Lumia 920 photo quality post black update

ktl88

Mar 21, 2013
Visit site
Hi all,

I believe almost all 920 users are aware about the big difference in photo qualities post amber update.
(For those who are not: http://forums.windowscentral.com/nokia-lumia-920/237916-lumia-920-camera-bug-after-amber-update.html)

How many of you noticed an improvement (if any) post the amber update in photo qualities?
To me, it looks the same if not worse. The yellow hue is still there.
I use the Nokia Camera app to take the pics. I also noticed that there is still a difference between the pre-processing quality of the pic and the post processing quality of the pic.

Senad Klepic

Apr 1, 2013
Visit site
I liked the photos even before we got the black update (tough i can't spot much difference). Pictures are still softer then what we see upon saving. And i think they just don't care about it (with they i mean Nokia).
Before and after.. wp_ss_20140114_0001.jpg (screenshot) what actually was saved WP_20140114_18_21_45_Pro.jpg

AndrewL920

Dec 7, 2013
Visit site
Can someone please upload more pictures of screenshots where Nokia Camera taking a picture before and after post processing? This is the most important for me if they fixed the yellowish bug.

AndrewL920

Dec 7, 2013
Visit site
I liked the photos even before we got the black update (tough i can't spot much difference). Pictures are still softer then what we see upon saving. And i think they just don't care about it (with they i mean Nokia).
Before and after.. View attachment 54473 (screenshot) what actually was saved View attachment 54474

The first picture is great, sharp, and clear unlike the picture that has been saved it looks so blurry. Not good. :(

AndreStudart

Apr 29, 2013
Visit site
Colors look so much more natural, look at the flowers post, but there's still the softness problem, too much softness while it could be a bit sharper..

well, at least it's better now

Senad Klepic

Apr 1, 2013
Visit site
Well we can cry, but the Lumia 920 takes great pictures. I just don't like the heave noise reducing (someone mentioned it). I am not disappointed in the Lumia Black update, but in Nokia for saying that we are getting new Algorithms for pictures (that was a lie)..

Zamir Yusof

Feb 12, 2013
Visit site
Optical stabilization, 5 lenses, pro manual setting & carl zeiss lens sounds good until the software algorithm ruining the photo. Since I really like to use windows phone, I still prefer Nokia Lumia but that's it, I'm not going to upgrade from my Lumia 920 to others Lumia unless if necessary (e.g damaged etc). Lumia 920 camera hardware is still good enough for photography and the evidence is there. Too bad Nokia doesn't take care of their one year old flagship like they did with their current one.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
killshot4077