All about Lumia Black for 920: Excitement, Bugs, User Experiences

Status
Not open for further replies.

mase123987

Mar 1, 2012
Visit site
I am too having this issue. The glance is set to peek but it randomly turns on itself at night. And while charging it does not show up even its set to always show while charging. When I hover my hand it does not come. Chances are very few , same with double tap sometimes it work when glance screen is displayed.

Sent from my iPad using WPCentral Forums mobile app

It would be a shame because I always wake it with double tap now-a-days...

Gaurav Paul

Jul 4, 2013
Visit site
I too have this issue. I also noticed the Glance screen glitch. The screen will flicker randomly. And it only happens sometimes. The DTTW taps take time to register. And the device would only wake up after a few seconds.

anon(7900571)

Aug 5, 2013
Visit site
It would be a shame because I always wake it with double tap now-a-days...

hoping will get a glance and touch update soon from nokia,i tried to clean the proximity sensor , another weird issue is when I am making a call , the proximity sensor accts oddly , screen flashes many times, I don't want to flash/reset my phone (I can not download 14 GB data again ) , tried soft reset , still the same :\

taymur

Aug 22, 2012
Visit site
I am really thinking of hard resetting my lumia, it doesn't feel ok after black. although I have all my apps running in the background, most of them are fetching information all the time, but the battery is stable, which is my most important part of a smartphone.

jay5353

Dec 23, 2013
Visit site
hi frnds can anyone clarify my dought.when i was using gdr 2 and lumia amber software once in a day windows store was automatically checking for app updates around 11:30am to 12:00pm.after i updated to lumia black its not checking automatically for app updates.can anyone tell me abt it.nokia lumia 920 india..

axaxel

Feb 3, 2014
Visit site
Try resetting the camera to see if it solves the problem. To do this, go into Settings, then swipe across to applications. Scroll down and tap on 'photos+camera'. At the bottom you'll see 'reset camera'. Tap this to reset your camera settings.
yeah i did that multiple times and the problem still persists

TK2011

Nov 21, 2012
Visit site
Want my user experience? Here's my crappy user experience.

Nokia Black rendered my phone completely useless. Any attempts at accessing apps leads me to a loading page, which works to get your hopes up, only to be redirected to the home screen. The phone no longer shuts off, hanging at either the "goodbye" screen or the swiped down lock screen. Forget about doing anything but staring at those useless live tiles (that never really updated correctly in the first place). Soft resets don't change anything. Factory resets don't fix the problem either.

At this point, I've transferred my SIM into a phone that works (ironically, a much, much older Nokia). Considering my options, which frankly, probably won't be including Windows Phone or Nokia.

I have the exact same problem on my AT&T L920. Is there anyone with a solution for this? I also tried the new Nokia Recovery Tool but it didn't help either. :(

RoboLoftie

Jul 2, 2013
Visit site
Had my 920 for about a week, seeing signs of dust in the FFC. I'd have thought the newer 920s would have had this issue sorted, apparently not :(

Stockboy8595

Feb 1, 2014
Visit site
Re: Lumia 920 updating now, looks like Black

Black has rendered my Lumia 920 completely useless. After showing loading reverts back to home screen. On the bright side this is the best battery life I've had with this phone even though I haven't been able to turn it off and haven't been able to charge it in 8 days. Called Nokia they didn't know what I was talking about. Soft reset. Hard reset. Tried fix for bricked. No dice.

shreadow

Oct 30, 2012
Visit site
Actually the Black update improved my lumia 920 battery life significantly
especially standby time
white balance in photos is better
less yellowish

nikovel

Feb 14, 2014
Visit site
After Black update all HERE apps do not start - shut down on welcome screen. Nothing helps, including hard reset. After reinstall of Here Drive+ it starts but but writes that Maps library is currently unavailable and shuts down.

raycpl

Apr 6, 2013
Visit site

Have no issues after Black. Battery life is better. My phone is usually on 2G, then switching to 3G/LTE/wifi when available. One thing about store, mine never seems to tell me about updates. After black, the store notification now appears. But still wont if I keep it on 2G...

Marc Kean

Feb 14, 2014
Visit site

I have had a problem with the Nokia Lumia Black update. I had a Lumia 920 phone in which I installed the Nokia Lumia black update, as well as:

• Microsoft Update 8.0.10501.127
  • Microsoft Update 8.0.10492.116
  • Microsoft Update 8.0.10517.150
  • Microsoft Update 8.0.10512.142
After installing the update using my WiFi connection at home, I left my house and then my phone became possessed and managed to download my entire monthly 5GB of cellular data allowance in one day. It didn't stop there, it kept going past the 5GB mark and downloaded more and more data in multiple 127MB blocks. My service provider didn't admit blame as it was a Nokia and Microsoft update that caused it. Prior to the update I would only use on average 100MB of data per day.

I think this is an odd one as my service provider knew nothing about it, they hadn't heard anything about it. I also asked several people I know that own Nokia Lumia phones and they all said that they didn't experience the problem of the massive downloads of data after installing the Nokia Lumia Black update.

I have since upgraded to a brand new Nokia Lumia 1020 phone and don't use the Lumia 920 anymore.

fahad kazi

Apr 11, 2013
Visit site

I have had a problem with the Nokia Lumia Black update. I had a Lumia 920 phone in which I installed the Nokia Lumia black update, as well as:

• Microsoft Update 8.0.10501.127
  • Microsoft Update 8.0.10492.116
  • Microsoft Update 8.0.10517.150
  • Microsoft Update 8.0.10512.142
After installing the update using my WiFi connection at home, I left my house and then my phone became possessed and managed to download my entire monthly 5GB of cellular data allowance in one day. It didn't stop there, it kept going past the 5GB mark and downloaded more and more data in multiple 127MB blocks. My service provider didn't admit blame as it was a Nokia and Microsoft update that caused it. Prior to the update I would only use on average 100MB of data per day.

I think this is an odd one as my service provider knew nothing about it, they hadn't heard anything about it. I also asked several people I know that own Nokia Lumia phones and they all said that they didn't experience the problem of the massive downloads of data after installing the Nokia Lumia Black update.

I have since upgraded to a brand new Nokia Lumia 1020 phone and don't use the Lumia 920 anymore.
Have you check the data sense?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DrPendragon