Glance digital clock area appears messed up

cvoffline

Jan 16, 2014
Visit site
It appears rarely and randomly and looks like it is an issue with model 925 only and I had the same experience with three different 925 devices.

When Glance is enabled and you switch off the screen by pressing the power button, the area where the clock should normally appear, it shows instead the tiles which are hidden behind the black screen. The rest of the screen is black. The strange part is that, that part of the screen behaves like the phone is not locked and you can scroll the home screen up and down.

I can't take any picture or screenshot of this bug as it last only for a few seconds and then the screen goes off. If you try to press the power button again, the lock screen appears normally.

Anyone else had the same experience?

Curtieson

Jul 26, 2011
Visit site
It appears rarely and randomly and looks like it is an issue with model 925 only and I had the same experience with three different 925 devices.

When Glance is enabled and you switch off the screen by pressing the power button, the area where the clock should normally appear, it shows instead the tiles which are hidden behind the black screen. The rest of the screen is black. The strange part is that, that part of the screen behaves like the phone is not locked and you can scroll the home screen up and down.

I can't take any picture or screenshot of this bug as it last only for a few seconds and then the screen goes off. If you try to press the power button again, the lock screen appears normally.

How often is rarely? Once a month or once a week?

It actually sounds neat looking, haha. My 920 will have a lock screen glitch maybe 1 out of 1000 locks...where the lock screen will be blank (just the pic, no time or notifications) and it will bounce when I tap but it won't slide up to unlock. I just have to tap the power button twice and it snaps out of it. I think what causes it is that I was turning off the screen as it was also going to sleep mode, so it is caught in a weird limbo.

cvoffline

Jan 16, 2014
Visit site
It could happen even twice a day ... or 2-3 times within a week but it might not happen again for another 3 weeks.

I can't really tell what could be triggering this ... and the worse is that no matter how many times it happened to me, I didn't manage to get a picture of it as it only lasts for 30 seconds (screen lock time out)

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss