Black update lumia 620

Vishal Kaushal

Sep 27, 2013
Visit site
I don't have gdr3 and neither black update ..and I don't want the hassle of dev preview ..just give the f***ing black so that I get the gdr3 with the update.. Annoyed!!

Jul 31, 2013
Visit site
I don't have gdr3 and neither black update ..and I don't want the hassle of dev preview ..just give the f***ing black so that I get the gdr3 with the update.. Annoyed!!
I would advise you to go ahead with the preview, as it gives all the features of the update except double tap to wake, which is surely not worth waiting for, as it will be available for all phones with the 8.1 update.

Kaushik Dash

Oct 5, 2013
Visit site
NO IT WON"T VOID YOUR WARRARNTY , stop spreading this hoax news :)
who told you that? If it's a carrier locked device then warranty may get void. But as for country variant models the warranty will still be there.

Get GDR3 today: Microsoft announces Windows Phone Preview for Developers | Windows Phone Central

Any catches?

There are only a few caveats users face by participating

• This only includes the OS update, not device specific firmware i.e. this is not Nokia's 'Bittersweet shimmer'; users should remain with their current firmware and will not lose it

• You can only move forward, there is no ?going back? to earlier releases
  • You need at least OS version 8.0.10322.71 to participate
  • You will continue to receive the official update (and firmware) when they become publicly available, so there is no missing out of features, nor will you ever be behind
  • This will void your device warranty

Good luck, I warned you.

Roman Ekaterininsky

Jul 16, 2013
Visit site
Can anyone connect their 620 to a PC and check for Black firmware from NSU or Nokia Software Recovery Tool? Thanks!

Nokia Software Recovery Tool is an evolution of Nokia Software Updater for Retail? I has 4.1.0 version an it asks to update my phone to my current Amber build (3046.0000.1329.2004). NaviFirm+ shows nothing (I has an account and getting messages about the new firmwares. Everyday something new. 520 & 720 getting new Blacks every day (for different countries and carriers). Also today was firmwares for 208 and C2-01).

anon(7900571)

Aug 5, 2013
Visit site
Get GDR3 today: Microsoft announces Windows Phone Preview for Developers | Windows Phone Central

Any catches?

There are only a few caveats users face by participating

This only includes the OS update, not device specific firmware i.e. this is not Nokia's 'Bittersweet shimmer'; users should remain with their current firmware and will not lose it
You can only move forward, there is no ?going back? to earlier releases
You need at least OS version 8.0.10322.71 to participate
You will continue to receive the official update (and firmware) when they become publicly available, so there is no missing out of features, nor will you ever be behind
This will void your device warranty

Good luck, I warned you.

You are very much CONFUSED Here. Hahaha
I own a lumia 920 and I am developer ;) so I know what will void my device warranty
By getting involved in developer preview is :-getting the official OS update from Microsoft , which you will get along with black update m it's not bitter sweet shimmer , that was a code name for black firmware , os 8.0.10322.71is gdr2 , you yourself said You will continue to receive the official update (and firmware) when they become publicly available, so there is no missing out of features, nor will you ever be behind"
Nokia black update is not and will never be part of dev preview. Actually these dev preview are somewhat final build , nokia release them them firmware updates but one can get this before firmware update is seeded by nokia , in other words you can get the os update for Microsoft and later when nokia seeds the firmware update you will also get the firmware update. Same goes for windows phone 8.1 , I have contacted many nokia customer care support users , and they have reported this and SAFE , you are downloading anything unofficial. You are not jailbreaking your device , you are actually installing the os update.

Sent from my iPad using WPCentral Forums

Kaushik Dash

Oct 5, 2013
Visit site
I didn't quite understand what you just said but here it goes.

I know what Bittersweet shimmer is. I have no idea what made you think that I am talking about Bittersweet Shimmer or Lumia Black cause I am not.

It won't be called the official update, nor a beta update. It's just the prerelease update for the developers to test their apps on.
What I am saying is that it clearly says that updating to GDR3 preview will void your warrenty. Its preview, not the consumer copy.
Ofcourse, the Nokia people will say that it's safe as it won't brick your device or cause bugs, as it's not a beta but prerelease, its for the developers.

I just gave my warning. If you want to install dev preview, fine you can do it.

anon(7900571)

Aug 5, 2013
Visit site
I didn't quite understand what you just said but here it goes.

I know what Bittersweet shimmer is. I have no idea what made you think that I am talking about Bittersweet Shimmer or Lumia Black cause I am not.

It won't be called the official update, nor a beta update. It's just the prerelease update for the developers to test their apps on.
What I am saying is that it clearly says that updating to GDR3 preview will void your warrenty. Its preview, not the consumer copy.
Ofcourse, the Nokia people will say that it's safe as it won't brick your device or cause bugs, as it's not a beta but prerelease, its for the developers.

I just gave my warning. If you want to install dev preview, fine you can do it.

developers have sdk to test apps ;) and this program was announced by Microsoft when windows phone 8 was showcased so that in countries like USA,UK, one can easily bypass the carrier restrictions , I.e one can easily update its phone without affecting warranty. Can you tell me or give me a link where it states this will void your warranty ?
You know what you are confused or misleading the preview word. It was release as a preview but all the users get the official update after installing this. I am running the leanest windows phone 8 GDR3 update with nokia black firmware , I have replaced my device this jan due to some sound issues , they happily replaced it. Beta always doesn't mean its a hog

Sent from my iPad using WPCentral Forums

Roman Ekaterininsky

Jul 16, 2013
Visit site
So there is no Black update on 21 or 24 of February even with India time. But the Nokia Careline said it has been certified since 20th feb. Damn that marketing delays, availability and stuff :angry:

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Duouser3