Has Anyone Ordered the 32GB AT&T?

fitchalcyone

Dec 6, 2012
Visit site
Hey everyone. Anyone here that has ordered (and possibly received) the 32GB AT&T 1520? I'm starting to get the urge to get a yellow 16GB, but want to see if anything might have changed with the 32 before I take the plunge. Thanks in advance!

Khang Ngo1

Jan 19, 2014
Visit site
I returned the 16gb for the 32gb. Like maj said, it's just only 16 more gb. But the difference in the dollars is worth it to get that extra 16gb imo. Also with the more storage that you can definitely use for many other things that you may not be able to with just 16gb. I'm glad that I switched to the 32gb.

kabel_mk

Apr 15, 2013
Visit site
I returned the 16gb for the 32gb. Like maj said, it's just only 16 more gb. But the difference in the dollars is worth it to get that extra 16gb imo. Also with the more storage that you can definitely use for many other things that you may not be able to with just 16gb. I'm glad that I switched to the 32gb.
Could you tell us what is the product code (you can find that info on the sim card tray) and the RM number (this should be in settings->extras+info). The ATT's 16GB version is RM-940, i wonder if they kept the same RM number on the 32GB version. Some were speculating that the ATT 32GB version could be the RM-938, which was thought to have more WCDMA and LTE bands.

TotalLamer

Sep 15, 2009
Visit site
What really annoys me is that the 32GB is only available in Black. WHY?! Anyone know if it's ever going to be available in other colors... like white or red?

fitchalcyone

Dec 6, 2012
Visit site
Yes, please do share the RM. At this point, it's more of just an FYI for anyone who reads over here. I ended up breaking down and getting the yellow 16GB.

I agree Total, it stinks that there's only a black color option. It would have been nice for all of the colors, but I guess the SD card slot helps to alleviate some of that problem.

fitchalcyone

Dec 6, 2012
Visit site
Thanks for sharing that info. I'd have to put the 1520 as probably AT&T's most botched WP release yet. Hopefully they learn from the feedback that I've seen just about everywhere online and improve upon whatever's next.

esco757

Dec 23, 2013
Visit site
Yeah, I was about to bite, will now wait for whats announced at MWC next month. Hopefully some of the rumors are true... Thanks

Citizen X

May 11, 2013
Visit site
So, as I predicted. People started a million threads about how much at&t sucks because they didn't have a 32 GB version at launch. And now that they do offer a 32 GB version <2 months after launch we have one whole person who actually bought it. All the people demanding the 32 GB version were just wasting at&t and Nokia's time. At&t and Microsoft were giving away this phone for $0-$99 and all some people could do was b--ch about the lack of 32 GB version. Now it's here and even when you start a thread specifically about getting the 32 GB version all you hear is crickets.

manicottiK

Nov 24, 2011
Visit site
All of those people already bought the 16GB version and are stuck in 2-year contracts or, like me, bought the International version to get the memory and Qi charging. :grin:

TMLloyd

Jan 22, 2014
Visit site
That's why I waited for the dust to settle to see if they were going to come out with an updated version. I get my Black 32GB phone on Thursday, and since I'm not into those crazy colors black suits me just fine. BTW I got my phone via their NEXT program since my upgrade is due in May. So I'm not necessarily locked into a new 2yr contract, just a 20month payment plan with the option to upgrade the phone in 12months, provided I give back this phone and it's still in usable working order with no damage to the screen. For me that's a good deal because I get my new phone 5months ahead of time and have the option to get a better one when it comes out.

fitchalcyone

Dec 6, 2012
Visit site
So, as I predicted. People started a million threads about how much at&t sucks because they didn't have a 32 GB version at launch. And now that they do offer a 32 GB version <2 months after launch we have one whole person who actually bought it. All the people demanding the 32 GB version were just wasting at&t and Nokia's time. At&t and Microsoft were giving away this phone for $0-$99 and all some people could do was b--ch about the lack of 32 GB version. Now it's here and even when you start a thread specifically about getting the 32 GB version all you hear is crickets.

They would have had two buyers if they offered it in more than black. :p

I wouldn't mind ponying up a little more for the space had they given us color choices (paid off contract, at that). I sacrificed storage space and Qi. If I surrendered on color too, that would ultimately just not be the right phone anymore.

5150 Joker

Dec 4, 2013
Visit site

That's because a lot of were smart enough to move on and buy something else or others like myself purchased the RM 937 and are perfectly happy.

Citizen X

May 11, 2013
Visit site
All of those people already bought the 16GB version and are stuck in 2-year contracts or, like me, bought the International version to get the memory and Qi charging. :grin:

So on Jan 6th they were starting threads asking where the 32 GB version was and on Jan 10th when it was available they had all gone out and bought the international version or an iphone already? In four days? That doesn't seem plausible.

And speaking of contracts I own a Lumia 900 and I am still on contract. So there should be people coming off contract daily that should be snapping the 32 GB version up and posting about how much they love it. That obviously isn't happening. People are getting it but in no where near the numbers that people were complaining about it.

Ridemyscooter86

Dec 20, 2011
Visit site
I can see right now having the 16 gb model (which I have) for the 1520 could pose as a problem if its not enough storage space for you, but I'm pretty sure that I read correctly that with windows phone 8.1 they will let you install apps onto a micro sd card, so since the phone can take a micro sd card, why bother with the 32 gb model? AND YES, I do realize that putting external memory into a phone is slower, even when you use a class 10 card, but its not that much slower, and especially when I can buy another 16 gb card for like 10-15$ I personally wouldn't pay an extra 100$ for it, just my 2 cents fyi.

jjb4430

Jan 11, 2014
Visit site
I tend to agree aside from the caterwauling on storage the Qi charging I find the most interesting. Qi is clearly a niche product. ATT/Nokia are more likely to move more units in the US with a lower price tag than including a novelty like wireless charging with a higher price point. Storage is cheap, so I'm a little less forgiving on that point, but 16 gigs plus SD storage plus cloud storage is plenty sufficient for a vast majority of users. If you disagree with ATT/Nokia on that fine, but you have to at least see their point/logic. I'm also curious how the 32 gig has sold.

jaimeastin

Apr 8, 2012
Visit site

People are fickle... Nokia and specifically ATT potentially lost more sales because they released a seemingly inferior product in the eyes of most tech/mobile consumers. In reslaity, the product was designed well and the missing features are not at all important to the majority if cell phone users, especially if they are using numbers based on mostly iPhone users... Most iPhone users. Do not use more than 16GB or anything else, even if they buy more.

Att and Nokia have to realize, they are mostly selling to a mostly community of enthusiasts. Yes. More and more people are trying WP, but not at the numbers to risk your bread ans butter. Most windows.phones users are repeat customer with s bias and desire to support the platform overlooking the gaps ans hoping for a bright future... When att greedily had features changed, they cooled the desire for the product... By the time the 32GB was announced, it was possibly too late... Even though it has removable storage, it is only useful for media. Until 8.1, storage issues are a huge concern for most people with app install requirements ans such. With the rumors of more devices to come and their current devices going really strong, these complaining people are probably content with their devices and moved on...

Nokia needs to understand that the gains they made last year was because they made bold and innovative moves. They still have a ways to go. Allowing att to drastically change the product compared to the easily noticeable international version was a big issue..

It is not the people who wasted Att/Nokias time... Nokia suffered mostly because of Att and I hope if they product numbers are not there, they realize it... They both "did not strike while the irons were hot."

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hetb