Has Anyone Ordered the 32GB AT&T?

manicottiK

Nov 24, 2011
Visit site
So on Jan 6th they were starting threads asking where the 32 GB version was and on Jan 10th when it was available they had all gone out and bought the international version or an iphone already? In four days? That doesn't seem plausible.
First, I was kidding, which was why the smiley icon was there.

Second, the 1520 went on sale at AT&T back on November 22. For some time before that, we knew that it would be a 16 GB device without Qi. That means that two months -- not four days -- elapsed while people thought that the "upgrade" would halve their memory. Further, we knew that the removal of Qi and 16 GB of memory was an AT&T choice rather than a manufacturing or engineering limitation. (The three other 1520 variants all had 32 GB and Qi.)

This knowledge meant that people who didn't like AT&T's choices had an option other than just grumbling online. A small subset of users were willing to exercise that option, giving up LTE to get the wanted memory and wireless charging. I was in that subset. I'm not recommending it for most folks, but for some it's a good trade-off.

NoRomBasic

Apr 5, 2012
Visit site
I've had the 32GB 1520 Since last Friday. Also stuck a 64GB Microsd in it. Really enjoying it so far but also really missing the wireless charging.

mmcpher

Nov 5, 2012
Visit site
I have the 16g 1520 and am trying to get the 32g version, but it's not in stores and we aren't set up to order online through ATT. I'm trying to get our rep to figure it out. Why is it so hard to get an upgrade when we have upgrades due? I don't suppose they'd do an exchange?

livejazz

Feb 15, 2012
Visit site
Got my black 32gb version, yesterday. I am a dev, so up front it is nice to have the plethora of apps installed without worrying about space for other storage (besides the pics and media on the card). I am a boater and chart storage is critical. Also, the additional bands allow LTE in the US versus the original International version. Also, I have been reading the "factory defect" thread for the 16gb version and it seems, so far, that these issues don't exist with my new one. I lost my 1020 (in a boating accident! Lol) and this, to me, was a great replacement. Additionally, the black color selection didn't bother me, too much. my wife made fun of me when i bought my original Cyan (powder blue) Lumia 900 on release week. I was very disappointed when I originally thought there wouldn't be a US LTE version of the device, so now I'm excited! So, bottom line is, if you want to use your laptop less and less, go for it. I was apprehensive about the size, but people are just flat out impressed and video is amazing! 32gb rocks and removed any reservations I had and now very satisfied with the choice!

Barronius

Jan 24, 2014
Visit site
Is there an easy way to tell if one has the the 16 GB or the 32 GB model? I just bought mine yesterday and told the rep I wanted the 32 GB model but now I'm wondering if that's what I received.

Thanks.

Barronius

Jan 24, 2014
Visit site
Go to settings>storage check. It will tell you your total available capacity, and the amount of storage being used

Okay, Storage Check shows Total: 14 GB, Used: 5.8. So I guess the AT&T rep sold me the 16 GB model. Bummer, back to the store!

Why does the total show 14 GB instead of 16 GB?

Thanks.

NoRomBasic

Apr 5, 2012
Visit site
Settings - Phone Storage

Under the Phone category it should look similar to this: (SD Card will of course depend on what/if anything is plugged in there)

wp_ss_20140124_0001.jpg

Also, the label on the Box my 1520 came in clearly stated 32GB in the Model Description Field.

Last. If the ATT Salesperson sold you a "store" model, he was either ignorant (no surprise), or ATT or himself isn't giving the whole story because so far the 32GB model has only been available via online order.

alllies

Sep 5, 2012
Visit site
Okay, Storage Check shows Total: 14 GB, Used: 5.8. So I guess the AT&T rep sold me the 16 GB model. Bummer, back to the store!

Why does the total show 14 GB instead of 16 GB?

Thanks.
the 2Gb is for system partition. even sd cards have a partition which is not user accessible.

Barronius

Jan 24, 2014
Visit site
My storage check looks like this:

wp_ss_20140124_0001.jpg

And unfortunately, the label on my 1520 box doesn't mention the amount of memory. Description field states "RM - 940 ATT US BLACK"

LakeRatTX

Sep 8, 2012
Visit site
So, as I predicted. People started a million threads about how much at&t sucks because they didn't have a 32 GB version at launch. And now that they do offer a 32 GB version <2 months after launch we have one whole person who actually bought it. All the people demanding the 32 GB version were just wasting at&t and Nokia's time. At&t and Microsoft were giving away this phone for $0-$99 and all some people could do was b--ch about the lack of 32 GB version. Now it's here and even when you start a thread specifically about getting the 32 GB version all you hear is crickets.

AT&T has made it difficult to buy the 32GB model. It is not available in stores.

I tried to buy it online from AT&T, but they wouldn't sell it to me without a contract. I will be using it as a GoPhone. I don't want a contract.

I tried the Microsoft Store, they had no information as to whether they will ever carry the 32GB model. But, I could buy the 16GB 1520.

I finally was able to buy it today from Amazon, for the same price as the AT&T online store.

It shouldn't be that difficult to buy this phone. Some people may just give up and buy the 16GB model.

livejazz

Feb 15, 2012
Visit site
Looks, to me, that a lot of people are ordering. In fact, more than at&t anticipated! Out of stock, on line! Took a pic, but I guess i cant upload from the app. Still loving my 32gb 1520, btw.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shelton786