Surface Pro 7 deal! Save big at Amazon right now

07-30-2014 07:14 PM
381 ... 89101112 ...
tools
    I just got Black on my 928, and I'm severely disappointed. There's less detail + a ton more noise, the green/yellow tint is still present (possibly worse, though it may just seem that way because I'm so upset), and overall the pictures are just not pleasing to the eye. In the pictures posted by Chris Wayne2 up above, the Amber picture looks WAY better to my eyes. Disappointed is the only word I can use to describe my feelings.
    AndrewL920 and supershi80 like this.
    02-12-2014 10:54 AM
    I think this would be my last windows phone unless they will fix the camera algorithms in the next 8.1 update. They are so hyped about adding a lot of features but they forget to fix the main features of lumia.
    Also for me
    AndrewL920 likes this.
    02-12-2014 01:20 PM
    I think this would be my last windows phone unless they will fix the camera algorithms in the next 8.1 update. They are so hyped about adding a lot of features but they forget to fix the main features of lumia.
    Me 2, my brother just got the 5S and I actually quite like it. Camera is night too, all it needs is optical imagine stabilisation and we are only a winner.
    02-13-2014 03:24 AM
    I just got Black on my 928, and I'm severely disappointed. There's less detail + a ton more noise, the green/yellow tint is still present (possibly worse, though it may just seem that way because I'm so upset), and overall the pictures are just not pleasing to the eye. In the pictures posted by Chris Wayne2 up above, the Amber picture looks WAY better to my eyes. Disappointed is the only word I can use to describe my feelings.
    No one is going to take notice unless you complain on twitter: https://twitter.com/jalakarhu
    02-13-2014 03:25 AM
    Now that even 928 pics are worse, and Nokia hasn't addressed this issue the way they normally do, we are left to believe only one thing:
    This is a marketing strategy. Nokia wants us to buy their newer phones if we want better pics.

Well nokia if this is what you want me to do, I won't.
    I can't keep blowing money on new phones. We in india don't have contracts that every one year/two years we can change handsets for cheap cost.
    Will be upgrading my 920 only after ONE MORE YEAR. Want to use it for at least two years.
    AndrewL920 likes this.
    02-13-2014 06:45 AM
    I complained on twitter, they seemed unaware of the issue.

https://nokia.response.lithium.com/p...sation/1108133
    02-13-2014 09:24 AM
    I complained on twitter, they seemed unaware of the issue.

https://nokia.response.lithium.com/p...sation/1108133
    The nokia guy is blind. Show him this thread and let see.
    http://forums.windowscentral.com/nok.../258727-10.htm
    http://forums.windowscentral.com/nok...omparison.html
    http://forums.windowscentral.com/nok...5Bpoll%5D.html
    ktl88 likes this.
    02-13-2014 10:31 AM
    Now that even 928 pics are worse, and Nokia hasn't addressed this issue the way they normally do, we are left to believe only one thing:
    This is a marketing strategy. Nokia wants us to buy their newer phones if we want better pics.

