Lumia 920 photo quality post black update

anon(7900571)

Aug 5, 2013
Visit site
Indeed, Black is much worse. I think they are doing this deliberately so that comparisons with the 1020 or whatever look much better or so we go out and buy a newer model.

ah yes these are all market tactics , to dominate the older hardware to sell more and more new devices. Same applies on apple , I have so much frustration apple , they dominated my ipad 3 , with ios 7 they didn't gave me those frosty look and feel , air drop, its damn laggy but last week I jailbreak it install some cydia tweaks paralaxenblur,aidrop7.0+ and I got all those features , they were all disabled by apple , will never buy apple devices.i know this a camera thread but think this way ipad 2 have A5 chip with 512mb ram (no retina display) but older ipad mini have all the same specs it got all those fancy new features ; but my ipad has A5x(X=quad core graphics GPU) and 1Gb ram with retina display Bluetooth 4.0 and apple didn't gave any new look , just some **** , they stated air drop requires Bluetooth 4.0 , I used it last week and works okay. ALL MARKET TACTICS

MrWhiteman

Jul 26, 2013
Visit site
The 920 ranks 15th on DxOMark Mobile - DxOMark camera phone rankings. Beaten by the likes of the HTC 8X and Blackberry 10. Even the iPhone 4S comes 9th.

What they say about L920 photos:

Cons
Poor texture and sharpness even under bright light conditions.
Unstable white balance.
Strong color shading under some fluorescent lighting.
Colors are slightly too saturated.
Autofocus is neither stable nor repeatable for objects closer than 2m.

supershi80

Sep 27, 2013
Visit site
I'm on PORTICO,

This is the photo after PP
View attachment 55607

And this, the screenshot after taking the photo
View attachment 55608

Thanks for the confirmation that is a real issue and is a sw issue. It's great that Portico fix it and with this we can have a good workaround.
Some people in this forum, I think Nokia fanboys, can not believe that the yellow/low sharpness behaviour is a sw bug, but, with your test, another time we have the confirmation of it. Thanks :)

A MESSAGE FOR NOKIA: TAKE THE TIME TO FIX THE ISSUE IN THE NEW RELEASE OF THE FW ON WP8.1

Last edited:

MrWhiteman

Jul 26, 2013
Visit site

anon(7900571)

Aug 5, 2013
Visit site
I downgraded to Portico my Nokia Lumia 920 and I'm so happy. In my thread you can see the difference between Black and Portico; my Portico photos have more sharpness, definition, clarity...

Check this all, please: http://forums.windowscentral.com/no...way-has-been-amber-black-finally-portico.html

umm so you will stick with gdr1..ok so aren't you interested for windows phone 8.1 ? there were bugs like massive battery drain in gdr1 , they fixed them in gdr2/3. I just cant revert back to an older software just for mobile camera , I will miss glance, double tap to unlock open , manual focus , refocus app.

AndrewL920

Dec 7, 2013
Visit site
This explains the marketing strategy of Nokia. They want us to upgrade our phone. 920 is already a high end camera phone for me. We should tweet the blind Nokia Camera guy about this.

fiveaces01

Jul 24, 2013
Visit site
Have any of you tried using the camera apps for the 920 available in the store? I have installed ProShot and OneShot and use them instead of the Nokia Camera beta. Much better results I think.

MrWhiteman

Jul 26, 2013
Visit site
Have any of you tried using the camera apps for the 920 available in the store? I have installed ProShot and OneShot and use them instead of the Nokia Camera beta. Much better results I think.

They all use Nokia's camera API so there is no real difference apart from Camera360, but while the pictures are sharp in Camera360, the colours and shadows are terrible accuracy.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shelton786