Verizon sent me two phones in Error? Your Opinion Please

Status
Not open for further replies.

eldreams

Nov 13, 2012
Visit site
I have two phones on phone account for Verizon. Two Nokia Lumia 928's. One of them bricked, and because it was under warranty they sent me a replacement phone. Here's the kicker, I asked for them to overnight the phone for the extra cost....My replacement phone showed up two days later, I did the exchange and sent the broken phone back. Another 928 came in the mail, standard delivery USPS. I've had it for about a month with no demands to send it back, I figured if they demanded I'd tell them someone probably stole it off my step as it was the holiday's and I was out of town! My second phone's screen broke, so I need to send it in for repairs however my wife doesn't want to be without a phone. I still have this phone that Verizon sent to me in error unboxed (refurbished probably)....If she puts her SIM card in that one while the other one is getting repaired what would happen? Will it trigger something in the Verizon database and shut the service down? Will it not activate? My backup plan of course would be to call Verizon and tell them I bought this phone of CL and i'd be more than willing to send it back - Any ideas?

TLDR: Verizon sent me a phone in error.. I need to send in my wife's phone for repair - what will happen if I put her SIM in this refurbished phone while her phone is getting repaired?

All of them are Nokia Lumia 928's.

JoeDizzle33

Aug 8, 2012
Visit site
For your own good I would just tell them of their error and send it back. No phone is worth losing your integrity over. In the end you will feel better for it. Just remember Karma can be a *****. Plus phones are traceable. If they find it missing from their inventory and in use by you or your wife, legal procedures may soon follow. This post may come back to haunt you.

Guytronic

Ambassador Team Leader
Nov 4, 2013
Visit site
I hereby declare that this is an example of what's wrong with the internet!

1: For me I would have returned one of the items.
2: I would have never ever asked 7 billion people what I should do.

WanderingTraveler

Dec 23, 2012
Visit site
Notify them of the error, and try to have them compensate for any losses you may have incurred by you having the phone in the first place.

In the end, it is just business, after all.

DavidinCT

Feb 18, 2011
Visit site
2 Options.....

1. Honest guy, call Verizon, tell them off the error, and return the phone, You MIGHT sleep better....

2. Don't give a sh*t guy, Keep the phone, put the other sim in there from your wife's phone, I would bet that it would work fine unless they blacklist it (ever hear of a BAD ESN ?). If they question it, then send it back or play dumb. What ever, they sent it to you. You didn't order a extra one, so it could be yours....

If Verizon figures it out, on a replacement phone, they will send you a text, then if you don't reply within 10 days, they will bill you $350ish depending on phone. Watch your bill, as you it will hit your account if they figure it out.

What ever you do, good luck, I would avoid posting here if you decide to do option 2...as people will call you a crook...

jgraves1107

Dec 12, 2013
Visit site
If you keep it they will eventually bill you got it. At the same time if the phone you sent back was tied to the two phones they sent you it may just balance the system. It happened to me and they billed me for it. At the same time I didn't care because I needed the extra phone. They removed it because I had added a line with that phone. In short they got me to add a line by sending the extra phone and they knew that was more money than the phone. Keep it. If they bill you, pay it.

airbornerc

Mar 25, 2013
Visit site
Be calm and try to get away with that. Just that. Damn i hate those companies ;) even if its blocked, means you'll have some spare parts lying around.

psiu_glen

Dec 26, 2011
Visit site
One, you know they will eventually figure that phone out.

Two, it's your own ethics at work.

Got in on one of the deal this summer for a Nokia charging stand (the 910). Shipping took way too long...two and a half weeks later, I understood what confused the USPS. They had packaged and shipped me two chargers, same tracking number. Went ahead and emailed the company and notified them.

If it had been a $5 item, maybe I wouldn't have. But it was $50, and a phone is what, $400?

You know what to do.

boxa72

Dec 2, 2012
Visit site
Just keep the ****in thing! Telcos rip us off blatantly on a daily basis so it's nice to hear wen they **** up lol😋

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hetb