Unable to download Nokia Camera (on Amber)

Muffy

Jan 10, 2014
Visit site
My wife has a 620 on Amber update - Black not yet available to me. I am in the UK, with a UK Virgin SIM. Many apps aren't available. I have a 925 and have been using Nokia Camera for a long time - I even sent my wife a link to it. When she tries to download the app it says that it is not available and the cause may be either the phone (must be Amber - it is) or the region (my 925 is on UK Vodafone and hers is UK Virgin).
Any ideas why Nokia Camera and a few other apps aren't available to the 620?

Chris

Aalok05

Nov 30, 2013
Visit site
Nokia camera is available only for windows phones having pureview camera . That is 1020 920 925 1520 1320 . And for others there is nokia camera beta. The beta version is available for all Lumias . Check it out in the store.

Muffy

Jan 10, 2014
Visit site
Nokia Camera is available after Black not Amber.
Is the 620 unlocked or is the IME tied to a carrier (check Settings -> About (it will say carrier there or be blank))
The Nokia Camera was running with Amber on my 925. Looks like it's just not available (yet) for the 620.
The phone is locked to T-Mobile (I think - I bought it from eBay and the seller said it was locked to T-mobile - my wife has it at work so I can't check), although I'm using it with a Virgin SIM.
All UK carriers say they are "Waiting for approval" for the Black update.
Nokia camera is available only for windows phones having pureview camera . That is 1020 920 925 1520 1320 . And for others there is nokia camera beta. The beta version is available for all Lumias . Check it out in the store.
I have looked and searched in the store. Nokia Camera Beta is not there for my wife's 620 either. It has Nokia Smart Cam, Nokia Glam Me, Nokia Panorama, Nokia Creative Studio, loads or 3rd party camera apps, but definitely no Nokia Camera or Nokia Camera Beta.

Chris

N_LaRUE

Apr 3, 2013
Visit site
One thing to note. If the 620 has an IME associated with a carrier then you need to wait until that carrier releases the update. Regardless if your phone is unlocked. It's country dependent as well. So wherever you may have bought that phone from you need that carrier in that country to release the update.

This is the reason why my next phone will be a country variant and completely unlocked.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rogertewarte