All about Lumia Black for 920: Excitement, Bugs, User Experiences

Status
Not open for further replies.

hayzl313

Sep 28, 2011
Visit site
Updated to Lumia Black on AT&T for my 920 yesterday and all of my Live Tiles that stopped working pre-update are now running smoothly! i no longer have to open the app to refresh tile. So far only positives to report :smile:

James8561

Dec 3, 2012
Visit site
I never got the "welcome to lumia black" toast but my phone is working fine. all features functional.
not sure if I should do soft reset.

robertre

Nov 13, 2012
Visit site
Updated to Lumia Black on AT&T for my 920 yesterday and all of my Live Tiles that stopped working pre-update are now running smoothly! i no longer have to open the app to refresh tile. So far only positives to report :smile:
Glad to see it is not just me. My live tiles were not fixed with the last 2 updates, and every time there is an update, I keep my fingers crossed that it fixes them. This time it did, and they have been working perfect ever since.

Paperweight920

Feb 1, 2014
Visit site
Want my user experience? Here's my crappy user experience.

Nokia Black rendered my phone completely useless. Any attempts at accessing apps leads me to a loading page, which works to get your hopes up, only to be redirected to the home screen. The phone no longer shuts off, hanging at either the "goodbye" screen or the swiped down lock screen. Forget about doing anything but staring at those useless live tiles (that never really updated correctly in the first place). Soft resets don't change anything. Factory resets don't fix the problem either.

At this point, I've transferred my SIM into a phone that works (ironically, a much, much older Nokia). Considering my options, which frankly, probably won't be including Windows Phone or Nokia.

lorenzattractor

Dec 14, 2011
Visit site
Re: Lumia 920 updating now, looks like Black

Is camera have bug in black update? (yellow hue, lost sharpness, ...)?

Sent from Nokia Lumia 920 using Tapatalk

With great amounts of light the pictures look fantastic, other than that, pictures still have the yellow tint and tend to get blurry. Honestly, the camera has turned almost completely useless.

tipu2185

Oct 30, 2012
Visit site

I just wanted to share that Lumia black update is up for Country Pakistan users

Sent from my RM-821_im_mea3_502 using Tapatalk

tipu2185

Oct 30, 2012
Visit site

So far everything seems fine. No issues faced as reported above.

Sent from my RM-821 Lumia 920 Tapatalk

dznk

Sep 6, 2013
Visit site
I never got the "welcome to lumia black" toast but my phone is working fine. all features functional.
not sure if I should do soft reset.

I wouldn't worry about this toast notification. On my Mums phone, after the phone had restarted for the last time, when she was typing in the Pin, it came up at the top. It just takes you to Nokia's Lumia Black update page on their website. However, with my phone, I thought the update had completed, was half way typing in my pin and the toast came up for a fraction of a second and then the phone rebooted by itself. Update went in fine, but I was unable to tap on the toast (not that you need to though), as it had appeared for a split second, before it's last reboot in the update process. It seems a bit random when the toast appears.

nycny

Nov 27, 2009
Visit site

So far I like it. The pain points resolved for me so far is screen brightness on low, which was unreadable. Speed is somewhat improved, Intent Explorer seems to load pages faster.
I still have concerns about WiFi speed, though that could be due to the cable modem router I'm using.
I like Glance.
We will see as I explore further.

ThinkFast81

Jan 2, 2014
Visit site

The internet sharing sometimes it won't work for some devices since the black update, hope to be fix soon

Paperweight920

Feb 1, 2014
Visit site
I flashed my phone from AT&T stock yesterday after Nokia Black bricked it. It is currently operating on the unbranded French ROM.

Another user whose phone was also rendered unusable by Nokia Black took their phone to the Microsoft Store, where they attempted to re-install stock OS and cure the problem. When they were unsuccessful, they replaced the phone.

The nearest Microsoft store is an hour away from me. My question is, should I go over and see if they can help me out, or will I be turned down for flashing my phone? Does anyone have experience with this?

axaxel

Feb 3, 2014
Visit site
hi. so i updated my 920 the other night and now im having a problem trying to use the camera either regularly or if another app tries to use it . all it does is close and go back to the main screen ive tried a soft rest and that didnt work.

dznk

Sep 6, 2013
Visit site
hi. so i updated my 920 the other night and now im having a problem trying to use the camera either regularly or if another app tries to use it . all it does is close and go back to the main screen ive tried a soft rest and that didnt work.

Try resetting the camera to see if it solves the problem. To do this, go into Settings, then swipe across to applications. Scroll down and tap on 'photos+camera'. At the bottom you'll see 'reset camera'. Tap this to reset your camera settings.

mase123987

Mar 1, 2012
Visit site
My 920 doesn't seem quite as responsive to double tapping to wake the phone since the Black update. Am I the only one experiencing this?

anon(7900571)

Aug 5, 2013
Visit site
My 920 doesn't seem quite as responsive to double tapping to wake the phone since the Black update. Am I the only one experiencing this?

I am too having this issue. The glance is set to peek but it randomly turns on itself at night. And while charging it does not show up even its set to always show while charging. When I hover my hand it does not come. Chances are very few , same with double tap sometimes it work when glance screen is displayed.

Sent from my iPad using WPCentral Forums mobile app

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Brilliantick99