Lumia 920 photo quality post black update

supershi80

Sep 27, 2013
Visit site
sorry to be out of topic, i just want to know if there is any application that is able to read text in a document, (text to voice) for example a report i have a which saved from my pc to my lumia so that i can read it at home, instead of reading it my self, i just start/instruct this 'application' to read it for me!

Open a new thread with this question ;-)

TheJoester09

Mar 16, 2012
Visit site
Guys, this is a green tint, not yellow. Try to use some app for edit image (like Thumba) and lower the green balance. That's it, you will have a perfect photo, identical to the photo before post processing. I've noticed that green tint don't happens all the time. Only in some low light conditions and / or flash on.

But I haven't noticed any problems with sharpness or noise control. Only this green tint and some conditions, not all.

So, that's it, green tint, not yellow. Again: Lumia 925 here. But my father have a Lumia 920 and will try to make some tests.

When I have

Thumba is exactly what I use on my 928 (still on Amber, for the record), and it works well for the purpose of fixing the color, but saving the photo reduces the quality. Also, we shouldn't have use third-party apps for this...the purpose of this camera is to point and shoot. I wish that Nokia would leave the post processing to the users instead of trying to force what they think works best.

AndrewL920

Dec 7, 2013
Visit site
Thumba is exactly what I use on my 928 (still on Amber, for the record), and it works well for the purpose of fixing the color, but saving the photo reduces the quality. Also, we shouldn't have use third-party apps for this...the purpose of this camera is to point and shoot. I wish that Nokia would leave the post processing to the users instead of trying to force what they think works best.

You are right. This phone should be point and shoot. At the moment color balance fixes the yellowish pictures using 3rd party app but come on that is hassle. Portico does not have this yellowish and blurry/softening problem.

ktl88

Mar 21, 2013
Visit site
You are right. This phone should be point and shoot. At the moment color balance fixes the yellowish pictures using 3rd party app but come on that is hassle. Portico does not have this yellowish and blurry/softening problem.

Absolutely true... Photo qualities in Portico were way better and sharper than this stupid Black update. I've kind of started disliking Nokia updates. Pheww....

AndrewL920

Dec 7, 2013
Visit site
Absolutely true... Photo qualities in Portico were way better and sharper than this stupid Black update. I've kind of started disliking Nokia updates. Pheww....

It started on Amber Update. My front facing camera is now unusable because I look like a Simpson when taking self photo using it. Try it.

indoko

Jun 6, 2013
Visit site
This afternoon i have been taking photos with a Samsung ativ s and it doesn't have the yellowish issue i have in my lumia 925. Nokia has to fix it.

lordbebech

Aug 7, 2013
Visit site
You are absolutely right front facing camera after AMBER is unusable, 80% of taken pictures looks like this - Simpson like, Yellow skin tone and purple around...AmberBUG.jpg.

Last edited:

Senad Klepic

Apr 1, 2013
Visit site
Yep FFC is better on my VGA Lumia 620, while we should have here 1,2MB (according to some reviews i saw that the FFC on Lumia920 is usable for selfies pictures and skype). Seems like all the Lumias (even the low end) get better support then the leader of the gang L920.

hope4wp

Jan 16, 2014
Visit site
WP_2014119_03753_HDR.jpg
I have the yellowish tint still and blurred images post black update. I used 4Blend HDR for this :) and any idea why the Image file size is in KB....too small :/ 200KB 300KB :mad: rarely it hits 2MB once in a blue moon I mean and that too with the Nokia Camera App. This pic was around 800KB (tolerable)

AndrewL920

Dec 7, 2013
Visit site
View attachment 54794
I have the yellowish tint still and blurred images post black update. I used 4Blend HDR for this :) and any idea why the Image file size is in KB....too small :/ 200KB 300KB :mad: rarely it hits 2MB once in a blue moon I mean and that too with the Nokia Camera App. This pic was around 800KB (tolerable)

Third party camera applications like 4blend and camera360 are not using high resolution pictures.

AndrewL920

Dec 7, 2013
Visit site
Yep FFC is better on my VGA Lumia 620, while we should have here 1,2MB (according to some reviews i saw that the FFC on Lumia920 is usable for selfies pictures and skype). Seems like all the Lumias (even the low end) get better support then the leader of the gang L920.

FFC is usable in Portico Update. Amber destroyed it and Black did not fix it.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
powerupgo