Lumia 920 photo quality post black update

supershi80

Sep 27, 2013
Visit site
Screenshot is not good for this comparison, mate. Doesn't matter the source (smartphone, PC, notebook, etc). IMHO you guys are all wrong. It's just wrong compare screenshot with photos.

Screenshot will capture the raw image without any defects from the optical (Pureview+Carl Zeiss+Nokia technology, etc).. Not only post processing involved here. Maybe the camera isn't good enough to capture the image perfectly or good pictures.

It's just my opinion, I don't know if it's right.

You are wrong.
There isn't any perceptible difference between the the real photo and the screenshot.

See this example (take the photos from Foto di supershi su Libero Community and open with windows viewer (to see all the image at the same size) ) :
the first is the original photo
the second is the screenshot of photo after post processing
the third is the screenshot of photo before post processing

You can see that the first and second are pratically the same

Last edited:

AndrewL920

Dec 7, 2013
Visit site
Before Amber Update, the photo was wonderful, sharp and not yellowish which makes my friend using iPhone 5 and S3 Jealous.
After Amber Update, the photo was blurred and yellowish. ruined by jpeg/photo processing.
Nokia said that they address this issue with Black Update but unfortunately, they ended the support for their beta phone guinea 920 not fixing the problem.

Since Nokia ended their support for fixing camera issues with guinea 920, how do I get back to the stock firmware? Not Amber or Black.

PS: Open Nokia Camera App, Go to settings, and turn on Photo Preview. You will see how processing ruined the photo. As I said, before Amber the photos was sharp, wonderful, and not yellowish.

Last edited:

Rodrigo Mendes

Jul 9, 2013
Visit site
You are wrong.
There isn't any perceptible difference between the the real photo and the screenshot.

Yes, i know and that's exactly my point.

When you take a picture with a cheap disposable camera, you will not have a good image too. Impossible to compare with reality or any screenshot too. But that's a postprocessing or just a bad camera quality?

Postprocessing is only one of many process there are involve in a digital photography, but not the only. A picture involve more - a lot more - camera quality than anything else. It's more easy to blame camera quality than postprocessing. That's my point.

ktl88

Mar 21, 2013
Visit site
I honestly feel that one CAN compare the quality/clarity of the photos from the screenshot and the photo.
The screenshot is nothing but an image of what is rendered right after clicking the photo, whereas what we get as a real photo is worse - the post processing effect.
It think it is absolutely fine to do this comparison. If so, then why is there a difference post-processing?

supershi80

Sep 27, 2013
Visit site
Yes, i know and that's exactly my point.

When you take a picture with a cheap disposable camera, you will not have a good image too. Impossible to compare with reality or any screenshot too. But that's a postprocessing or just a bad camera quality?

Postprocessing is only one of many process there are involve in a digital photography, but not the only. A picture involve more - a lot more - camera quality than anything else. It's more easy to blame camera quality than postprocessing. That's my point.

We are lucky because the Nokia Camera can see us the image before and after the postprocessing, then is very clear to undestand that is the postprocessing that damage the photos. Try also you some test and see with your eyes ;-)

In my last post you can take the images from my link and make the comparison between 1 and 2:
(1) is the original photo generated by my phone
(2) is the screenshot of the photo (taked from my 920 screen with [win button]+[power button]) after post processing
(3) is the screenshot of the photo (take from my 920 screen with [win button]+[power button]) before post processing

1&2 are = for color,sharpness,... (and show yellow/green/smoot issue)
Then the result is: postprocessing create the issue.

NOKIA PLEASE FIX IT

Last edited:

Rodrigo Mendes

Jul 9, 2013
Visit site
We are lucky because the Nokia Camera can see us the image before and after the postprocessing, then is very clear to undestand that is the postprocessing that damage the photos. Try also you some test and see with your eyes ;-)

In the last my post take the images from my link and make the comparison between 1 and 2:
-the first is the original photo generated by my phone
-the second is the screenshot of the photo (taked by my 920 screen) after post processing
-the third is the screenshot of the photo (take by my 920 screen) before post processing

1&2 are = (and show yellow/green/smoot issue)

Forget what I was saying!!

Now I understand what you guys mean. You're talking about Preview Image, right? One that appears immediately after taking the picture in Nokia Camera, right? You're right about that. There's a post processing that changes the picture. But just a little, at least here in my Lumia 925. Only WB changes e noise control.

supershi80

Sep 27, 2013
Visit site
Forget what I was saying!!

Now I understand what you guys mean. You're talking about Preview Image, right? One that appears immediately after taking the picture in Nokia Camera, right? You're right about that. There's a post processing that changes the picture. But just a little, at least here in my Lumia 925. Only WB changes e noise control.

yes, right :)
On 920 instead the post processing creates a big issue

Because you use the 925, can you send on this forum two images before and after the post processing to permit us to see the difference respect the post processing of 920 ?

Rodrigo Mendes

Jul 9, 2013
Visit site
yes, right :)
On 920 instead the post processing creates a big issue

Because you use the 925, can you send on this forum two images before and after the post processing to permit us to see the difference respect the post processing of 920 ?

Ok, i made it here. I think post processing image is much better and more realistic on Lumia 925. At home I will upload to you guys!

Sasa Lakic

Jan 10, 2014
Visit site
I also want to use Nokia Camera without these problems but for now it's not possible. I tried Camera 360 which doesn't have this problem as I have seen till now. I will test further.

MrWhiteman

Jul 26, 2013
Visit site
I also want to use Nokia Camera without these problems but for now it's not possible. I tried Camera 360 which doesn't have this problem as I have seen till now. I will test further.

Camera 360 is very difficult to test because it only takes low res images unlike all the others which take the full 8mpx

Rodrigo Mendes

Jul 9, 2013
Visit site
Guys, this is a green tint, not yellow. Try to use some app for edit image (like Thumba) and lower the green balance. That's it, you will have a perfect photo, identical to the photo before post processing. I've noticed that green tint don't happens all the time. Only in some low light conditions and / or flash on.

But I haven't noticed any problems with sharpness or noise control. Only this green tint and some conditions, not all.

So, that's it, green tint, not yellow. Again: Lumia 925 here. But my father have a Lumia 920 and will try to make some tests.

When I have

muvig

Apr 23, 2012
Visit site
sorry to be out of topic, i just want to know if there is any application that is able to read text in a document, (text to voice) for example a report i have a which saved from my pc to my lumia so that i can read it at home, instead of reading it my self, i just start/instruct this 'application' to read it for me!

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jallymonz