All about Lumia Black for 920: Excitement, Bugs, User Experiences

Status
Not open for further replies.

gedzum

Jan 31, 2012
Visit site
I think it's a decent update. I'm disappointed the rotation lock is strict in that it locks picture orientation as well. Would be nice if you could have orientation lock else where with the exception of photos. Also I don't really like the transition of hitting the "X" in multitasking and it returning to the home screen. Seems a bit abrupt and I feel they could have added a better transition like when you open/close apps.

anon(7900571)

Aug 5, 2013
Visit site
I think it's a decent update. I'm disappointed the rotation lock is strict in that it locks picture orientation as well. Would be nice if you could have orientation lock else where with the exception of photos. Also I don't really like the transition of hitting the "X" in multitasking and it returning to the home screen. Seems a bit abrupt and I feel they could have added a better transition like when you open/close apps.
exactly ! they could have implemented the same gesture found on windows 8 , hold the app and swipe down to close it, maybe 8.1 will bring this :) I have high expectations from next update ;)

HaibaneReki

Nov 30, 2012
Visit site
recently checked how's Jolla doing and I really liked their gesture oriented UI. A lot :) If only Nokia stuck with meego, oh well, lucky me, I wouldn't probably get into WindowsPhone :)

anon(7900571)

Aug 5, 2013
Visit site
recently checked how's Jolla doing and I really liked their gesture oriented UI. A lot :) If only Nokia stuck with meego, oh well, lucky me, I wouldn't probably get into WindowsPhone :)

true but if a platform have too many gestures eg blackberry os 10 which is damn confusing , swipe here, there ; up , down , all topsy turvy hehe

AndreStudart

Apr 29, 2013
Visit site
Well, I bought a lumia 920 around 8 months ago, and it came it screen flickering, So i decided to wait it another problem would appear so I could resolve all of them..

in this month, my phone felt so much that the flash started to fail (I needed to press the cover for in order to make it work), So I took to nokia care, they changed the display + touch, and the housing, which is now white..

Screen flickering disappeared, but now it has the glance bug, vertical lines going out the clock, there are many threads like this one..

So they told me the would send it to Sao Paulo (nokia center), and I would receive a new one............................... in 17 days (not counting weekends)...

I liked the support, but still, nokia has a quality control problem, my mom's 920 doesn't have even one month and the display is showing one vertical line.. I mean, nokia is known for not having issues, isn't it?..

Well, still love my 920 and really looking forward for the new one..

I REALLLY hope this new 920 does come good enough, without problems and all..

corybucher86

Dec 20, 2013
Visit site
Re: Lumia 920 updating now, looks like Black

Stupid question for the masses but how would I go about installing the French rom on my att 920? Please don't taz me bro if this had already been answered somewhere. I'm at work and don't have a chance to research, thanks

Sent from my RM-820_nam_att_100 using Tapatalk

dznk

Sep 6, 2013
Visit site
Re: Lumia 920 updating now, looks like Black

Is camera have bug in black update? (yellow hue, lost sharpness, ...)?

Sent from Nokia Lumia 920 using Tapatalk

The Amber update (the one before Black) seemed to introduce this a bit. There was a thread on it here. In some conditions it is more noticeable than others. I still think overall, the 920 takes great pics though.

jes1888

Mar 8, 2011
Visit site
Re: GDR3--> Black....here in the US, with French rom

Mine has been updating since 6pm in the spinning cogs crap, i think my phone is bricked, in my family there are 4 920's and only mine have had this problem, on all others, the update was installed in around 10-15 mins. At this time of the night, i havent been so lucky, is there a way to get it working again without losing data?

HaibaneReki

Nov 30, 2012
Visit site

Mine has been updating since 6pm in the spinning cogs crap, i think my phone is bricked, in my family there are 4 920's and only mine have had this problem, on all others, the update was installed in around 10-15 mins. At this time of the night, i havent been so lucky, is there a way to get it working again without losing data?

I had mine stuck for 5 hours when applying Amber, a lot of button kung-fu resolved it (an hour after I gave up) - there's more then soft and hard reset - look online.

robertre

Nov 13, 2012
Visit site

After my black update, I finally have my live tiles updating after having them not working for almost a year. All the tips I found never worked. After the black update, I did the tips (blocked all background apps, deleted ie history, shut down and rebooted phone, and restarted the apps I wanted to run in the background), and I have working live tiles again! I do not know if I really needed to co those steps or if the black update by itself fixed the issue, but I am sure glad it is fixed.

jes1888

Mar 8, 2011
Visit site

I had mine stuck for 5 hours when applying Amber, a lot of button kung-fu resolved it (an hour after I gave up) - there's more then soft and hard reset - look online.

hmm I wonder what you mean... Without losing your data?? I did tried to soft reset the phone and nothing, it still takes me to the freaking cogs, I'll let it sit there doing its things for a while more if it doesn't works I'll try what's said in the sticky, but if I could be able to save the data on it would be better. Do you know how many wasted time is in those bunch of games and apps.??????

HaibaneReki

Nov 30, 2012
Visit site

hmm I wonder what you mean... Without losing your data?? I did tried to soft reset the phone and nothing, it still takes me to the freaking cogs, I'll let it sit there doing its things for a while more if it doesn't works I'll try what's said in the sticky, but if I could be able to save the data on it would be better. Do you know how many wasted time is in those bunch of games and apps.??????

no need for the "ques-clamation" marks :) yeah, I was resetting my phone anyway so lost game saves, yes. All AngryBirds completed, both Cut the Ropes, DoodleGod etc etc. In the end, the world's not spinning around Your xBox achievements..

flapadlr

Aug 15, 2012
Visit site
It seems that until you see the Welcome to Lumia Black toast, the install is not done. I saw many of the new features after my installation last night on ATT, but not the additional notifications on Glance and I lost my mail counts on the mail tiles. I performed a two finger salute (volume down and power concurrently until it powers off, about 10 seconds) and when it rebooted I got the Toast. Mine ran overnight in the partial state.

My daughter has a 920 as well and hers did not have this little hitch. They were both at Amber at GDR2.

The more you know...

anon(7900571)

Aug 5, 2013
Visit site
so I found a new thing on my Lumia 920 with black update , if we have a passcode set on our phone , if I mistype the password 5 times , it greets with a nice fade animation (black screen ) which tells us that we can not use our phone for 1 minute (you can make emergency call) but will have to wait for 1 minute to unlock the device , if again I try the same , the time increased by 2 min and so on.. I didn't noticed this feature on gdr2/amber.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DrPendragon