Lumia 928 not receiving app update notifications

CrockettGTO

Dec 12, 2013
Visit site
I haven't received one notification in 3 months that any of my apps have updates available. I've searched this forum and google and have tried a number of suggested fixes. Reset phone, full restore, backdating the time. I know there are updates as I have found them after seeing featured stories on WPC and checking the specific app
(latest example is Asphalt 8).
Looking for any advice or anyone else who is having this issue to share their insight.

Usama Jawad96

Jan 9, 2014
Visit site
Yeah,the store is slow,use sysapp pusher,add your apps to the list and check them for update anytime with the click of a button.or you can try update checker,that gives a list of apps updated in the last 48 hours. Hope this helps. :)

crossfire81

Jul 14, 2013
Visit site
I had the same problem. Calling Verizon did not help. What worked for me was to manually change the date to 8/1/11, turn off phone, turn phone back on, change to correct date and time. In about 5 minutes you will see your updates. The trick is to not have you phone set to automatically set date/time even after you enter the correct time. It sounds weird but it worked for me so I hope works for you.

CrockettGTO

Dec 12, 2013
Visit site
I had the same problem. Calling Verizon did not help. What worked for me was to manually change the date to 8/1/11, turn off phone, turn phone back on, change to correct date and time. In about 5 minutes you will see your updates. The trick is to not have you phone set to automatically set date/time even after you enter the correct time. It sounds weird but it worked for me so I hope works for you.
update. Tried this.in the order described didn't have any impact, actually after power down, the phone would revert to 3-15-12. Indicating it was probably manufactured on this date. Thank you for your suggestion.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vascro