Surface Pro 7 deal! Save big at Amazon right now

07-30-2014 07:14 PM
381 1234 ...
tools
    Buy a real camera if you want professional photos.
    01-16-2014 05:39 AM
    I remember you that before Amber upd we don't have this issue. The problem is only software. Nokia, please, fix it!!!!!
    AndrewL920 likes this.
    01-16-2014 05:42 AM
    Again with a bit work with editing you get same results, they aren't "smoother" in my book but clearer same like sharper. I took your photo the right one and have put it to a bit editing see what i got from it after-postprocessing.png
    See what i mean while i did a bit sharpering i got near colors, changing white balance i got white etc.
    Jaripi likes this.
    01-16-2014 05:42 AM
    Again with a bit work with editing you get same results, they aren't "smoother" in my book but clearer same like sharper. I took your photo the right one and have put it to a bit editing see what i got from it Click image for larger version. 

Name:	after postprocessing.png 
Views:	335 
Size:	424.5 KB 
ID:	54594
    See what i mean while i did a bit sharpering i got near colors, changing white balance i got white etc.
    This image is no good like my photo on the left (the color of all other objects are completly mistaked) (in your image is also added a lot of noise). Only if we have raw format we can adjust them without lost quality and the problem is that only 1020 and 1520 can generate photo in raw(dng file).
    01-16-2014 05:46 AM
    Well i also thought that its huge difference, its not really it makes the softer it changes the colors. But that can be changed, and also these "before" PP pictures have just bigger sharpening. Just by increasing sharpening level you get identical ( not same ) results. And no changing in algorithms will change this by a lot i am sure about that 100%.
    This is my opinion you can disagree or agree but you'll see, the pics are good we can't really await a lot more.

About the pic the colors are the same (blue equals the blue, black equals the black, sharpens on the table equals again and the table is trough changing the WB pure white).
    01-16-2014 05:52 AM
    Well i also thought that its huge difference, its not really it makes the softer it changes the colors. But that can be changed, and also these "before" PP pictures have just bigger sharpening. Just by increasing sharpening level you get identical ( not same ) results. And no changing in algorithms will change this i sure about that 100%.
    This is my opinion you can disagree or agree but you'll see, the pics are good we can't really await a lot more.
    Excuse me, but for me your image and the image on the right in my post are no good (and not also for me because if you go in a lot of forum about phone (also nokia official forum and nokia beta labs forum) there are a lot users that write about this issue)
    AndrewL920 likes this.
    01-16-2014 05:55 AM
    "About the pic the colors are the same (blue equals the blue, black equals the black, sharpens on the table equals again and the table is trough changing the WB pure white). "

How can you say that the colors are the same??????

(please, use your eyes :-) )

(see by example the color of paper and wood, your image is an artificial image,my image is natural)

(see also the noise, is very simple to see too)

See another time and say me if are the same (at the left my image before post processing, at the right your image after post processing and modded by you):
    Attached Thumbnails before-postprocessing.png   after-postprocessing-mod-.png  
    01-16-2014 06:10 AM
    I am no pro in editing i just raised sharpening in the photo and changed WB. I see that they aren't the same (my bad), but again with some skill you can make it better, and again will claim what i said before
    this before PP is just about sharpening and reducing noise, while after PP you get more noise and softer details.
    And even if they put some "fix" which as we see they don't care will be just about boosting sharpening.
    01-16-2014 06:35 AM
    I am no pro in editing i just raised sharpening in the photo and changed WB. I see that they aren't the same (my bad), but again with some skill you can make it better, and again will claim what i said before
    this before PP is just about sharpening and reducing noise, while after PP you get more noise and softer details.
    And even if they put some "fix" which as we see they don't care will be just about boosting sharpening.
    1 no, is not possible to have the same quality like the original because you don't have the photo in raw mode.

