Black update lumia 620

Sakitumi

Jan 29, 2014
Visit site
Me being anxious about the lack of update for my 620 does not really matter as long as Nokia proceeded fairly with the update release in the order of price and then sales numbers. Now I understand Nokia's policy: first those which paid a high price (or got stuck with a really expensive plan for 1, 2, 3 years) for their Lumias 920 and above and then those which are constituting the vast majority of Lumia users, the ones that bought the 520. I am waiting patiently for my turn.

Sakitumi

Jan 29, 2014
Visit site
Does anyone know if we also get the WiFi activity arrows on the WiFi icon after black?
If you mean the arrows indicating upload and dowlod traffic via Wifi? No, I do not think so. But does it matter? To me its just a "gimmick". Did I spelled correctly the word gimmick?

Gaurav Paul

Jul 4, 2013
Visit site
Well I surely hope the update is rolled out soon for all devices. It was already cruel that Amber was delayed for many Lumia devices. We really don't want that happening for Black.

Although in fair comparison, Black did roll out quite smoothly so far as compared to Amber. I had to wait almost for 2 months. For Black it was less than a month. But still I believe this scenario can and should be improved. Lot of anxious users waiting for the update here.

Kaushik Dash

Oct 5, 2013
Visit site
Emailed Nokia. This was their reply.

In response to your email, I would like to inform you that the presently Lumia Black update is not availale for Nokia Lumia 620. Any update in this regard will be posted on our Nokia Official Website i.e. Cell Phones and Smartphones - Nokia - USA

To get the pop up notification of update in your device kindly follow the below mentioned steps:

(Menu> Settings> Phone Update >Notify me when update is available)

Further, Whenever the update is availble you can update it. Kindly take backup of your device before updating your device software:

Start screen > Settings > Select content for Backup

Further, I request you kindly get your device fully charged and than check for the update.

Note:- I would like to update you that that Lumia Black update can be only downloaded through Wi-Fi OTA(Over The Air) in your Nokia device not with data connection.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lolz1234