Losing warranty

infestedd

Sep 26, 2013
Visit site
well, i have an lumia 1020 with 64gb from an local carrier. This carrier (vivo, o2 in uk) seens to take some time to release updates... so i think i will be seeing black in a month or so. The problem is that i dont want to wait to mutch :unhappy:
My phone still have an one year full warranty... So i want to know two things in fact:
1) will i lose my warranty, if i flash an not modified firmware? (lumia black for country variant is already released, thats the one i would flash.)
This brings an old discussion, from an old phone atrix, that had exactly the same problem, an update that took longer to be released for the carrier. Back there, we came to an conclusion (and seens that people who have changed the firmware HAVE received support on warranty) That changing the firmware, to an OFFICIAL one, dont mean lose warranty. What you guys think?

The seccond question, would be: if i flash the country variant firmware, when my carrier releases the black, will i be able to install the black carrier variant over the country variant?

Thanks!

N_LaRUE

Apr 3, 2013
Visit site
I'm confused...

According to the site: Availability in Europe - Nokia

All 1020 models from the UK are released already for Black if your model is from O2 it was one of the first released. So does your carrier say O2 or something else in About?

Also, far as I know, I think the vast majority of the 1020 and 925 have been released for Black around the world. So I'm not sure why you haven't got the update yet.

infestedd

Sep 26, 2013
Visit site
there is no black for it, but it is vivo variant! its only not displayed on the site. it has carrier logo when it turns on and everything, you can see other models, like 925 displaying vivo variant, how do i take screenshot from my phone screen? i think my bad english is making things dificult =/

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hetb