Have you FLASHED from rm-820 to rm-821 and got the BLACK update?

fiveaces01

Jul 24, 2013
Visit site
I am running the gdr3 preview for developers (rogers rm-820 can) and want to know if it is possible to flash to the French rm-821 in order to get the Black Update?

xandros9

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
I flashed my US ATT 920 to the Rogers ROM and immediately to the French one as per the instructions in the thread regarding it. (for Amber)
A while after the flash, I have received Black a couple days ago.

hfcas

Oct 30, 2012
Visit site
I've been thinking about doing that. I have a developer L920 from build 2012, now running ATT developer rom , with GDR3 preview. @xandros9 could you please provide more details, like which rom you were using and flashed to which Rogers rom, things like that? It could be a enjoyable way to kill time during the weekends. :)

epzelli

Aug 29, 2013
Visit site
I already have the Rogers Rom with the GDR3 update. Was thinking of flashing over to French ROM. Do you have the number associated with the ROM. And do you have any problems with the French ROM with the Black update.

xandros9

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
I believe this is the uber-thread on flashing different ROMs to the 920.
It's not as custom and expansive as Android ROM's, but its something.

http://forums.windowscentral.com/no...-other-country-920-w-official-gdr2-amber.html
but the thread's gotten quite the update since I last saw it.

When I got my paws on my 920 around September/October, it had the stock pre-Amber/GDR2 AT&T ROM. Wanting Amber and Data Sense, I flashed to Rogers, then to the French ROM because I didn't like the rogers boot logo. As per the instructions.

hfcas

Oct 30, 2012
Visit site
I guess we are curious about the code number of the French ROM. and will it be a issue since we are downgrading from GDR3 to GDR2?
I believe this is the uber-thread on flashing different ROMs to the 920.
It's not as custom and expansive as Android ROM's, but its something.

http://forums.windowscentral.com/no...-other-country-920-w-official-gdr2-amber.html
but the thread's gotten quite the update since I last saw it.

When I got my paws on my 920 around September/October, it had the stock pre-Amber/GDR2 AT&T ROM. Wanting Amber and Data Sense, I flashed to Rogers, then to the French ROM because I didn't like the rogers boot logo. As per the instructions.

hfcas

Oct 30, 2012
Visit site
Just did it. Got Black on my L920. To be clear, I was on Att Developer rom 059R2L5 with GDR3 Preview and directly flashed it to French rom 059Q8C2. And I GOT BLACK!!! HAHAHA
I've been thinking about doing that. I have a developer L920 from build 2012, now running ATT developer rom , with GDR3 preview. @xandros9 could you please provide more details, like which rom you were using and flashed to which Rogers rom, things like that? It could be a enjoyable way to kill time during the weekends. :)

blistirs

Dec 12, 2012
Visit site
When you updated to Black, did you lose the internet sharing hack when you had the ATT Developer Rom? I read that some had lose theirs when upgrading to Black.
Just did it. Got Black on my L920. To be clear, I was on Att Developer rom 059R2L5 with GDR3 Preview and directly flashed it to French rom 059Q8C2. And I GOT BLACK!!! HAHAHA

Dizzymash

Oct 16, 2013
Visit site
I lost internet sharing with the hack. One person didn't update the access point software after the black update and said the internet sharing still worked.

geoghotas

Jul 11, 2013
Visit site
you can flash same model with same different RM but you cannot flash same RM to another wp model RM Means hardware if you flash 920 Rm to any other wp you ill might have dead phone...

MyThIc3LiTe

Jun 21, 2013
Visit site
I have RM-821_eu_euro1_425 with Amber, on a unlocked pentaband Rogers device, on Wind Mobile. I've gotten no notice of update or anything yet, is there any dev rom I can flash to my phone that would preserve the pentaband AWS?

hfcas

Oct 30, 2012
Visit site
Guess not. You just have to wait.
I have RM-821_eu_euro1_425 with Amber, on a unlocked pentaband Rogers device, on Wind Mobile. I've gotten no notice of update or anything yet, is there any dev rom I can flash to my phone that would preserve the pentaband AWS?

dameon_03

Apr 12, 2012
Visit site
i flashed my att 920 a couple of months ago to the french rom to get the amber update and last week i did get an update for black which i installed with no problems without having the dev preview

epzelli

Aug 29, 2013
Visit site
@dameon3- Do you have any problems with the French ROM? And do you know if you can flash back to an ATT ROM or Rogers ROM after flashing to the French ROM?

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DrPendragon