Lumia Black Update Official thread India for 720

Gaurav Saini1

Feb 3, 2014
Visit site
i have lumia 720....bought just 20 days ago...
but iam not able to update lumia black through wifi.....its stuck on "checking for updates 0%..."
i went to nokia care they said that i will have to wait for two weeks and then i can get my lumia updated from nokia care.....but i want to use it asap... :(*
please help...someone...plzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

ashu11sharma

Jun 17, 2012
Visit site
1) Use 1 Mbps connection (i.e. fast internet connection)
2) Nokia care normally takes 2-3 hours to update phone. Try out some other nokia dealer. Or take it to the place you purchased your phone and ask them to do it for free.
for 1Mbps connection, it'll take only 30-40 mins to download the update and 10-20 mins to update the phone.
Dont worry your phone will be updated.
In case you have 3g, use it to download the update. And in 2G you'll not be able to download updates.

EpicIncognitO

Jul 1, 2013
Visit site
Mate I have 256 kbps on my wifi at home and its fast enough to update my phone and I have also updated my phone via 2G. I guess the speed doesnt matter here, what matters is the consistency of the bandwidth and connection. If the connection is interrupted it will not download. You dont need a 1 MBPS you need a stable internet connection. Good enough :)
1) Use 1 Mbps connection (i.e. fast internet connection)
2) Nokia care normally takes 2-3 hours to update phone. Try out some other nokia dealer. Or take it to the place you purchased your phone and ask them to do it for free.
for 1Mbps connection, it'll take only 30-40 mins to download the update and 10-20 mins to update the phone.
Dont worry your phone will be updated.
In case you have 3g, use it to download the update. And in 2G you'll not be able to download updates.

giorgio_24

Feb 7, 2014
Visit site
1 mounts ago my 720 get the Black Version and its not a big deal...not big diference between Amber and Black ....

Sent from my RM-885_eu_italy_278 using Tapatalk

Gaurav Paul

Jul 4, 2013
Visit site
1 mounts ago my 720 get the Black Version and its not a big deal...not big diference between Amber and Black ....

Sent from my RM-885_eu_italy_278 using Tapatalk

Mate are you drunk?

I'm assuming you were enrolled in the GDR3 Preview program. The official changelod for GDR3+ Black is as follows:

GDR3 features
-Accessibility. Several improvements for customers who are visually impaired.
-Storage. Now you can easily free up storage space on your phone and manage temporary files. New categories show what?s taking up space.
-Driving Mode. Feeling distracted behind the wheel? Driving Mode allows you to minimize incoming calls and text messages to help you focus on the road.
-Screen. Reading emails in bed? You can lock your screen orientation so it doesn?t shift when you move your phone around.
-Wi-Fi. Start preserving cellular data on your phone right out of the box?you can now connect to Wi-Fi during set up.
-Internet sharing. Now you can use your phone?s cellular data connection from your Microsoft Windows 8.1 devices by pairing them over Bluetooth.
-Bluetooth. Several fixes were made to address known issues, and improvements were made to connection quality for Bluetooth accessories.
-Ringtones. Do more with ringtones now. Assign ringtones for text messages, so you?ll know who?s texting you without even looking. Use your custom ringtones for more things?text messages, instant messages, emails, voicemail, and reminders.
-App switcher. Don?t look back. Now you can use the App switcher to quickly close apps when you?re finished with them.
Other improvements. Includes many other improvements to Windows Phone.

Lumia Black features
-Glance Screen ? green, blue, and red colors
-Glance Screen ? notifications
-RAW Camera support for Lumia 1020 and Lumia 1520
-Bluetooth 4.0 LE
-New camera algorithms
-App folders
-Improved Nokia beamer app

EpicIncognitO

Jul 1, 2013
Visit site
Good God you atleast understood what he wrote. I didnt care.
Mate are you drunk?

I'm assuming you were enrolled in the GDR3 Preview program. The official changelod for GDR3+ Black is as follows:

GDR3 features
-Accessibility. Several improvements for customers who are visually impaired.
-Storage. Now you can easily free up storage space on your phone and manage temporary files. New categories show what’s taking up space.
-Driving Mode. Feeling distracted behind the wheel? Driving Mode allows you to minimize incoming calls and text messages to help you focus on the road.
-Screen. Reading emails in bed? You can lock your screen orientation so it doesn’t shift when you move your phone around.
-Wi-Fi. Start preserving cellular data on your phone right out of the box—you can now connect to Wi-Fi during set up.
-Internet sharing. Now you can use your phone’s cellular data connection from your Microsoft Windows 8.1 devices by pairing them over Bluetooth.
-Bluetooth. Several fixes were made to address known issues, and improvements were made to connection quality for Bluetooth accessories.
-Ringtones. Do more with ringtones now. Assign ringtones for text messages, so you’ll know who’s texting you without even looking. Use your custom ringtones for more things—text messages, instant messages, emails, voicemail, and reminders.
-App switcher. Don’t look back. Now you can use the App switcher to quickly close apps when you’re finished with them.
Other improvements. Includes many other improvements to Windows Phone.

Lumia Black features
-Glance Screen – green, blue, and red colors
-Glance Screen – notifications
-RAW Camera support for Lumia 1020 and Lumia 1520
-Bluetooth 4.0 LE
-New camera algorithms
-App folders
-Improved Nokia beamer app

abc1982

Feb 10, 2014
Visit site
Hi,

i updated my Lumia 720 to black update 2 days back (strangely i just pressed the update button, despite the website saying Waiting for approval' for India, and it updated). Now, my phone microphone is not working at all. Tried through the voice recorder also. Only a pronounced 'buzz' appears. Anyone else having this issue? Alternatively, Could this be a hardware issue? Please help!

anubhav756

Sep 25, 2013
Visit site
My phone says it's up to date when I check for updates...despite the black update is available in india,..ny idea y or how to solve...im in delhi...

EpicIncognitO

Jul 1, 2013
Visit site
Yes that's the way it works, you will get the update as soon as it goes live in Dubai. Because it is linked to the Dubai OTA regional restrictions.
yep...all my apps are upto date....I purchased this phone from dubai...and im in india...so is there a chance that when the update comes to dubai then only will i receive it..??

arjun_85

Feb 23, 2014
Visit site
does the app folder need to be installed via app store? also my OS version has been given as " 8.0.10517.150 " , does this stand for GDR2 ? M sort of new when it comes to these stuffs. I know that i have the lumia black update in my 720 though.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
quicktravo