Black update lumia 620

Dantekai14

Apr 7, 2013
Visit site
the rollout to existing devices began in January. See this article :

Lumia 620 Black update finally gets underway in select markets - Nokia Lumia 620 Black update finally gets underway in select markets | Windows Phone Central app link: wpcentral:show?article=nokia-lumia-620-black-update

That's not a good logic.
Black update is available since Nov. It doesn't matter when it start rolling. It's been 3 months already and only 2 countries got GDR3 which is a very bad sign.
Do you have an idea how much time it will take more to make it available to all counties?
My guess atleast 2 months more.

Dantekai14

Apr 7, 2013
Visit site
It will come guys, don't worry. Just have some patience..

Also, I suggest you don't download dev preview at all as it may void your warranty.

Hahaha...
If I have patience, then I'll choose Android any day over WP.
but
it's look like WP is becoming more like Android. Just wait and see how much WP8.1 will take to come on L620.

LeeVanCleef

Feb 27, 2014
Visit site
I flashed with Netherlands Firmware. Then Update via OTA. Finally, I installed all apps that I use and voila! Black! :D

Did you (or anyone who flashed phone) experienced any difference in theme colours? I flashed my 620 form Hungarian to Netherlands Firmware yesterday, installed black and after that theme colours look lot lighter and less vivid. I am not sure if problem started after installing firmware or after updating. Any help would be appreciated!

mesamit

Jul 12, 2013
Visit site
That's not a good logic.
Black update is available since Nov. It doesn't matter when it start rolling. It's been 3 months already and only 2 countries got GDR3 which is a very bad sign.
Do you have an idea how much time it will take more to make it available to all counties?
My guess atleast 2 months more.

Except 6 countries...all of the countries in middle east region has got black update in 620
Availability in Middle East - Nokia

Dantekai14

Apr 7, 2013
Visit site
Did you (or anyone who flashed phone) experienced any difference in theme colours? I flashed my 620 form Hungarian to Netherlands Firmware yesterday, installed black and after that theme colours look lot lighter and less vivid. I am not sure if problem started after installing firmware or after updating. Any help would be appreciated!

Start with reset.
If problem is still then re-flash your device again.
and if that wouldn't solve your problem then last resort - Nokia Service Center

Dantekai14

Apr 7, 2013
Visit site
Except 6 countries...all of the countries in middle east region has got black update in 620
Availability in Middle East - Nokia

When I checked last time it was only 2 then.
and
To be honest I only care when my country got Black update.

Well, I already lose my excitement towards Black update. Even If I got it it wouldn't make me happy at all.
because WP 8.1 got my full attention for now.

That's is why Black Update is late because the time it release it already lose it's value and excitement .

Kaushik Dash

Oct 5, 2013
Visit site
Hahaha...
but
it's look like WP is becoming more like Android. Just wait and see how much WP8.1 will take to come on L620.
I haven't seen a single budget android device that constantly receives updates even after a year of its release. 620 does and until 2016. You should be happy.

mpt15

Apr 5, 2013
Visit site
Hahaha...
but

for the last time.... If MS releases a dev preview for 8.1 just the way they did for gdr3, then you can get it as soon as its out, which may be April. You won't need the black firmware to get 8.1.
Microsoft releases are not delayed. You could get gdr3 last year Nov or Dec, I can't recall. Yes, you could get it for your Lumia 620 as early as then.

You seem to have made up your mind so there's no point if telling you anything. The bottomline is this: the software release of gdr3 from Microsoft has been available for a while to anyone who wants to download it for free. Nokia has been rolling out black for existing devices since January. And you will get it when others do.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
leviwilkersion