Chances for announcement tomorrow?

johndmelvinii

Jan 16, 2014
Visit site
I just called my local store. Associate said they have not gotten a release date. He also said that they pretty much always get release dates a couple weeks before the phones are due to arrive. Didn't sound too good on my front. :(

Indistinguishable

Nov 16, 2012
Visit site
No accessories either. Not a single mention of the icon anywhere. I work for vzw but I check this site every few hours because there's nothing on our system. Like I said before, the only reason I know it exists its because my manager talked to the regional Nokia rep. He was told that the 929 would be released after the 2520. No specific date whatsoever. Nothing in our stock room either for any new deliveries, demo device or accessory.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using WPCentral Forums mobile app

Anything else you can do to dig around, bertongbadtrip? We're hurting here :grincry:

pci2k

Oct 22, 2013
Visit site
Must be a slow rollout. I know that one of the Verizon stores in the NYC Metro area got a shipment of accessories. I posted earlier that I actually got to see them, and could have bought them if I wanted to.

Matthew Moore4

Jan 12, 2014
Visit site
Sucks and starting to get frustrated. I don't expect the phone to be released today; but it sure would be nice for an official announcement, images, video, ad, etc.

jgraves1107

Dec 12, 2013
Visit site
Look ya'll need to get a grip. Verizon ain't done screwing it up with all the changes they want. Once they have it crashing 4-5 times a day it will be released. 😁

bertongbadtrip

Nov 21, 2013
Visit site
I've been looking in the system everyday since the rumors came out, but today isn't any different. We did get a shipment that hasn't been opened yet since our inventory officer has been on vacation. She's coming back tomorrow so I'll check. I read there's a store manager here on the forums who saw the OtterBox case but I haven't seen anything on my end.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using WPCentral Forums mobile app

bradm77

Oct 22, 2013
Visit site
I don't want to sound like I'm beating a dead horse, BUT..................................

If you want the latest & greatest, cutting-edge goodness in the Windows Phone world, it's AT&T or BUST.

I left Verizon in November over this crap, rocked a 1020 until the 1520 came out and man, oh man, is the 1520 one sweetly awesome device!!

Feel bad for you guys, especially those of you for whom switching to AT&T is NOT an option. :(

admorris#AC

Apr 22, 2012
Visit site
I don't want to sound like I'm beating a dead horse, BUT..................................

If you want the latest & greatest, cutting-edge goodness in the Windows Phone world, it's AT&T or BUST.

I left Verizon in November over this crap, rocked a 1020 until the 1520 came out and man, oh man, is the 1520 one sweetly awesome device!!

Feel bad for you guys, especially those of you for whom switching to AT&T is NOT an option. :(

I wouldn't feel too bad for us Verizon guys. At least we can travel outside of major cities and still get service :)

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk

snowmutt

Jul 4, 2011
Visit site
I wouldn't feel too bad for us Verizon guys. At least we can travel outside of major cities and still get service :)

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk

Hey!! Us AT&T people can too!!

Haven't you seen the commercials?? Our service ROCKS!!!

Wait... what do you mean they don't always tell the truth on TV??

Service is decent on AT&T. But living in a smaller, fairly depressed rural area there is no doubt Verizon is a much better network. It is worth waiting on the Icon especially if you travel a ton. You can depend on Big Red to have bars.

Zippier

Nov 20, 2013
Visit site
Over the Christmas season I had to travel to a small town in southern Indiana for a few days to visit the dreaded "in-laws"....okay they're good people but there's a lot of downtime. :wink: Anyway, I said it in another thread, but my Verizon LTE service in that town was better than even the in-law's cable Wi Fi . I went over my limit for the month of December (I also let my nephew tether his phone off my service as well as tethered my surface) but it was worth it.

Maybe someday AT&T and Verizon will get married and I'll get a phone with Qi charging called the 1520 mini. :grincry:

IdemanEric

Dec 23, 2013
Visit site
I am now the last man standing. 4 out of five of our lines have been replaced with Android phones in the last two weeks... Holding on by a thread here! Just having more market share than BlackBerry isn't going to cut it forever... I'd like to contribute.

Marva Solomon

Oct 22, 2013
Visit site
I gave up and bought a Samsung Galaxy Note 3 on the edge program.

I realized that I had been waiting for the Nokia Icon for 3 months... that would have already been halfway through the Edge program if I'd gotten the Note 3 in the first place.

I doubt I'll regret getting a Note 3 in any case.

jkrc717

Aug 14, 2012
Visit site

Can't say I totally disagree with this. The best Nokia phones are at AT&T. The 928 doesn't compare to the 920. There isn't even a cobalt color. It's purple.

I'm waiting on the ICON also, but much rather have a 6' screen.

As far as service, the way they lock their phones, and everything else.. I am very happy to have left AT&T.

anon(5343177)

Jun 12, 2012
Visit site
Can't say I totally disagree with this. The best Nokia phones are at AT&T. The 928 doesn't compare to the 920. There isn't even a cobalt color. It's purple.

I'm waiting on the ICON also, but much rather have a 6' screen.

As far as service, the way they lock their phones, and everything else.. I am very happy to have left AT&T.

Six foot screen! I think that is the Galaxy Note 12.

Sent from my SCH-I605 using WPCentral Forums mobile app

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
leviwilkersion