Croatia VipNet
Kazakhstan CV
Norway CV
Russia CV
Ukraine CV

Devamps

Mar 7, 2013
Visit site
Re: Lumia 920 updating now, looks like Black

Any news about Black update on brazil? =/
I live in Brazil, but I use UK firmware, not affiliated with any carrier.

gqan.jpg
6edk.jpg

Lumia Black is working fine here, I had no problems.

jsalok

Jan 22, 2014
Visit site

What about BT 4.0? Anyone got it to work?
Does not seem to work on mine...

-jsalok

Localhorst86

Jun 8, 2012
Visit site

Germany T-Mobile confirmed Black update

Sent from my Lumia 920 using Tapatalk

Attachments

• wp_ss_20140122_0002.png
    wp_ss_20140122_0002.png
    202.9 KB · Views: 7

sayyas

Sep 21, 2013
Visit site
for 7 days i was trying to install the black update and having the same problem .. today i used my hotspot vpn and the Connectify-me wifi wireless ...Boooooooom the update completed to the 100% ..and now i have the lumia black update ... this is my experrience

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hetb