I've had my Lumia 620 for a few weeks now, and one thing that keeps happening is while I am in a call, my face mutes the call or puts the listener on hold. Recently I've been holding my phone at an angle away from my face in order to prevent it, but certainly it's not supposed to be this way. Is there a way to lock the touchscreen during a call, in order to prevent this, or some other solution?Or is it a problem with my particular phone?

Thanks!
    01-15-2014 06:21 AM
    I've had my Lumia 620 for a few weeks now, and one thing that keeps happening is while I am in a call, my face mutes the call or puts the listener on hold. Recently I've been holding my phone at an angle away from my face in order to prevent it, but certainly it's not supposed to be this way. Is there a way to lock the touchscreen during a call, in order to prevent this, or some other solution?Or is it a problem with my particular phone?

Thanks!
    There is a sensor that turns off display while your phone is facing your ear: proximity sensor.
    Did you get a new screen guard or something which might have affected the sensor?
    Last edited by windoors; 01-15-2014 at 07:15 AM.
    Indistinguishable likes this.
    01-15-2014 06:51 AM
    There is a sensor that turns off display while your phone is facing your ear: proximity sensor.
    Did you get a new screen guard or something which might have affected the sensor?
    I didn't. And this has been happening since the beginning. I'm only addressing it now because this is my first phone with a touch screen and I assumed the problem was with me and that I just had to get used to using it. What can I do to make the proximity sensor function properly?
    01-15-2014 11:07 PM
    I didn't. And this has been happening since the beginning. I'm only addressing it now because this is my first phone with a touch screen and I assumed the problem was with me and that I just had to get used to using it. What can I do to make the proximity sensor function properly?
    Restart your phone, if that doesn't work, restore factory settings.
    It is also possible that it is a manufacturing fault!
    01-16-2014 12:20 AM