Black update lumia 620

alexloe

Jun 10, 2013
Visit site
Hello, I just registered in this forum to add some comments to this thread. I'm from Spain and I have bought a Lumia 620 imported from Germany this Christmas. It was working fine using the most popular operators (Vodafone, Movistar, Orange...) but when I tried to use a Virtual Mobile Phone Operator (OMVs at Spain) the phone always shows the roaming triangle. Then I flashed the Spain country variant version and everything goes fine again with the virtual operator, ONO in my case.

So, I only want to say: if you are using a non common operator and you flash another country variant version like Netherlands, you could get some roaming issues. Then, from my point of view, I prefer to wait for my country variant version.

By the way, I have been reading a lot of comments on Internet about how to disable the damn triangle and there is not a clear answer (or I have not found it). If you are using a non global operator and you have an imported phone, please replace your firmware with your country variant version to get the list of operators for your country. Problem solved!

Regards!!

ONO uses a different MNC in IMSI than the Movistar MNC. That's the reason why the triangle is shown.

In Spanish variant 059S040 there is a special setting in oemcustomazation.xml:

- <Component ComponentName="RoamingFilter">
- <SettingsGroup>
<Setting CustomName="Value000" Name="Home PLMN Code" Value="214" />
<Setting CustomName="Value006" Name="Target Imsi Code" Value="214,22" />
<Setting CustomName="Value005" Name="Target Imsi Code" Value="214,21" />
<Setting CustomName="Value004" Name="Target Imsi Code" Value="214,18" />
<Setting CustomName="Value003" Name="Target Imsi Code" Value="214,08" />
<Setting CustomName="Value002" Name="Target Imsi Code" Value="214,06" />
<Setting CustomName="Value001" Name="Target Imsi Code" Value="214,05" />
<Setting CustomName="Value000" Name="Target Imsi Code" Value="214,04" />
<Setting Name="Enabled" Value="1" />
</SettingsGroup>

For IMSIs with 214 22 214 21 214 18 214 08 214 06 214 05 214 04 the triangle is not shown when active in any spanish network (Home PLMN Code" Value="214).

mpt15

Apr 5, 2013
Visit site
Then Nokia manufacture only those phones, 1020, 1320 and 1520. It no longer mock us with low cost products.

your hysterics won't get you the update. A lot of low cost android phones dont get updates, so stop hating on Nokia. The 620 will get the update. If they didn't intend to release ir, the status would be "not available" rather than "waiting for approval".also, the 520 got the black update, so it has NOTHING to do with how much you paid for the phone.

Microsoft made it possible for everyone to get the gdr3 update early, bypassing carriers and OEMs. So, if you have gdr3, and if you dont get the black firmware (which you will soon), you can still get the 8.1 update which is released by Microsoft (not Nokia) if they release it through the dev preview (which is very likely).
So can everyone please keep calm and enjoy your Lumia.
Peace.

Feb 24, 2014
Visit site
Nokia is busy in their high-end devices 1020, 1320 and 1520 etc.
Lol. Don't you think company big as nokia have groups of people, every group responsible for something else ? People for high end, people for marketing, people for updates etc.. you argument is invalid.

What if we get wp8.1 and then stupid nokia releases black for 620.
Will that create installation problem because I highly think that this will happen.

It will create not such thing. It will be fine, black is just some special features from nokia, not OS. WP devices are not only nokia, you have, huawei, htc, samsung etc, that devices don't have this whole charade with ambers blacks etc.. Users of different mobiles than nokia, also get the same what nokia with "new colours" but a bit later. Bottom line is, we do not need black, amber to have most of the features, because all the features besides battery killer double tap to wake were included in update of basic wp applications. Thats why after upgrade to gdr3, we have almost all black features.

Jajador

Mar 2, 2014
Visit site
ONO uses a different MNC in IMSI than the Movistar MNC. That's the reason why the triangle is shown.

In Spanish variant 059S040 there is a special setting in oemcustomazation.xml:

Hi alexloe! It is possible to modify this file? I wish to try with other firmwares than the spanish country variant. I remember to be looking for a registry editor or something else to modify these values when I was using the german firmware. You have opened my eyes ;)

Perhaps this thread is not the best place to discuss this. Sorry in advance.

Roman Ekaterininsky

Jul 16, 2013
Visit site
Hi alexloe! It is possible to modify this file? I wish to try with other firmwares than the spanish country variant. I remember to be looking for a registry editor or something else to modify these values when I was using the german firmware. You have opened my eyes ;)

Perhaps this thread is not the best place to discuss this. Sorry in advance.

Any registry edition may be possible only with interop-unlocked devices which are Samsung Ativ S, Samsung Ativ Odyssey, Huawei Ascend W1 and probably HTC 8S (due to xda forum)
We heard that black update available for Finland and neitherland, 5 days ago after that no country got the update so my question if we'll got black?
Not just there two countries. Check Middle East region.

alexloe

Jun 10, 2013
Visit site
In theory there may be an option to edit via JTAG or direct eMMC read / write. But to do that you have to open your phone, remove some shields and solder some wires.

Sakitumi

Jan 29, 2014
Visit site
In theory there may be an option to edit via JTAG or direct eMMC read / write. But to do that you have to open your phone, remove some shields and solder some wires.
You would need some inside knowledge of how to wire stuff. Pretty much not for a regular "forumer" here on wpcentral.

Jajador

Mar 2, 2014
Visit site
You are right. I'm a software developer, but I really do not know about hardware stuff... Thanks for your answers anyway, but I will wait till some kind of Windows Phone jailbroken ;)

Sent from my RM-846_eu_spain_358 using Tapatalk

xxxplode

Feb 20, 2014
Visit site
Those of you who already have black update, are u able to use custom sms tones? That's one of the features I'm looking forward to seeing when I will have it in a hopefully nearby future along with glance2.0, easier app shutdown, locking the screen and whatnot. Also, having black, will we be able to attach more filetypes than just pictures using email on wp8, or do we have to wait for 8.1 on this one?

Diniy Moktar

Jul 15, 2013
Visit site
It is getting annoying and irritating waiting for the black update in Asia Pacific. Sorry to say this. Still 'waiting for approval'. Its already March. :eck:

I_m_Snah

Nov 8, 2013
Visit site
WP_20140304.png

It looks like there's no camera "improvements" as I said before.
Still it can crank up the shutter speed up to 4 seconds, while the other Lumias(non-PureView) with Black can crank up to 1 second only.

Or is it just me.

svknet

Jan 31, 2013
Visit site
ZcMWCh1.jpg

Nokia is saying have patience! :straight:

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member