Nokia needs to sort out distribution for phones...

DBDev

Jan 13, 2012
Visit site
They said that the 1520 should come to Sweden yesterday, but now they say in the middle of February... :cry: It is always like this in Sweden, it takes about half a year for products to come out, especially Windows Phones... It's pretty annoying, because when a phone finally comes to Sweden something else better is always announced. :unhappy:

Dave Blake

Mod and Ambassador Team Emeritus
Jan 11, 2008
Visit site
That delay sucks but don't sweat it the 1520 is now and will be for quite some time, the number one Windows Phone device.

Pontifex

Sep 22, 2012
Visit site
Same problem in Denmark... Though I know they are probably false, the rumours about a Lumia 1525 make me reconsider buying it.

unstoppablekem

Sep 23, 2011
Visit site
Same problem in Denmark... Though I know they are probably false, the rumours about a Lumia 1525 make me reconsider buying it.

I rather buy the 1820, if it becomes true of course. However, if the Microsoft acquisition goes through, I don't see any more WPs going under Nokia's name anymore.

Hawk Tartaros

Jan 18, 2014
Visit site
Same here in The Netherlands.
I wanted it on day one and placed an order on contract before a release date was announced.
Then late december there was a release date for the 8th of januari but is delayed till the 20th of januari.

Microsoft always does this with there products, same was with the windows surface tablet and also the Xbox One (which will come probably mid summer 2014).
The Xbox One i ordered in Germany and the surface tablet i canceled and got a Vaio Duo tablet instead.
But this phone is going on contract because that is cheaper in 2 years.
So i have to wait.
Hope they won't delay it again.

Nisse Tuta

Dec 22, 2012
Visit site
I gave up when we dont even get a confirmed date here in Sweden. I ordered from the US. I guess the downside is that there might be problems with waranty (i dont think so) but the price ended up about 25% lower than the cheapest retail price in sweden, And I got a red one (not sold here).

John20212

Feb 27, 2012
Visit site
They said that the 1520 should come to Sweden yesterday, but now they say in the middle of February... :cry: It is always like this in Sweden, it takes about half a year for products to come out, especially Windows Phones... It's pretty annoying, because when a phone finally comes to Sweden something else better is always announced. :unhappy:

I wouldn't buy a phone in Sweden anyway, or any electronic device for that matter, since electronics are the most overpriced things in Sweden. When I lived there few years back I ordered all electronics, games, Bluray discs, etc. from the UK (mostly Amazon.co.uk) and saved a lot, especially since amazon has free postage from UK to Sweden.

If you are buying the phone at full price, check UK or even German sites and you will find a lot better price.

Nisse Tuta

Dec 22, 2012
Visit site
I wouldn't buy a phone in Sweden anyway, or any electronic device for that matter, since electronics are the most overpriced things in Sweden. When I lived there few years back I ordered all electronics, games, Bluray discs, etc. from the UK (mostly Amazon.co.uk) and saved a lot, especially since amazon has free postage from UK to Sweden.

If you are buying the phone at full price, check UK or even German sites and you will find a lot better price.

Its expensive here but UK is even more expensive.

despertador

Dec 26, 2012
Visit site
Phones are really cheap here in the US, compared to some of the phones in other countries, as I've both heard and seen. It seems that's also the case with a lot of other electronics...

Jarip

Jan 13, 2014
Visit site

It has been available over a month in Finland ... so it might be the closest source for you ...

By the way, it feels big for the first days, so you should use it for a week or so ... and then all 4" to 5" phones feels like toys ... :)

I am using 1520 as my primary phone now and it feels great ... well, my 920 is like a spare phone now ...

EDIT: if you buy an SD card for it too, buy a fast class 10 one, like Sandisk Extreme (not Ultra) ....

tissotti

Oct 26, 2011
Visit site

That's bizarre. Nordics have usually got the phone around the same time. Lumia 1520 has been selling in Finland for around a month already. Can't remember that happening before, especially with that kind of time difference.

I don't know how krona's exchange rate goes against euro and pound, but Germany tends to be cheapest if you are buying with euros. Granted phone prices in euros tend to be kind of standardized when it comes to Nokia.

Phones are really cheap here in the US, compared to some of the phones in other countries, as I've both heard and seen. It seems that's also the case with a lot of other electronics...

They are, but much of that is because of VAT. Though there are companies like Apple that just translate dollar price to euros. Making their devices more than they should be even with VAT.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
powerupgo