Chances for announcement tomorrow?

Matthew Moore4

Jan 12, 2014
Visit site
Yep, it's why I posted a couple of days ago about Verizon vs. ATT. I'm up for renewal with Verizon very soon, and so this it's time to "fish or cut bait;" I AM switching to Windows phone after five years with Apple/iOS... but I have to decide whether it's worth it or not to change my carrier. I'm in a large market which apparently gets pretty good service from ATT, and I'd love to get a 1520 or a 1020...

but dang. The Icon's specs and form factor hit a sweet spot, and I'd prefer not to go through the hassle of changing carriers.

dkediger

Aug 29, 2013
Visit site
I don't want to sound like I'm beating a dead horse, BUT..................................

If you want the latest & greatest, cutting-edge goodness in the Windows Phone world, it's AT&T or BUST.

I left Verizon in November over this crap, rocked a 1020 until the 1520 came out and man, oh man, is the 1520 one sweetly awesome device!!

Feel bad for you guys, especially those of you for whom switching to AT&T is NOT an option. :(

Hey! I finally hit up Verizon coming from US Cellular. Talk about a dearth of phones. Samsung or bust. Oh, they did pick up Apple products in December. That was actually pretty much the straw for me - they pretty much killed any LTE expansion for the near future to fund their Apple quest. Verizon is darn near utopia for me. LTE and phone choice! AT&T is a no go around here as well.

invertme

Dec 12, 2011
Visit site
I gave up and bought a Samsung Galaxy Note 3 on the edge program.

I realized that I had been waiting for the Nokia Icon for 3 months... that would have already been halfway through the Edge program if I'd gotten the Note 3 in the first place.

I doubt I'll regret getting a Note 3 in any case.

I'm eyeballing the note 3 also. If this phone doesn't come out in a few weeks I might get one myself.

I am demoing a One Max but I have to send it back Monday. I was really hoping the 929 would come out before my demo was up.

JDThird

Sep 19, 2013
Visit site
I pinged my Verizon business rep as well and they STILL haven't heard anything at all about any new Lumia phones. This rep is generally reliable and honest, and does a good job of taking care of me and my people, so we'll see... I'm about done holding my breath though. I want off of my iPhone 5 and IOS 7 so bad I can taste it, have wanted off ever since my rep sent me a 928 to test for a few weeks in September. But I know if I lose my patience and get something else, the next day is when they'll make the announcement. If I weren't giving my iPhone 5 to one of my guys, I would've just got the 928 already, then given that to him when the Icon comes out and upgrade again with a different line and just swap phone numbers around. We've done that before, works great. But I only have one guy on a considerably older phone... Patience.... Have to wait for Lenovo to ship my computer since December, and still don't know if they'll hit the ship date, have to wait for Verizon to release something to get me off the iPhone... And it's winter in Wisconsin... About all I need now is to own a dog and have it die and the month will be complete... ;)

airjeff

May 22, 2013
Visit site
Just an FYI, even the reps on the business accounts are clueless. We have a good relationship with Verizon, NDA with Verizon and have over 1100 lines. But I usually know about things before the rep does. That is just the way Verizon does things. We'll hear about the phone soon, the stores have the accessories. I'd say there is a slight chance for next week, but most likely the week of the 27th. Verizon usually announces about a week before release, the stores don't have devices and training hasn't happened, so a few things still need to happen.

bertongbadtrip

Nov 21, 2013
Visit site
I gave up and bought a Samsung Galaxy Note 3 on the edge program.

I realized that I had been waiting for the Nokia Icon for 3 months... that would have already been halfway through the Edge program if I'd gotten the Note 3 in the first place.

I doubt I'll regret getting a Note 3 in any case.

Starting Sunday, you can edge up after 30 days of owning your edge phone. Just have to pay the remaining 50% balance off.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
killshot4077