Lumia 920 photo quality post black update

mccririck

Apr 2, 2014
Visit site
View attachment 60276 This one is hard to say. The final photo indeed is more clear and crisper but white balance is still wrong.

Well this one was taken in low light conditions at a high ISO so you expect more noise. What we see here is a lot of noise reduction in the post processing image, and it's put the colours off. You'd be better with the original image and doing your own noise reduction on a PC imo as the second image is lacking dynamics and contrast. I dont think the second image is crisper. It's blurred.

mccririck

Apr 2, 2014
Visit site
I must say reading this thread there seems to be a few people who are either in denial or just plain dont understand how damaging too much noise reduction can be.

alex athanasopoulos

Sep 14, 2013
Visit site
Personally my lumia 920's camera is improved. The night shots are still awesome. In daylight the yellow problem is gone but there is still a small softness problem and greenish. It's not a great deal to say that they have ruined the camera, as you can easily fix it. About the video quality, it's perfect.

mccririck

Apr 2, 2014
Visit site
Personally my lumia 920's camera is improved. The night shots are still awesome. In daylight the yellow problem is gone but there is still [/a small softness problem and greenish. It's not a great deal to say that they have ruined the camera, as you can easily fix it. About the video quality, it's perfect.

You cant fix too much noise reduction - detail has been lost and that is the reason it looks softer.

alex athanasopoulos

Sep 14, 2013
Visit site
If you photoshop you pics (make them a bit more sharp, change the white balance etc) and make small adjustments they can be improved and look like they were before being processed by the camera. But as i said i havent had any major problem with my photos and i seldom photoshop them. Now i dont know how you use your camera or if i am lucky and i dont have any issues.

I persnally use the Nokia Creative Studio. Its a very simple app and i believe its just for fixing your photos.

RavenSword

Feb 15, 2014
Visit site
Maybe I'm doing something wrong, but I don't think picture quality is very good on this phone. It seems washed out and oversaturated ir blurry. Should I be using the Nokia app or stock camera app? Am I not using a certain setting?

supershi80

Sep 27, 2013
Visit site
Maybe I'm doing something wrong, but I don't think picture quality is very good on this phone. It seems washed out and oversaturated ir blurry. Should I be using the Nokia app or stock camera app? Am I not using a certain setting?

Downgrade to Portico and you will take good photos ;-)

mccririck

Apr 2, 2014
Visit site
If you photoshop you pics (make them a bit more sharp, change the white balance etc) and make small adjustments they can be improved and look like they were before being processed by the camera. But as i said i havent had any major problem with my photos and i seldom photoshop them. Now i dont know how you use your camera or if i am lucky and i dont have any issues.

I persnally use the Nokia Creative Studio. Its a very simple app and i believe its just for fixing your photos.

You cannot reclaim detail lost through too much noise reduction.

dsmpampis

Apr 6, 2014
Visit site
Hey guys I'm new on WP and I have to say that I bought the Lumia 920 as a second phone and ofcource for the camera capabilities. I can't say to much for the camera because I'm running on Black update but the images with the Nokia camera app are awesome especially if you "play" a little bit with the settings and the night capture is beyond better than other phones. The people who said that the photos is a bit oversaturated may they have to check the settings of the display.

Tapatalked with my Lumia 920

supershi80

Sep 27, 2013
Visit site
Hey guys I'm new on WP and I have to say that I bought the Lumia 920 as a second phone and ofcource for the camera capabilities. I can't say to much for the camera because I'm running on Black update but the images with the Nokia camera app are awesome especially if you "play" a little bit with the settings and the night capture is beyond better than other phones. The people who said that the photos is a bit oversaturated may they have to check the settings of the display.

Tapatalked with my Lumia 920

Try use Nokia camera pro, see how the picture that you take change before and after the postprocessing. The big problem is the white balance that is completly wrong :-(

Maligno

Aug 4, 2013
Visit site
Hello

I have a Lumia 920 and I was getting very unsatisfied with the photo quality. I went to nokia Care center and they got it to assistance and as the repair report says they substituted the photography module. But everything is the same and i'm very unhappy with what is supposed to be a great camera phone.
Photos are blurry and faded :(

Rafael Marcondes

May 22, 2013
Visit site
So, Windows Phone 8.1 Preview for Developers is now live. Anyone planning to update and tell/show us how is the camera performing? I know it is not an update from Nokia yet but there is a new stock camera, maybe things could be different.

supershi80

Sep 27, 2013
Visit site
So, Windows Phone 8.1 Preview for Developers is now live. Anyone planning to update and tell/show us how is the camera performing? I know it is not an update from Nokia yet but there is a new stock camera, maybe things could be different.

I ask in the WP8.1 forum if is possible to install 8.1 from Portico without Amber & Black updates (but only with GDR2 & GDR3 updates). If yes, then is possible to have the Portico camera quality and 8.1 OS :)

supershi80

Sep 27, 2013
Visit site
[TIP][/TIP]
I ask in the WP8.1 forum if is possible to install 8.1 from Portico without Amber & Black updates (but only with GDR2 & GDR3 updates). If yes, then is possible to have the Portico camera quality and 8.1 OS :)

I receive the answare and is not possible to run this operation then I will wait for the Nokia Cyan to undestrand if solve the Amber/Black camera issue (if not I will remain with Portico forever :-((( )

N_LaRUE

Apr 3, 2013
Visit site
[TIP][/TIP]

I receive the answare and is not possible to run this operation then I will wait for the Nokia Cyan to undestrand if solve the Amber/Black camera issue (if not I will remain with Portico forever :-((( )

Well since the camera seems to be the ONLY thing you care about then I'll say, enjoy your pricey point and shoot camera! :) Have fun! :)

supershi80

Sep 27, 2013
Visit site
Well since the camera seems to be the ONLY thing you care about then I'll say, enjoy your pricey point and shoot camera! :) Have fun! :)

Is not the only: also manage calls, surf on the web, use the navigator, listen music, play with games, the hotspot function, use apps (skype,whatsapp,office,tune it,shazam and more and more)
Then for all of these Portico function very well (with the plus of a great camera) :)

mccririck

Apr 2, 2014
Visit site
I think it's fair enough if he really cares about photo quality. I'd love to know why Nokia wont put the Portico camera coding back into Cyan. Cant be bothered or do they want their newer phones to seem to take better photos? It wouldnt take much effort to do I'm sure.

Has anyone started a petition?

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss