All about Lumia Black for 920: Excitement, Bugs, User Experiences

Status
Not open for further replies.

raycpl

Apr 6, 2013
Visit site
Re: Lumia 920 updating now, looks like Black

3rd day with black.... Its faster!!! LOL. Really like the X, to stop the apps that's slow to stop.....

hope4wp

Jan 16, 2014
Visit site
Re: Lumia 920 updating now, looks like Black

Hmmm not in htc 8x which has gdr3 :/ maybe i got confused as i have recently switched

Sent from my RM-821_apac_australia_new_zealand_304 using Tapatalk

anon(7900571)

Aug 5, 2013
Visit site
did anyone notice one can now bypass the lock screen when launching nokia camera after the black update ? earlier I have to type In my passcode to enter the camera mode , but now with black its easier and much quicker to capture images.

Localhorst86

Jun 8, 2012
Visit site
did anyone notice one can now bypass the lock screen when launching nokia camera after the black update ? earlier I have to type In my passcode to enter the camera mode , but now with black its easier and much quicker to capture images.

Yes. I knew that even before I updated to Black. It was mentioned in a wpcentral newspost and it was one of the features I was looking forward to.

Here are my favorite features from GDR3/Black:

1 Glance screen notifications
2. Use Nokia Camera without entering pin code
3. "data traffic" arrows on the WiFi and cellular icons
4. Custom tones for emails and messages
5. Possibility for developers to use custom toast notification sounds
6. Nokia Beamer app
7. BT 4LE. Hopefully fitbit will support the lumias soon.
8. Being able to close apps with the x in the upper right corner.

Sent from my Lumia 920 using Tapatalk

Naren Parker

Aug 14, 2013
Visit site
Been noticing a few problems of late.

1. Apps are not updating properly. They download and roll back when the installation is about to end, giving an 'Attention Required' error. I have tried re-syncing my MS account, soft reset etc. This is becoming a problem as the apps whose updates fail, become non-functional and greyed out with no option to remove them.
2. Suddenly, my Nokia account has stopped working. I always get a 'Network Problem' error when I try to sign in. I am pretty sure my network connections are fine as other internet related stuff is working as it should. Don't know what's causing this. I am able to sign in to accounts.nokia.com pretty well.

Naren Parker

Aug 14, 2013
Visit site
never have this issues you told naren. try to do hard rest(backup your important data ; images, videos,music , contacts) good luck :)

I'll see if I can sort this out by doing some more research. Surely there must be something. Hard reset will take a lot of time to finish. I already put in late hours and weekends at work so sparing time for this is kinda luxury which is why I am trying to see if there can be a solution. This happened only after the Black update. Amber was perfect. Even the keyboard changing option wasn't of much use.

squire777

Feb 21, 2012
Visit site
Did those people who had previously received GDR3 through the app studio program have any difficulty installing Black on their phone?

nileshdd

Oct 31, 2012
Visit site
I received the 8.0.10517.150 update today after having the received the Black update more than a week ago. I already have all the features since then. As far as I know, this is still the black update. Anybody knows whats new in 8.0.10517.150?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ChadDaniel