Black update lumia 620

Gaurav Paul

Jul 4, 2013
Visit site
I wish that by some miracle FM radio also gets enabled in the black update :-o

They don't have the Radio chip installed in the hardware. Other Lumias had the hardware and now enjoy Radio after Amber. Its a shame though when Nokia said all Lumia devices will receive the update in January.

I guess since 620 has a smaller user base, it is receiving the update at last. Makes sense because the 520 received the update before 720. I recon that within the next two weeks, Black update will be available for all Lumia Devices.

Mohamed Ashid

Nov 10, 2013
Visit site
They don't have the Radio chip installed in the hardware. Other Lumias had the hardware and now enjoy Radio after Amber. Its a shame though when Nokia said all Lumia devices will receive the update in January.

I guess since 620 has a smaller user base, it is receiving the update at last. Makes sense because the 520 received the update before 720. I recon that within the next two weeks, Black update will be available for all Lumia Devices.

620 has the radio chip in hardware. All lumias have it.

Mohamed Ashid

Nov 10, 2013
Visit site
They did not bring radio to 620 because when we remove the back cover the headphone port gets seperated from phone and therefore some problems.

anon(7900571)

Aug 5, 2013
Visit site
Along with Lumia 810 and 928, this model will not get the FM Radio support upon updating to Windows Phone "Amber".Reasons range from the model not having the FM radio chip[7] to the design of the casing (and earphone plug) not supporting the connection for the antenna required

Source :- http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nokia_Lumia_620

Sent from my iPad using WPCentral Forums mobile app

Last edited:
Jul 31, 2013
Visit site
Still waiting for approval for India.......Lumia 720 shows coming soon,but they have already provided them the update......Nokia guyzz,at least update the site!!! :/

Lohith Harris

Jan 29, 2014
Visit site
Seem so.we are unlucky.... I am daily visiting the site for approval......cant wait to see Double Tap on my phone.Many ppl are praising about battery performance But..That is must on our phone LOL...

Sakitumi

Jan 29, 2014
Visit site
Even if the Nokia.com is not updated for Romania, the Lumia 520 showing "coming soon" got the update for the Country Variant. Nice. Not nice for those with Lumia 620 no matter which variant :)

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bevitalglucopre