Switch from 1020 to 925, yes or no?

NightOrchid

Sep 16, 2013
Visit site
You're kidding, right?

Thanks for pointing that out, that statement was in the wrong place. I was referring to devices in general, not necessarily WP8 devices, for example the LG G2 in Asia has a removable battery and SD Card slot whereas UK model is a closed device, but when you get US carriers like AT&T and Verizon.. they actually make physical changes to the devices and change its Rom (softwre) to suit the carrier, not as it was intended, so therefore.. the software Rom will be locked and different becasue its made by the carrier for that "altered" device.

A good example here is UK is not getting the 929 icon (yet).. only US Verizon is.. but if they decided to say release an international version called the 929.1, I couldnt install an Icon rom on it.

Well they are both UK phones and you say that it might have a removable battery or sd card slot. I have never seen or heard of a 925 with either of them. Also what or where are the dimmer setting?

As you can see they are both UK phones.

Ok, first.. i hope the above answers your 1st question about sd cards and batteries.. I noticed 1 of your phones is a Vodaphone locked device, wheich means, itll have Nokia Black.. from Nokia and Vodaphones version of GDR3.. which is all under the name "Lumia Black" so dont worry. So then the dimmer is under "Glance" at the bottom of the settings menu.

Goto > Settings > Glance > Press the word "Glance screen" set it to "Peek" or "Interval", choose a night mode colour (I use Green.. easiest to see even when dimmed), then set Start and End times of Dimmer. I have my dimmer on permanently to save battery, so I have Start at 0300 and End at 02.59, so its alway on dimmer and Im asleep for the 1 minute when its normal.

If you dont see any of that under Glance.. Vodaphone have changed it and you may have different settings.

Hope that helps :)

Will6371

Nov 10, 2013
Visit site
I understand about the sd card and stuff.

Both of my phones are unlocked and I'm using the Vodafone one with my giffgaff sim.

I know how to set the night mode on glance but I thought that you meant that there was a way of adjusting the brightness of it because on my two phones the Hungarian one is brighter than the China one no matter what colour is set although the biggest difference is with day mode.

Will6371

Nov 10, 2013
Visit site
it is because you use the camera too much... can't blame you.. With a great camera like that , no one can resist taking photos on the 1020

My wife has a 1020 and the battery is not as good as the 925

Both with the same setting left to idle for 12 hours and the 1020 is down to 95% and the 925 was down to 98%

However if the camera is used heavily on the 1020 it eats battery but that is perfectly understandable. The extra battery case help with this and the taking of the photos.

I liked the 1020 a lot (except for the camera lump on the back) but I love the 925 in every way. I don't take a lot of photos so that part of the phone didn't appeal that much but my wife loves the 1020 and doesn't like the 925 that much.

Different people favour different things.

NightOrchid

Sep 16, 2013
Visit site
I understand about the sd card and stuff.

Both of my phones are unlocked and I'm using the Vodafone one with my giffgaff sim.

I know how to set the night mode on glance but I thought that you meant that there was a way of adjusting the brightness of it because on my two phones the Hungarian one is brighter than the China one no matter what colour is set although the biggest difference is with day mode.

I had a guess youd probably know that :), was just offering up ideas :).. One last thing I can suggest you try, is.. get both phones, goto:

Settings > Display > look at Sunlight Readability, Battery Saver Brightness and the colour profile adjust and compare the settings against each other, see if they are any changes..

Beyond that, Im afraid I cant offer any more advice.. It must be the way VodaPhone have set their updates, which you cant change.. Sorry :)

But I hope its been a help :)

QwarkDreams

Nov 12, 2013
Visit site
does the 1gb extra ram on the 1020 make any difference in smooth flow of OS/ speed compared to the 1020 ?

The OS is already smooth with just 1GB of RAM. Didn't see/feel any difference when I tested it yesterday at my local electronics store.
But I think I once read that the addictional GB is only because the camera eats up so much RAM.

Armin Mhd

Nov 16, 2013
Visit site
Dude i use whatsapp alot but when i use whatsapp for an hour, poof 30% is gone!! Its just annoying! It couldnt be 4 phones. Do you have it with tmobile? Cuz mine is with em so maybe thats why(?)

Will6371

Nov 10, 2013
Visit site
The OS is already smooth with just 1GB of RAM. Didn't see/feel any difference when I tested it yesterday at my local electronics store.
But I think I once read that the addictional GB is only because the camera eats up so much RAM.

Same here, I don't see any difference in them.

QwarkDreams

Nov 12, 2013
Visit site
Only thing I didn't test was how the performance with games is (with complex 3D graphics), this could make a difference, since some users with devices sporting 1GB RAM (like the 920) reported some light to heavy stuttering on some games. But I don't know if the additional RAM really is reserved for the camera (also don't want to spread rumors if this isn't true!).

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hetb