Lumia Black Update Official thread India for 720

Gaurav Paul

Jul 4, 2013
Visit site
Thing is though the Black Update isn't a very big package as an update for the Lumia 720 at least.

- Glance Notifs (Which won't work if used along side glance background)
- Glance Screen Colours
- Camera Improvements
- DTTW ( The one I'm most looking forward to)

As for those who don't already have the preview version of GDR 3, some of the significant changes are
- Screen Rotation Lock
- Tap "X" to close app
- Driving Mode
- Custom Ringtones
- Restore over WiFi after hard reset (will give this a try sometime later)

The 720 already got bluetooth 4.0 LE with Amber so didn't mention it earlier. This isn't a very significant update package. So, I guess I'll wait for OTA and not update using NSU this time. I'm actually not bummed at the fact that the 520 will probably receive the update before the 720.

Arpit Mittal

Aug 8, 2013
Visit site
Dttw????
thing is though the black update isn't a very big package as an update for the lumia 720 at least.

- glance notifs (which won't work if used along side glance background)
- glance screen colours
- camera improvements
- dttw ( the one i'm most looking forward to)

as for those who don't already have the preview version of gdr 3, some of the significant changes are
- screen rotation lock
- tap "x" to close app
- driving mode
- custom ringtones
- restore over wifi after hard reset (will give this a try sometime later)

the 720 already got bluetooth 4.0 le with amber so didn't mention it earlier. This isn't a very significant update package. So, i guess i'll wait for ota and not update using nsu this time. I'm actually not bummed at the fact that the 520 will probably receive the update before the 720.

bawajose

Jul 28, 2013
Visit site
Thing is though the Black Update isn't a very big package as an update for the Lumia 720 at least.

- Glance Notifs (Which won't work if used along side glance background)
- Glance Screen Colours
- Camera Improvements
- DTTW ( The one I'm most looking forward to)

As for those who don't already have the preview version of GDR 3, some of the significant changes are
- Screen Rotation Lock
- Tap "X" to close app
- Driving Mode
- Custom Ringtones
- Restore over WiFi after hard reset (will give this a try sometime later)

The 720 already got bluetooth 4.0 LE with Amber so didn't mention it earlier. This isn't a very significant update package. So, I guess I'll wait for OTA and not update using NSU this time. I'm actually not bummed at the fact that the 520 will probably receive the update before the 720.

Thing is.... Most guys including me always love updates even if it is just a bug fix..Lol

Arpit Mittal

Aug 8, 2013
Visit site
Nokia Camera is available for Lumia 720 without black update, so my sixth sense or guts feeling saying Update Black for Lumia 720 in India will be available in 1-2 days, hope for best.

Jonathanmr7

Jul 8, 2013
Visit site
How can download black on the pc? with Nokia data package manager only search amber not black, any help? i tried with diferents product codes (france, india and others) and nothing just amber! :(

Gaurav Paul

Jul 4, 2013
Visit site
but some people have black now and the web of Nokia say france: 720 available and same with black on india...(with 520)

You can download the firmware available for a different region and install it on your device using Navifirm. But I'd recommend not doing so. Patience is virtue. Its only matter of time that it will be available. A week I recon by the looks of it.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vascro