All about Lumia Black for 920: Excitement, Bugs, User Experiences

Status
Not open for further replies.

Juan Pablo Ursic

Aug 16, 2013
Visit site
I have a Argentina L920 and i updated it to Indian Lumia Black, i was in Amber, and now i get some WiFi freezes, it's connected but it's not working, my LG Optimus G is working, my 3DS but not the 920, phone is connected alwasy, just like other devices, but when the others show connection, 920 doesn't it says it is but i can't download anything or browse, or whatever that needs internet.

What other country variant you guys recommend?

Marc Kean

Feb 14, 2014
Visit site
Re: Lumia 920 updating now, looks like Black

I didn't have Data Sense on the Lumia 920, think the provider blocked it. However I now have it on my new 1020.

pankaj981

Jul 10, 2012
Visit site
I have a Argentina L920 and i updated it to Indian Lumia Black, i was in Amber, and now i get some WiFi freezes, it's connected but it's not working, my LG Optimus G is working, my 3DS but not the 920, phone is connected alwasy, just like other devices, but when the others show connection, 920 doesn't it says it is but i can't download anything or browse, or whatever that needs internet.

What other country variant you guys recommend?

You should not have flashed the Indian ROM, the Indian phones lack LTE and might have crippled your radios (the AR 920 supports LTE). Try flashing to the ATT Dev ROM or the EURO Dev ROM if it works

TURNERO

May 20, 2013
Visit site
I flashed my phone from AT&T stock yesterday after Nokia Black bricked it. It is currently operating on the unbranded French ROM.

Another user whose phone was also rendered unusable by Nokia Black took their phone to the Microsoft Store, where they attempted to re-install stock OS and cure the problem. When they were unsuccessful, they replaced the phone.

The nearest Microsoft store is an hour away from me. My question is, should I go over and see if they can help me out, or will I be turned down for flashing my phone? Does anyone have experience with this?

Did you have any luck in solving this? I've run into the same problem. Did the French ROM solve it? I can live with that.

RaRa85

Nov 2, 2011
Visit site
I wish Nokia would just stop the post processing process altogether for the Nokia Camera app. Here are some samples I took after the Black update. You can see a slight loss of sharpness, clarity, and the green tint in all of the pictures. The earlier picture are the ones with the post processing and the latter are the ones saved before the processing. Wouldn't it be easier for them to just stop the process anyway?
New uploads 2014 019.jpg
New uploads 2014 030.jpg
New uploads 2014 035.jpg
New uploads 2014 046.jpgNew uploads 2014 038.jpg

danperryy

Feb 20, 2014
Visit site

USA - Verizon - got black yesterday. Seemed to have quite a few dropped calls, more than before it seems.

Juan Pablo Ursic

Aug 16, 2013
Visit site
You should not have flashed the Indian ROM, the Indian phones lack LTE and might have crippled your radios (the AR 920 supports LTE). Try flashing to the ATT Dev ROM or the EURO Dev ROM if it works

Indian is what i had when Amber was released and it was working fine, also, i don't care about LTE, we don't have LTE here. i don't wanna flash any dev ROM's, wanna flash some officially released Lumia Black ROM.

pankaj981

Jul 10, 2012
Visit site
Indian is what i had when Amber was released and it was working fine, also, i don't care about LTE, we don't have LTE here. i don't wanna flash any dev ROM's, wanna flash some officially released Lumia Black ROM.

Then flash the ATT stock ROM. Even if you don't care about LTE, flashing a ROM not meant for your radio will cripple your device.

ortizang

Jan 28, 2014
Visit site

Lumia black made my phone wonderful, every thing is perfect, camera, battery, etc. I love it.

ipeefreeli

Dec 11, 2012
Visit site
After updating to Lumia Black, my Wifi isn't working properly. It will say it's connected and it will work for a few hours then stop working until I toggle it off and one again.

Jakob Deleuran

Oct 29, 2013
Visit site
I update mine for a Looongtime ago, the update process went smooth with No problems! And there is No problems at all! The Black update just made it an even more plesent experience to use my 920! But sometimes it reboots, it is strange. International, Denmark :)

lordbebech

Aug 7, 2013
Visit site
I was really glad after Update to BLack especially from improved White Ballance in Photos and Nokia Beamer once saved my ***, when i haven't any option to get file of my presentation from Internet (couldn't send It by e mail, but i had It on my phone storage memory) to show my doctor :) But... Have ANYONE been getting Bug with Music? It is not this well known problem with volume control, but It appears when next songs starts but with dramatic quality: sound is lower and almost without bass tones and with noises....it can be immediately fixed by pressing 'next' and then two mal 'back' buttons (switch to next track then go back to previous one) and then the same song sounds absolutely perfect, no issues...ita really annoying :| audio update hasn't fixed anything.

Last edited:

Juan Pablo Ursic

Aug 16, 2013
Visit site
Which country variant firmware of Lumia Black are you guys using? I have Indian Lumia Black but i'm getting a lot of problems within a couple of months since i updated.

WhatsApps is almost always showing no stuff excepto for bottom bar, phone sometimes gets unusable, i touch the tiles but nothing happens although i can swipe up or down and see my list of apps, i got a couple of randome reboots and one no battery and then shutdown when battery was like 90%, it's really bothering me.

Mar 22, 2014
Visit site

... Plz help me, when i updated my phone and went in extras+info i saw that it is updated to Lumia Black. ok now here is the problem. Next to "Lumia Black" there is a something like " i " sing, and i guess its some error or something, of some 1 can help me answer me :(

lsmachado

Apr 30, 2012
Visit site

... Plz help me, when i updated my phone and went in extras+info i saw that it is updated to Lumia Black. ok now here is the problem. Next to "Lumia Black" there is a something like " i " sing, and i guess its some error or something, of some 1 can help me answer me :(

I have it, too on my 1520. It's "information". Tap it and it takes you to the Nokia page, which has details about Black.

jp2code

Sep 4, 2014
Visit site
I can't seem to figure out how to take a screenshot on this phone. One of the threads on here say to put the UP volume button while pressing the POWER button, but my phone goes into Standby Mode when I do that.

jp2code

Sep 4, 2014
Visit site
I can't seem to figure out how to take a screenshot on this phone. One of the threads on here say to put the UP volume button while pressing the POWER button, but my phone goes into Standby Mode when I do that.

Oh, and I'd also like to find a way to email certain text conversations to myself for safe keeping.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss