deleting images

Ben Newnam

Jan 17, 2014
Visit site
Hi all.

Just wondering how I delete images from the phone?

I use the windows phone app on my Mac but it when I delete all the images via the app it still shows that there is still images on the phone even though my camera roll on the actual phone shows no images.

It's still showing 7GB worth of images on the windows phone app when the phone is connected to the app.

I even deleted all media content and it still shows it.

Cheers,
Ben

WanderingTraveler

Dec 23, 2012
Visit site
Whoa there. Chances are you haven't deleted the full resolution photos yet, or you have an abnormal amount if saved pictures and screenshots.

If you're able to browse your phones files using any file explorer, you should navigate Toa folder named images/photos, and manually delete the photos from the album (Camera Roll).
That or you delete the screenshots and saved photos on the phone itself.

When that fails, you soft reset (it may be a bug) or hard reset (it is a bug!)

Hard resetting is your last resort and only your last resort, though.

Ben Newnam

Jan 17, 2014
Visit site
Thanks Wandering Traveler. I worked it out. For some reason I had to delete the images in iPhoto first, then remove all media content from the phone, using the Windows Phone app, under the option of Device Options.

From now on I will bypass the Windows Phone app and just use the Nokia Photo Transfer app, that way I will avoid having to use iPhoto. Because all I want to do is save the RAW files to an external hard drive for later use & of course I have to clear the phone from images otherwise it will be full in no time.

Cheers,
Ben

Ben Newnam

Jan 17, 2014
Visit site
Even though I worked out that iPhoto was hindering getting rid of the high rez images on the phone, another problem I encountered was that after finally getting rid of all the images on the phone by removing all the phones images in iPhoto then removing all media content from the phone using the Windows Phone app, I tried taking another RAW photo.

This time I bypassed the Windows Phone app and transferred the RAW file and 5mg jpeg of the same image directly to the computer.

I then went back and deleted the image using the Windows Phone app. It deleted the 5mb jpeg no problem, hence why it wasn't showing on the phone. So according to the Windows Phone app my phone had no images on it, even though the green images guide had increased in total size.

I went back to the Nokia Photo Transfer app and it found the one RAW image, with no 5mg jpeg, as the Windows Phone app had removed that file. Which basically means the Windows Media app won't delete the RAW files.

The only way I can remove the RAW files is by removing all media content, which is a pain because every time I want to download my RAW files and format my camera roll it also deletes the music library and all other media.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JoshRos