Lumia 920 photo quality post black update

N_LaRUE

Apr 3, 2013
Visit site
Is not the only: also manage calls, surf on the web, use the navigator, listen music, play with games, hotspot functiom, use apps (skype,whatsapp,office,tune it,shazam and more and more)
Then for all of these Portico function very well :)

Hey, my opinion. Whatever makes you happy. If you want to stick to Portico for the camera then do so. I can really care less. :)

N_LaRUE

Apr 3, 2013
Visit site
I think it's fair enough if he really cares about photo quality. I'd love to know why Nokia wont put the Portico camera coding back into Cyan. Cant be bothered or do they want their newer phones to seem to take better photos? It's wouldnt take much effort to do I'm sure.

Who said that the Cyan update won't be better? We don't know. That's just assumption.

Also, people go on about the photos but at the end of the day, there is no modern day photo that's ever printed anywhere that hasn't been post processed in some way. RAW images are different on all digital cameras, so is the lens, the image sensor and the post processing software. Nothing is perfect and there's no such thing as a perfect photo. I don't expect fantastic photos with a point and shoot and any photos that I want to turn out great I will do something with, even with my DSLR. That's just reality.

supershi80

Sep 27, 2013
Visit site
I think it's fair enough if he really cares about photo quality. I'd love to know why Nokia wont put the Portico camera coding back into Cyan. Cant be bothered or do they want their newer phones to seem to take better photos? It wouldnt take much effort to do I'm sure.

Has anyone started a petition?

More people in official Nokia forum wrote about this issue but nokia are not interested (and ALL Lumia devices are affected...)
I think that remain only to hope in the new Nokia Cyan fw....

AndrewL920

Dec 7, 2013
Visit site
Does the wp 8.1 developer preview have some improvements in the camera algorithm of the camera? Camera improvements are the only thing I care of wp 8.1 update.

AndreStudart

Apr 29, 2013
Visit site
Does the wp 8.1 developer preview have some improvements in the camera algorithm of the camera? Camera improvements are the only thing I care of wp 8.1 update.

nope, the new stock camera app is wonderful, but the terrible post processament is still there, guess it will be only on nokia cyan update (nokia's 8.1)

MrWhiteman

Jul 26, 2013
Visit site
nope, the new stock camera app is wonderful, but the terrible post processament is still there, guess it will be only on nokia cyan update (nokia's 8.1)

Actually I think 8.1 look a little less green and the pictures are a bit sharper than black. I think the problem is almost fixed or at least getting there

Also I think that the standard Camera app takes better pictures than Nokia Camera.

Last edited:

supershi80

Sep 27, 2013
Visit site
Actually I think blacks look a little less green and the pictures are a bit sharper. I think the problem is almost fixed or at least getting there

Also I think that the standard Camera app takes better pictures than Nokia Camera.

I used for some months Black on my 920 and I can confirm that the issue there was :-( (infact I downgrade to Portico from Black)

alpha beta gaga

Mar 7, 2013
Visit site
Actually I think 8.1 look a little less green and the pictures are a bit sharper than black. I think the problem is almost fixed or at least getting there

good to hear :smile: did you find that before 8.1 or only since 8.1?

MrWhiteman

Jul 26, 2013
Visit site
good to hear :smile: did you find that before 8.1 or only since 8.1?

Since 8.1, still not as sharp as the unprocessed pic but my gf has a 920 on Black and mine just looks a bit better. Don't forget that we are still on Black though people but tbh I'm not even sure if Nokia are going to be involved much longer because of the takeover by Microsoft.

Last edited:

dsmpampis

Apr 6, 2014
Visit site
Hey guys, I just took some photos with my Nexus5 and lumia 920. On the lumia the photos have too much noise and I think are a little bit over exposed... Take a look and tell me what you think. The 4:3 are the Nexus and 16:9 the lumia.
uploadfromtaptalk1397726497029.jpguploadfromtaptalk1397726523497.jpguploadfromtaptalk1397726540407.jpguploadfromtaptalk1397726562078.jpguploadfromtaptalk1397726577548.jpguploadfromtaptalk1397726591127.jpg

Hopefully on the new update will have better results....

Edit: on the Nexus the photos are HDR+

Tapatalked with my Nexus5(aka the Hammerhead)

AndrewL920

Dec 7, 2013
Visit site
Hey guys, I just took some photos with my Nexus5 and lumia 920. On the lumia the photos have too much noise and I think are a little bit over exposed... Take a look and tell me what you think. The 4:3 are the Nexus and 16:9 the lumia.
View attachment 63261View attachment 63262View attachment 63263View attachment 63264View attachment 63265View attachment 63266

Hopefully on the new update will have better results....

Edit: on the Nexus the photos are HDR+

Tapatalked with my Nexus5(aka the Hammerhead)

I wish the blind nokia camera guy will remove post processing.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
powerupgo