07-30-2014 07:14 PM
381 ... 910111213 ...
tools
    black update very very bad
    Lumia 920 photo quality is very bad :(
    I want to flash Amber ;(
    AndrewL920 likes this.
    03-05-2014 01:11 PM
    Does anybody tried video recording with Black update? I record a lot of videos of the concerts i go and last one was with Amber and it was good but with all the fuzz going on about camera with Black update i'm concerned about the video quality and sound quality too.
    I have black and I recorded at one concert and the sound was very badly distorted... The concert was high decibels but I was expecting the 920's mics to do a better job. I didn't do any high decibel recording with amber to compare to.

Here's a copy of the video (11mb) http://www.multiupload.nl/S7QB9OUX4I
    03-05-2014 08:42 PM
    I have black and I recorded at one concert and the sound was very badly distorted... The concert was high decibels but I was expecting the 920's mics to do a better job. I didn't do any high decibel recording with amber to compare to.

Here's a copy of the video (11mb) http://www.multiupload.nl/S7QB9OUX4I
    mine actually went pretty good with amazing audio.

My video quality actually improved wih the black update. But the camera, like some people, is terrible,
    anon(7900571) and prasath1234 like this.
    03-06-2014 08:13 PM
    Nokia screwed flagship 920's camera at the very least.

Sent from my HTC One X using WPCentral Forums mobile app
    03-08-2014 12:38 PM
    Impressive sound and pictures, considering the lights flashing and changing colour.

My 920 takes great pictures and video so don't understand complaints about quality.
    03-08-2014 12:52 PM
    Nokia screwed flagship 920's camera at the very least.

Sent from my HTC One X using WPCentral Forums mobile app
    No they didn't , perfect here as I posted in other forums. There are about 5-6 people craving for this issue.

Sent from my iPad using WPCentral Forums
    03-08-2014 10:26 PM
    mine actually went pretty good with amazing audio.

My video quality actually improved wih the black update. But the camera, like some people, is terrible,
    Um I love chvrches , another fact mother we share was the promo song for lumia 920 ;)
    Regarding the video , one definitely hear the rich recording , there are sudden light changes in the concerts , so it's difficult for camera to focus in dark but here lumia 920 proved this very well that it still can handle low light photography and videography very well. I AM IMPRESSED

AuraTigital likes this.
    03-08-2014 10:33 PM
    Um I love chvrches , another fact mother we share was the promo song for lumia 920 ;)
    Regarding the video , one definitely hear the rich recording , there are sudden light changes in the concerts , so it's difficult for camera to focus in dark but here lumia 920 proved this very well that it still can handle low light photography and videography very well. I AM IMPRESSED

I actually found Chvrches through the Lumia 920 promo video, and I love their music. I'm lucky they came to my country earlier this year. :D
    anon(7900571) likes this.
    03-09-2014 07:44 AM
    I actually found Chvrches through the Lumia 920 promo video, and I love their music. I'm lucky they came to my country earlier this year. :D
    wow , lol I can not found the original video of mother we share since on YouTube the video was country restricted , but after some search on internet I finally found one :) , she is amazing singer with melodious voice <3
    03-09-2014 07:50 AM
    Though there isn't a way to fix the sharpness issue now, I've found a way to fix the green tint in photos, at least improving colours dramatically.

Here's an image I took in my room, realise that terrible colour tone? http://imgur.com/MXV5kMo

Using Fantasia Painter, using it's white point fix function, press and hold on a white background, and it should adjust the colours properly, though it might make it wrong exposed. To fix the exposure, adjust the intensity accordingly. http://imgur.com/N4iHQSN

And here's the final corrected image! Much much better and truer to life.
    http://imgur.com/aHizU8o
    03-11-2014 10:57 PM
    night video with Amber
    03-14-2014 11:05 AM
    Though there isn't a way to fix the sharpness issue now, I've found a way to fix the green tint in photos, at least improving colours dramatically.

Here's an image I took in my room, realise that terrible colour tone? imgur: the simple image sharer

Using Fantasia Painter, using it's white point fix function, press and hold on a white background, and it should adjust the colours properly, though it might make it wrong exposed. To fix the exposure, adjust the intensity accordingly. imgur: the simple image sharer

And here's the final corrected image! Much much better and truer to life.
    imgur: the simple image sharer
    You take a photo with a very wrong WB, just it man. Nothing to do with things related here. Bad WB happens even with professional cameras (less often).

But the app is a very good tip.
    03-18-2014 02:41 PM
    You take a photo with a very wrong WB, just it man. Nothing to do with things related here. Bad WB happens even with professional cameras (less often).

But the app is a very good tip.
    Not simply like that, when you take the photo, it's 100% clear, but nokia's post-processament algorithms does that to some photos, even though in the preview it was nice, hope they fix it on 8.1
    03-18-2014 03:42 PM
    Not simply like that, when you take the photo, it's 100% clear, but nokia's post-processament algorithms does that to some photos, even though in the preview it was nice, hope they fix it on 8.1
    That's not the AuraTigital case. In this particular case, was a bad WB.
    03-19-2014 09:20 AM
    All right all right, this has become a dumb battle, bought an used 920 from a n00b and it has portico, will post a picture comparison with both my gdr3+black 920 vs the portico 920 (with proofs of it), and just as a reference the same subject taken with a Nikon DSLR.
    03-20-2014 03:37 AM
    I have Lumia 720 and it has very similar problems with camera. I downgraded my phone back to Portico and now camera is back to normal! My phone works just fine and the downgrade is not hard to do. It's a good solution to the camera problem. I posted a new low-light Potrico photo, you can compare it to low-light Amber/Black photos of the same place here if you are interested: http://forums.windowscentral.com/nok...wngrading.html
    03-21-2014 01:36 PM
    I have Lumia 720 and it has very similar problems with camera. I downgraded my phone back to Portico and now camera is back to normal! My phone works just fine and the downgrade is not hard to do. It's a good solution to the camera problem. I posted a new low-light Potrico photo, you can compare it to low-light Amber/Black photos of the same place here if you are interested: http://forums.windowscentral.com/nok...wngrading.html
    LoL!, you can't call that a comparison!, pics were not even taken in same conditions!
    Last edited by Chris Wayne2; 03-22-2014 at 06:46 PM.
    03-22-2014 03:14 PM
    What is going on with this forum?, can't upload pictures from chrome!
    03-22-2014 03:15 PM
    What is going on with this forum?, can't upload pictures from chrome!
    chrome sucks use Firefox or internet explorer :)
    03-22-2014 03:17 PM
    LoL!, tou can't call that a comparison!, pics were not even taken in same conditions!
    no sh*t! that is one awful 'comparison'
    03-22-2014 04:12 PM
    Here is a comparison of pics just after snapping the photo and then after the phone has saved it. The difference is huge... All of the samples were taken in indoor lightning. In natural light the difference isn't that clear but I don't have samples from these. What do you think guys?

testi-1.jpg Nokia postprocessing ****s up the white balance. And notice that difference at the carpet

testi-2.jpg Same thing here. Final photo is more yellow and also too much softer.

testi-3.jpg This is the worst of the samples. White balance is way off and the final product is super soft, details are suffering. Only pro with the final photo is that shadow under the chair.

testi-4.jpg This one is hard to say. The final photo indeed is more clear and crisper but white balance is still wrong.

testi-5.jpg Here the difference isn't that distinct. White balance is rather the same but the final photo is bit softer. The final photo looks good though.

testi-6.jpg In this one I would almost say that the final photo is better. Colors are still worse a bit.

testi-7.jpg Yeah the same issue once again.
    AuraTigital and mccririck like this.
    03-23-2014 03:52 PM
    Thanks for the samples, Kimi.

It's easy to see through your images that the postprocessing gives better noise reduction in lowlight conditions, but in all of them the white balance is driven to yellow and the details are also poor. Much more sharper before postprocessing.
    03-23-2014 07:24 PM
    Taken with my 4 months old L920 (I'm on Lumia Black now), using shutter button. Daylight coming from the front and fluorescent from the back.
    The LED on the last photo is actually blue!
    Attachment 60287
    Attachment 60288
    Attachment 60289
    03-23-2014 11:25 PM
    Here is a comparison of pics just after snapping the photo and then after the phone has saved it. The difference is huge... All of the samples were taken in indoor lightning. In natural light the difference isn't that clear but I don't have samples from these. What do you think guys? Yeah the same issue once again.
    Very close to me, not a big issue. I have noticed that too.
    03-25-2014 10:21 AM
    Thanks for the samples, Kimi.

It's easy to see through your images that the postprocessing gives better noise reduction in lowlight conditions, but in all of them the white balance is driven to yellow and the details are also poor. Much more sharper before postprocessing.
    It's very sharper because it's a thumbnail. But you're a right about post processing, it's good for noise reduction, but in the same time messed up with WB (green tint in most cases) and a little blurry too (just a little, because it's not fair compare with a thumbnail).
    03-25-2014 10:23 AM
381 ... 910111213 ...