Well nokia if this is what you want me to do, I won't.
    I can't keep blowing money on new phones. We in india don't have contracts that every one year/two years we can change handsets for cheap cost.
    Will be upgrading my 920 only after ONE MORE YEAR. Want to use it for at least two years.
    Like I said. The lifespan of their support in a specific phone is 2 years. But I think they want to end it for a year only and they want us to buy a new one. My 920 is my last windows phone unless they going to fix the camera algorithm.
    supershi80 and Pedroballester like this.
    02-13-2014 10:32 AM
    I did post these threads
    02-13-2014 12:11 PM
    In the pictures posted by Chris Wayne2 up above, the Amber picture looks WAY better to my eyes.
    Way better to your eyes does not reflect all opinions in the world, the second picture had better colors overall, better detail as well, but that's only for low light scenarios, daylight pictures are softer but not as much as how they were when the 920 was launched, I don't know why but something tells me that after 8.1 we could say goodbye to further updates to our first gen Lumias, hope I'm wrong, also if you don't like the results using the stock or Nokia Cam you should check other apps.
    anon(7900571) likes this.
    02-15-2014 07:18 PM
    Way better to your eyes does not reflect all opinions in the world, the second picture had better colors overall, better detail as well, but that's only for low light scenarios, daylight pictures are softer but not as much as how they were when the 920 was launched, I don't know why but something tells me that after 8.1 we could say goodbye to further updates to our first gen Lumias, hope I'm wrong, also if you don't like the results using the stock or Nokia Cam you should check other apps.
    Umm I can't really say about windows phone 9, maybe they require quad core chip (1520) or they will optimize it for current gen lumia (dual core ). Windows phone 8.1 will be elgiable for all current lumia , after 8.1 everyone will get GDR updates by Microsoft to further refine 8.1 experince by new features alon with nokia firmware packages.
    02-16-2014 12:13 AM
    Really genius? You do understand what "to my eyes" means, right?
    02-16-2014 11:47 AM
    Any news or rumor if MicroKia will change any algorithm or perhaps will remove post processing in 8.1 update?
    02-20-2014 04:52 PM
    Just wanted to point out that there are like 4 people complaining about it, I don't think they would change the algorithm for just some random users, have you tried Photoshop to get the results you want?
    02-21-2014 02:35 PM
    Nope, you should tweet to Tom Warren from the Verge
    02-21-2014 02:36 PM
    The only thing that stops me to go back to Portico is the Color Profile...
    02-23-2014 03:22 PM
    Just wanted to point out that there are like 4 people complaining about it, I don't think they would change the algorithm for just some random users, have you tried Photoshop to get the results you want?
    it's not 4 people are complaining about, I paid a lot for this ''camera phone'', if you're happy with it, congratulations, I'm not.

Portico update made the camera awesome, with nice colors (for me), and amber was at the same level, but black ruined, although it has more detail, colors seems washed out..

Yes, we shall complain for juha to fix it, that's not how 920 was launched, it was a drastically change, if the camera was like THIS, I wouldn't buy it anymore. They should make better what they launched, not making drastically changes and dividing opinions
    Last edited by AndreStudart; 02-23-2014 at 04:26 PM.
    AndrewL920 likes this.
    02-23-2014 04:07 PM
    Well, I agree with you on that last one, the iPhone does not have this kind of problems, overall they seem pretty ok with the camera, have you tried other cam apps?
    02-23-2014 04:19 PM
    The only thing that stops me to go back to Portico is the Color Profile...
    +1. 'colour profile' is one the best new features
    02-23-2014 04:47 PM
    The black update has totally ruined the camera.More noise, washed out colors and the quality haw dropped significantly.
    Here two shots with amber

bala by foxy4270, on Flickr

kafe2 by foxy4270, on Flickr
    AndrewL920 likes this.
    02-23-2014 07:02 PM
    Does anybody tried video recording with Black update? I record a lot of videos of the concerts i go and last one was with Amber and it was good but with all the fuzz going on about camera with Black update i'm concerned about the video quality and sound quality too.
    02-23-2014 11:18 PM
    No change in mine or my wifes. I ordered them the first day you could from AT&T
    02-23-2014 11:43 PM
    No change in mine or my wifes. I ordered them the first day you could from AT&T
    You have to look in a certain way to be able to notice. If you didn't notice then you would never be aware of the issue in the first place.
    02-24-2014 07:02 AM
    Well, I agree with you on that last one, the iPhone does not have this kind of problems, overall they seem pretty ok with the camera, have you tried other cam apps?
    All camera apps except Camera 360 use Nokia's Camera API so they will all come out the same. Look a few post back and posted pictures of every camera app.
    02-24-2014 07:04 AM
    Got same bug on lumia 925untitled-1-copy.jpg
    02-28-2014 04:44 AM
381 ... 89101112 ...