Lumia Black Update Official thread India for 720

EpicIncognitO

Jul 1, 2013
Visit site
And now i just found out that this update is more useful for me than amber. Upon full charge. And that too with double tap on lol 👍👌 Expected 1day21hours whereas after amber 1day12hours and when I bought the phone it was 1day18hours. That's why I hated amber. I love Lumia black update.

IShan Bhardwaj

Sep 25, 2013
Visit site
some of my live tiles are not updating including 6tag and bing news after black update. i have also reinstalled the apps and my background tasks has 6tag , awesome lock, bing news,facbook, whatsapp allowed. and i hv not installed any new application recently

EpicIncognitO

Jul 1, 2013
Visit site
Okay this is surprising but my battery backup has really almost doubled after the black update, on wifi it is outstanding, showing 2 days 8 hours on full charge. Arent we supposed to get new ringtones from Black update?

Gaurav Paul

Jul 4, 2013
Visit site
Those are basically estimates and not really the actual back up time. The backup time varies from usage. I've noticed a slight drop in my battery backup. Or maybe I've been playing too much games on it. Or maybe both.

Gaurav Paul

Jul 4, 2013
Visit site
Nope. Just checked. No arrows on the Wifi notif icon. Tried downloading a game through wifi with mobile data active. As posted sometime ago in the site, I didn't see that in my 720 and 920.

se7en20

Jan 30, 2014
Visit site
Hello everyone! Black update for 720 here in our country hasn't arrived yet. Since you guys from India already got the update and this thread is so active, I've decided to seek answers here. I just want to know if double tap to wake really drains battery and also the new glance. I badly need these features but I'm afraid it can be bad for the battery. Please let me know. Thanks!

Gaurav Paul

Jul 4, 2013
Visit site
Actually insider did show that the backup has increased along with lesser discharge rate even with 2G on.

Ahh that's the thing you see. If you keep 2G on at all times it doesn't drain as much battery than 3G. I keep my 3G data on at all times and hence experience lower battery backup than many other users.

Gaurav Paul

Jul 4, 2013
Visit site
Hello everyone! Black update for 720 here in our country hasn't arrived yet. Since you guys from India already got the update and this thread is so active, I've decided to seek answers here. I just want to know if double tap to wake really drains battery and also the new glance. I badly need these features but I'm afraid it can be bad for the battery. Please let me know. Thanks!

Be it Glance or Glance 2.0, it doesn't make any difference in the 720 because its an IPS LCD screen and not an AMOLED screen. That means in Glance mode unlike AMOLED devices, the entire screen is 'on'; but albeit at a very very low brightness. AMOLED devices light up only the portion on screen that needs to be displayed. Hence the new Glance notifs donot affect battery backup in any scenarios.

As for DTTW, it does drain the battery. But its negligible. I keep it on and its a treat to use.

Davinder Brar

Feb 4, 2014
Visit site
Open navifirm + & type 059S3M8 in search box.
now download this frimware,
its a black update (version-3056.40000.1349.2004) of france
after download just flash it with nokia care suite

EpicIncognitO

Jul 1, 2013
Visit site
Well frankly telling you DTTW is best the feature I have got from this update really! And the battery loss is negligible to say. Just 1 hour in the 24 hours. I prefer this over glance.
Be it Glance or Glance 2.0, it doesn't make any difference in the 720 because its an IPS LCD screen and not an AMOLED screen. That means in Glance mode unlike AMOLED devices, the entire screen is 'on'; but albeit at a very very low brightness. AMOLED devices light up only the portion on screen that needs to be displayed. Hence the new Glance notifs donot affect battery backup in any scenarios.

As for DTTW, it does drain the battery. But its negligible. I keep it on and its a treat to use.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hetb