2, also if you have raw file is very very difficult to remember the real life parameters of the scene (like our eyes see the scene) and adjust it with a program in a future

3, this adjust take a lot of time and the issue appears in more cases then is not possible every time to adjust any photos because take a lot lot lot of time and the results often are poor (see point 1 and 2)
    01-16-2014 08:05 AM
    the point is here is not about professional photos. The point is that when we used to have better photos why can't we have it now after the update.
    And also, why are the photos getting worse POST processing.
    I'm sure Nokia can do better here
    AndrewL920 and Oranges123 like this.
    01-16-2014 08:46 AM
    This comparison makes no sense to me. It's not right to compare what we see on the LCD smartphone. Screenshot vs photo is just wrong, bad comparison..

After Black Update i've noticed improvements on Lumia 925. Better auto WB and less noise control even high sensitive ISO.
    01-16-2014 09:33 AM
    This comparison makes no sense to me. It's not right to compare what we see on the LCD smartphone.

After Black Update i've noticed improvements on Lumia 925. Better auto WB and less noise control even high sensitive ISO.
    Infact we compare photos on our own LCD PC (not on lumia LCD)
    Perhaps,something is better in quality in Lumia Black but the yellow/green/smooth issue remains always also with Lumia Black

NOKIA, PLEASE, TAKE THE TIME TO FIX IT !!!!!
    AndrewL920 and Zamir Yusof like this.
    01-16-2014 09:39 AM
    Infact we compare photos on our own LCD PC (not on lumia LCD)
    Screenshot is not good for this comparison, mate. Doesn't matter the source (smartphone, PC, notebook, etc). IMHO you guys are all wrong. It's just wrong compare screenshot with photos.

Screenshot will capture the raw image without any defects from the optical (Pureview+Carl Zeiss+Nokia technology, etc).. Not only post processing involved here. Maybe the camera isn't good enough to capture the image perfectly or good pictures.

It's just my opinion, I don't know if it's right.
    alpha beta gaga and Dethon like this.
    01-16-2014 09:54 AM
    @ Rodrigo Mendes

finally someone speaking some sense
    01-16-2014 10:03 AM
    Screenshot is not good for this comparison, mate. Doesn't matter the source (smartphone, PC, notebook, etc). IMHO you guys are all wrong. It's just wrong compare screenshot with photos.

Screenshot will capture the raw image without any defects from the optical (Pureview+Carl Zeiss+Nokia technology, etc).. Not only post processing involved here. Maybe the camera isn't good enough to capture the image perfectly or good pictures.

If the camera can't take good pictures then why is the screenshot so good? You can compare them fine if they are both screenshots

Also I would like to point out that I can see the processing change with my eyeballs so it doesn't matter whether it's a screenshot or not. The screenshot is just for the benefit of posting them online.
    Last edited by MrWhiteman; 01-16-2014 at 10:56 AM.
    01-16-2014 10:43 AM

You are wrong.
    There isn't any perceptible difference between the the real photo and the screenshot.

See this example (take the photos from Foto di supershi su Libero Community and open with windows viewer (to see all the image at the same size) ) :
    the first is the original photo
    the second is the screenshot of photo after post processing
    the third is the screenshot of photo before post processing

You can see that the first and second are pratically the same
    Last edited by supershi80; 01-16-2014 at 11:39 AM.
    01-16-2014 10:47 AM
    Before Amber Update, the photo was wonderful, sharp and not yellowish which makes my friend using iPhone 5 and S3 Jealous.
    After Amber Update, the photo was blurred and yellowish. ruined by jpeg/photo processing.
    Nokia said that they address this issue with Black Update but unfortunately, they ended the support for their beta phone guinea 920 not fixing the problem.

Since Nokia ended their support for fixing camera issues with guinea 920, how do I get back to the stock firmware? Not Amber or Black.

PS: Open Nokia Camera App, Go to settings, and turn on Photo Preview. You will see how processing ruined the photo. As I said, before Amber the photos was sharp, wonderful, and not yellowish.
    Last edited by AndrewL920; 01-16-2014 at 12:21 PM.
    01-16-2014 11:10 AM
    You are wrong.
    There isn't any perceptible difference between the the real photo and the screenshot.
    Yes, i know and that's exactly my point.

When you take a picture with a cheap disposable camera, you will not have a good image too. Impossible to compare with reality or any screenshot too. But that's a postprocessing or just a bad camera quality?

Postprocessing is only one of many process there are involve in a digital photography, but not the only. A picture involve more - a lot more - camera quality than anything else. It's more easy to blame camera quality than postprocessing. That's my point.
    01-16-2014 11:13 AM
    I honestly feel that one CAN compare the quality/clarity of the photos from the screenshot and the photo.
    The screenshot is nothing but an image of what is rendered right after clicking the photo, whereas what we get as a real photo is worse - the post processing effect.
    It think it is absolutely fine to do this comparison. If so, then why is there a difference post-processing?
    01-16-2014 11:32 AM
    Yes, i know and that's exactly my point.

When you take a picture with a cheap disposable camera, you will not have a good image too. Impossible to compare with reality or any screenshot too. But that's a postprocessing or just a bad camera quality?

Postprocessing is only one of many process there are involve in a digital photography, but not the only. A picture involve more - a lot more - camera quality than anything else. It's more easy to blame camera quality than postprocessing. That's my point.
    We are lucky because the Nokia Camera can see us the image before and after the postprocessing, then is very clear to undestand that is the postprocessing that damage the photos. Try also you some test and see with your eyes ;-)

In my last post you can take the images from my link and make the comparison between 1 and 2:
    (1) is the original photo generated by my phone
    (2) is the screenshot of the photo (taked from my 920 screen with [win button]+[power button]) after post processing
    (3) is the screenshot of the photo (take from my 920 screen with [win button]+[power button]) before post processing

1&2 are = for color,sharpness,... (and show yellow/green/smoot issue)
    Then the result is: postprocessing create the issue.

NOKIA PLEASE FIX IT
    Last edited by supershi80; 01-16-2014 at 11:47 AM.
    Rodrigo Mendes and AndrewL920 like this.
    01-16-2014 11:36 AM
    We are lucky because the Nokia Camera can see us the image before and after the postprocessing, then is very clear to undestand that is the postprocessing that damage the photos. Try also you some test and see with your eyes ;-)

In the last my post take the images from my link and make the comparison between 1 and 2:
    -the first is the original photo generated by my phone
    -the second is the screenshot of the photo (taked by my 920 screen) after post processing
    -the third is the screenshot of the photo (take by my 920 screen) before post processing

1&2 are = (and show yellow/green/smoot issue)
    Forget what I was saying!!

Now I understand what you guys mean. You're talking about Preview Image, right? One that appears immediately after taking the picture in Nokia Camera, right? You're right about that. There's a post processing that changes the picture. But just a little, at least here in my Lumia 925. Only WB changes e noise control.
    01-16-2014 11:44 AM
    Forget what I was saying!!

Now I understand what you guys mean. You're talking about Preview Image, right? One that appears immediately after taking the picture in Nokia Camera, right? You're right about that. There's a post processing that changes the picture. But just a little, at least here in my Lumia 925. Only WB changes e noise control.
    yes, right :-)
    On 920 instead the post processing creates a big issue

Because you use the 925, can you send on this forum two images before and after the post processing to permit us to see the difference respect the post processing of 920 ?
    01-16-2014 11:56 AM
    yes, right :-)
    On 920 instead the post processing creates a big issue

Because you use the 925, can you send on this forum two images before and after the post processing to permit us to see the difference respect the post processing of 920 ?
    Ok, i made it here. I think post processing image is much better and more realistic on Lumia 925. At home I will upload to you guys!
    01-16-2014 12:25 PM
    Just got the black update and the yellowish tint and softness is still there..but the noise was lessened
    AndrewL920 and ktl88 like this.
    01-16-2014 07:32 PM
    Yes. The the photos are still yellowish and blurry in Nokia Black using the latest Nokia Camera and default camera.
    01-16-2014 07:47 PM
381 1234 ...